Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added]

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, Tarik Black, Mr. E, bwgood77, Rhettmatic, Duke4life831, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Capn'O, Dirk, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199

Who is the best upcoming team between these two?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolves
59
62%
Nuggets
36
38%
 
Total votes: 95

Nuggets_Talk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,063
And1: 1,026
Joined: Oct 19, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#181 » by Nuggets_Talk » Tue Oct 4, 2016 7:44 pm

Klomp wrote:
breatnach wrote:Nuggets are good enough to enjoy watching, but also bad enough to secure a Top 5 pick (and with a bit of luck even higher).

Are they though? I mean bad enough for the Top 5...They were only bad enough for the No. 7 pick last year and arguably their best player missed 30 games. To me, I think they only bottom out as a mid-lotto team.

Yet at the same time, even with a healthy Gallinari, I don't know how high their ceiling is. I think it's capped compared to other younger teams. Sure, they could prove me wrong if someone made a jump from OK player to the best player in the NBA like some want to use GSW as an example of a team with a perceived lower ceiling a few years ago...but how likely is that? I think it's just as likely they could be a fringe playoff team a la Phoenix or New Orleans before plateauing and regressing.

They do have a GM with a history of a comparable build, but Denver isn't in the Eastern Conference like Toronto is. I think it'll be tougher for that model to work.


I'll take those odds. A chance at rising while risking falling back. It's a long Shot but it's something. And besides the top 3-4 teams, what is everyone else fighting for anyways?

I'm just happy we are rebuilding the right way and better yet have quickly created one of the better young rosters to build around. And all of this without ever getting a top 5 pick.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 22,353
And1: 6,017
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
     

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#182 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 4, 2016 7:50 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
not to say we will be better than minnesota short or long term, but our future is damn good. super young team, lots of potential, good vets as well, lots of cap space, amazing at draft picks (with a couple extra ones coming up too)...its easy to see why were are at least in the discussion.

lots to be excited about in denver. finally building a team the right way.


Loads of cap space and amazing draft picks upcoming, sure. Young, definitely considering they're at the beginning of a rebuild, but young talent doesn't always equal good young talent. The "good vets" part, who cares? Most those vets won't still be around when the team is back to being respectable anyhow.

I guess I'm just not seeing what there is to be excited about aside from the fact that the Nuggets are finally starting a true no-joke rebuild. It's fine to be excited for that, but there's no way you can put them even in the same universe as the Wolves where they have all their rebuild basically done and now just have to wait for it to mature. The Nuggets don't even have the first real piece in place and won't until some of those picks start turning into players.


True but then why are we having any discussions at all since no one knows the future? Nothing is guaranteed but Denver has a lot of things to look forward too. Most nuggets fans are very excited, which is definitely fair considering what happened the last 2-3 seasons.

Notice I did also choose Minnesota but it's a 30 team league, not 2. Their success doesn't mean also can't do well.


I do agree that this shouldn't be a conversation at all really either.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Nuggets_Talk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,063
And1: 1,026
Joined: Oct 19, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#183 » by Nuggets_Talk » Tue Oct 4, 2016 8:07 pm

But since we don't know the future of any team why have any discussions about any teams? That was my point.
We don't know how good the lakers, bucks or suns will be - should we not discuss them either?
User avatar
dautjazz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,348
And1: 3,466
Joined: Aug 01, 2001
Location: Miami, FL
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#184 » by dautjazz » Tue Oct 4, 2016 8:42 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:Sixers


in 2022?
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
User avatar
Blame Rasho
On Leave
Posts: 38,744
And1: 6,120
Joined: Apr 25, 2002

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#185 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Oct 5, 2016 12:13 am

I love the Wolves future more than a fish loves water.
Things I have learned on the realgm this week...
I am not allowed to post anywhere on realgm, unlike trolls...Who can't be called trolls
So until status quo is changed, que se chinge realgm...
Adios cagones...
YourBuddy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#186 » by YourBuddy » Wed Oct 5, 2016 1:03 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
I am defending my position - the intention of my post was only that people who dont watch the nuggets really shouldnt have more credibility than us fans who do. I did not mean to imply anything about minnesota, their team or their fans. very simple logic. now my post may have not been crystal clear so I politely clarified what I was trying to say. and for 99% of posters a simple "oh, I see, no worries" would have been the mature response.

but for some reason, as youve done in the past, you really try and force arguments. as if you really know what my intentions were more than myself :lol:

so, no...you clearly did not understand.


4. Unless you actually have anything relevant to the original reply? I'll be moving along.


Great. That's all I wanted. I never said anything worth arguing about in the first place. You freak out way too soon (like last time). Not sure why you were so adamant about telling me what my intentions were when I clarified them the first time.


All you ever wanted was for me to not reply to you anymore? Why would you even respond to me if that is all you ever wanted in the first place?

So, by interjecting yourself into the discussion with a counter claim, there are two options. You are either defending the other posters point or you are posting something irrelevant to the discussion. Which then would mean you either didn't understand my point(which is also ironic since you kept on saying I couldn't understand your point) and/or were looking for an argument(which would also make sense, since you clearly have an issue with me and started attacking me instead of the point, while I don't even remember you).

But please tell me again, why its my fault that you are arguing with me?
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,818
And1: 14,465
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#187 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 5, 2016 1:13 am

YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
4. Unless you actually have anything relevant to the original reply? I'll be moving along.


Great. That's all I wanted. I never said anything worth arguing about in the first place. You freak out way too soon (like last time). Not sure why you were so adamant about telling me what my intentions were when I clarified them the first time.


All you ever wanted was for me to not reply to you anymore? Why would you even respond to me if that is all you ever wanted in the first place?

So, by interjecting yourself into the discussion with a counter claim, there are two options. You are either defending the other posters point or you are posting something irrelevant to the discussion. Which then would mean you either didn't understand my point(which is also ironic since you kept on saying I couldn't understand your point) and/or were looking for an argument(which would also make sense, since you clearly have an issue with me and started attacking me instead of the point, while I don't even remember you).

But please tell me again, why its my fault that you are arguing with me?


Time for you guys to move along and let this one go.
User avatar
MC3
RealGM
Posts: 11,595
And1: 5,501
Joined: Jul 21, 2014
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#188 » by MC3 » Wed Oct 5, 2016 1:17 am

Blame Rasho wrote:I love the Wolves future more than a fish loves water.

I had same feelings in 2009 after Bulls vs Celtics series. We know how that turned out.
User avatar
DeKroit
Junior
Posts: 312
And1: 166
Joined: Nov 09, 2014
       

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#189 » by DeKroit » Wed Oct 5, 2016 2:43 am

MC3 wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:I love the Wolves future more than a fish loves water.

I had same feelings in 2009 after Bulls vs Celtics series. We know how that turned out.


I hope you're not implying that KAT is going to have a career killing injury. That would be a sad day for NBA fans :(
Nuggets_Talk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,063
And1: 1,026
Joined: Oct 19, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#190 » by Nuggets_Talk » Wed Oct 5, 2016 7:15 am

YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
4. Unless you actually have anything relevant to the original reply? I'll be moving along.


Great. That's all I wanted. I never said anything worth arguing about in the first place. You freak out way too soon (like last time). Not sure why you were so adamant about telling me what my intentions were when I clarified them the first time.


All you ever wanted was for me to not reply to you anymore? Why would you even respond to me if that is all you ever wanted in the first place?

So, by interjecting yourself into the discussion with a counter claim, there are two options. You are either defending the other posters point or you are posting something irrelevant to the discussion. Which then would mean you either didn't understand my point(which is also ironic since you kept on saying I couldn't understand your point) and/or were looking for an argument(which would also make sense, since you clearly have an issue with me and started attacking me instead of the point, while I don't even remember you).

But please tell me again, why its my fault that you are arguing with me?


You misunderstood my original post and didn't accept my simple clarification afterwards. No reason to freak out - yet you did.
Snotbubbles
Senior
Posts: 639
And1: 416
Joined: Feb 26, 2014
       

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#191 » by Snotbubbles » Wed Oct 5, 2016 11:40 am

dautjazz wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:Sixers


in 2022?


An attempt to be witty that fails miserably.

The Sixers have a player in Embiid that has a ceiling that is higher than any player on the either the Wolves or Nuggets. Then you add in a guy like Simmons who at worst would be the second most talented player of any player on either the Nuggets or Wolves not named Towns and even that could be debated.

Then you factor in their own draft pick this year could potentially be in the top 3, the Lakers pick either this year or next which will probably be top 5 and the Sacramento pick in 2019 the year after Cousins is set to be an UFA and that pick almost certainly will be top 8. Yeah, the Sixers are going to be loaded.

A lot of Sixer bashing goes on in these forums, but they are going to become a destination team for free agents in the near future.
User avatar
Klomp
Senior Mod - Timberwolves
Senior Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 46,601
And1: 6,112
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#192 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 5, 2016 12:11 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:The Sixers have a player in Embiid that has a ceiling that is higher than any player on the either the Wolves or Nuggets. Then you add in a guy like Simmons who at worst would be the second most talented player of any player on either the Nuggets or Wolves not named Towns and even that could be debated.

Ceiling is only good if you can reach it. Otherwise it's just unfulfilled potential.

I will say, Embiid looked good last night. But he still has a ways to go before he reaches the production that Towns had his rookie year.

And health is a serious consideration when talking about reaching a player's potential. Towns and Wiggins have played in a combined 245 of 246 games. Embiid has played 0 of 164 games and Simmons is already hurt before his rookie year has even begun, as well.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
MC3
RealGM
Posts: 11,595
And1: 5,501
Joined: Jul 21, 2014
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#193 » by MC3 » Wed Oct 5, 2016 12:35 pm

DeKroit wrote:
MC3 wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:I love the Wolves future more than a fish loves water.

I had same feelings in 2009 after Bulls vs Celtics series. We know how that turned out.


I hope you're not implying that KAT is going to have a career killing injury. That would be a sad day for NBA fans :(

I just know on my example future isnt always sunshine and rainbows. And doesnt turn out how you wished it. Ironically it can become hell.
YourBuddy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#194 » by YourBuddy » Thu Oct 6, 2016 3:31 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Great. That's all I wanted. I never said anything worth arguing about in the first place. You freak out way too soon (like last time). Not sure why you were so adamant about telling me what my intentions were when I clarified them the first time.


All you ever wanted was for me to not reply to you anymore? Why would you even respond to me if that is all you ever wanted in the first place?

So, by interjecting yourself into the discussion with a counter claim, there are two options. You are either defending the other posters point or you are posting something irrelevant to the discussion. Which then would mean you either didn't understand my point(which is also ironic since you kept on saying I couldn't understand your point) and/or were looking for an argument(which would also make sense, since you clearly have an issue with me and started attacking me instead of the point, while I don't even remember you).

But please tell me again, why its my fault that you are arguing with me?


You misunderstood my original post and didn't accept my simple clarification afterwards. No reason to freak out - yet you did.


Never misunderstood anything. Just didn't think it was relevant as you later acknowledged.
Nuggets_Talk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,063
And1: 1,026
Joined: Oct 19, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#195 » by Nuggets_Talk » Thu Oct 6, 2016 5:54 pm

YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
All you ever wanted was for me to not reply to you anymore? Why would you even respond to me if that is all you ever wanted in the first place?

So, by interjecting yourself into the discussion with a counter claim, there are two options. You are either defending the other posters point or you are posting something irrelevant to the discussion. Which then would mean you either didn't understand my point(which is also ironic since you kept on saying I couldn't understand your point) and/or were looking for an argument(which would also make sense, since you clearly have an issue with me and started attacking me instead of the point, while I don't even remember you).

But please tell me again, why its my fault that you are arguing with me?


You misunderstood my original post and didn't accept my simple clarification afterwards. No reason to freak out - yet you did.


Never misunderstood anything. Just didn't think it was relevant as you later acknowledged.


You forgot but you did. Or you don't know what "understand" means.

Or you can read my mind.

What number am I thinking of?
YourBuddy
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#196 » by YourBuddy » Thu Oct 6, 2016 6:05 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
You misunderstood my original post and didn't accept my simple clarification afterwards. No reason to freak out - yet you did.


Never misunderstood anything. Just didn't think it was relevant as you later acknowledged.


You forgot but you did. Or you don't know what "understand" means.

Or you can read my mind.

What number am I thinking of?


The only thing I didn't understand was why you replied to me in the first place with an irrelevant point with the intention of me not replying to you?

Your point was simple to understand. The relevance was not, again as you later admitted.

You were just obsessed with saying I can't understand your point and repeating nonstop that I'm the one looking to argue, instead of actually trying to come up with something relevant to the discussion you wanted to jump into.
Grubie024
Ballboy
Posts: 9
And1: 1
Joined: Mar 29, 2016
     

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#197 » by Grubie024 » Thu Oct 6, 2016 8:12 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:Sixers


in 2022?


An attempt to be witty that fails miserably.

The Sixers have a player in Embiid that has a ceiling that is higher than any player on the either the Wolves or Nuggets. Then you add in a guy like Simmons who at worst would be the second most talented player of any player on either the Nuggets or Wolves not named Towns and even that could be debated.

Then you factor in their own draft pick this year could potentially be in the top 3, the Lakers pick either this year or next which will probably be top 5 and the Sacramento pick in 2019 the year after Cousins is set to be an UFA and that pick almost certainly will be top 8. Yeah, the Sixers are going to be loaded.

A lot of Sixer bashing goes on in these forums, but they are going to become a destination team for free agents in the near future.



We all have our biases, but it's a bit presumptive to say Embiid has a higher ceiling than KAT. Towns has a better looking stroke and appears to move much more fluidly than Embiid. Could you expand on why Embiid has a higher ceiling than KAT?

As for Simmons being "at worst would be the second most talented player of any player on either the Nuggets or Wolves not named Towns", yet another big assumption. Wiggins hasn't done much to temper my expectations of him. His advanced stats are not good and his passing/rebounding left some to be desired but the kid can flat out score. And he's a kid- still very young.

Only time will tell how these things pan out but looking at it objectively I can't agree with you at this point.

As for the original topic- Wolves by far. Nuggets have a lot of nice pieces, but every fan should know that a single elite talent has far more impact in the NBA than a few "good" talents. Jokic, Mudiay and Murray would have to really shock us for me to change my mind.
Nuggets_Talk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,063
And1: 1,026
Joined: Oct 19, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#198 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Oct 7, 2016 4:56 pm

YourBuddy wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:
Never misunderstood anything. Just didn't think it was relevant as you later acknowledged.


You forgot but you did. Or you don't know what "understand" means.

Or you can read my mind.

What number am I thinking of?




Your point was simple to understand.


But you got it wrong.
It's ok though.

(Btw the number was 51)
Nowak008
RealGM
Posts: 12,277
And1: 2,276
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
Location: Cynics are merely idealists with extremely high standards
Contact:

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggest 

Post#199 » by Nowak008 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 5:16 pm

wablty wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:It's astonishing that even if they have Anthony Davis, nobody's mentioning the Pelicans.
This shows how bad NOP front office is.


I think part of that is also the injury history. He's yet to have a 70 game season.

Obviously, however, it's the lack of talent around him. AD's situation in New Orleans is starting to feel very early KG in Minnesotaish.


Nuggets could make an offer the Pels couldn't refuse - Nurkic, Farried, Jamal Murray + any number of other assets or young players. Pels are never dealing AD, but Denver could give the Pels a war chest of assets.

Davis + Holiday for Mudi + Murray + Farried +Nurkic + Beasley+ Garry Harris, + multiple firsts

Holiday
Barton
Gallo
AD
Jokic

Never going to happen but would be super fun. Just wish AD had a good team.
Image
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters


THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
simon24
Pro Prospect
Posts: 950
And1: 156
Joined: Feb 02, 2014

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#200 » by simon24 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 6:49 pm

juju14 wrote:Who will take the leap.


Nuggets. They're healthy and upgraded at SG.

Return to The General Board