Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets [Poll added]

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, Tarik Black, Mr. E, bwgood77, Rhettmatic, Duke4life831, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Capn'O, Dirk, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199

Who is the best upcoming team between these two?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Wolves
59
62%
Nuggets
36
38%
 
Total votes: 95

NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 3,198
And1: 843
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#241 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:13 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:im cheering for both teams. since they have 1-2 best canadians in wiggins and jamal murry but nuggets is gonna come across a big problem by the time they can truly contend. They have 1 star and 6-7 very good role players. those 6-7 good players are gonna paid like stars by franchises with cap space. hard to get keep all that money and players. Timberwolves have 2 legit stars in wiggins and KAT. just have to build around them properly

Don't sleep on Murray, if our coach would get his head out of a dark hole and play him more, he's shown some flashes of great potential. Star? Hard to say until we see him play more.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 3,198
And1: 843
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#242 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:The best up and coming team may be Boston's second unit in 2017-18:

Lonzo Ball (or Markelle Fultz)
Jalen Brown
Abdul Nader
Guerschon Yabusele
Ante Zizic

bench: Terry Rozier, Demetrius Jackson,Jordan Mickey

I left out James Young because I think he will be elsewhere next year.

Boston, Boston, Boston - oops, this thread wasn't comparing Boston to anyone. Start a new thread instead of trying to hijack another, if you please.
User avatar
mihail_petkov
Pro Prospect
Posts: 855
And1: 891
Joined: Jun 23, 2011

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#243 » by mihail_petkov » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:22 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
mihail_petkov wrote:Sure, but we use Jokic data for 8 less minutes per game than Towns. If Jokic plays more minutes, he will not be so effective.
Also we use Jokic minutes as center. Take in mind that Towns is playing out of position the whole year as PF.

My point is that they are playing at similar level, but Jokic hype is so big and nobody is talking about KAT. Sounds weird for me.


Jokic goes against all logic.

In the 8 games when has player 35+ mpg:

36.6 mpg, 28.5 ppg (0.631 FG%), 13.3 reb, 6.6 ast, 1.3 stl, 1.3 blk

increasing minutes and usage, increase efficiency.

It's insane.

Small sample :) Don't get me wrong. Jokic is really good but it is really difficult to be so consistent 82 games a year, playing back to backs on 36+ minutes per game.
User avatar
mcmurphy
Senior
Posts: 588
And1: 174
Joined: Mar 06, 2009
Location: Milan-Italy
   

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#244 » by mcmurphy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:13 pm

mihail_petkov wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:
mihail_petkov wrote:Sure, but we use Jokic data for 8 less minutes per game than Towns. If Jokic plays more minutes, he will not be so effective.
Also we use Jokic minutes as center. Take in mind that Towns is playing out of position the whole year as PF.

My point is that they are playing at similar level, but Jokic hype is so big and nobody is talking about KAT. Sounds weird for me.


Jokic goes against all logic.

In the 8 games when has player 35+ mpg:

36.6 mpg, 28.5 ppg (0.631 FG%), 13.3 reb, 6.6 ast, 1.3 stl, 1.3 blk

increasing minutes and usage, increase efficiency.

It's insane.

Small sample :) Don't get me wrong. Jokic is really good but it is really difficult to be so consistent 82 games a year, playing back to backs on 36+ minutes per game.


I'm with you that playing 82 games on 36+ minutes it's difficult and in my opinion not necessary.
Thibs imho threatens to ruin the career of Towns making him play so much for a kid (in the last month Towns has played 16 games on 38.2 mpg).

D'Antoni and Donovan manage better the minutes (36 and 34mpg) of experencied veteran as Harden and RW.
Nuggets_Talk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,013
And1: 976
Joined: Oct 19, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#245 » by Nuggets_Talk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:The best up and coming team may be Boston's second unit in 2017-18:

Lonzo Ball (or Markelle Fultz)
Jalen Brown
Abdul Nader
Guerschon Yabusele
Ante Zizic

bench: Terry Rozier, Demetrius Jackson,Jordan Mickey

I left out James Young because I think he will be elsewhere next year.


Doesn't come close to the discussion imo
Riko
Junior
Posts: 454
And1: 193
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
   

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#246 » by Riko » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
Riko wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:Nurkic+Mudiay+1st for John Wall

I'll do without the first or with Memphis' pick.


jesus, when I proposed the trade Wizard was 12-15

I think at the time a trade Nurkic+Mudiay+1st 2017 Nuggets + 1st 2017(via Memphis) + 1st 2018 Nuggets for John Wall It would have been well accepted by wizard fans

A duo Wall-Jokic it would be great.


Wow, I really overstimated both Mudiay and Nurkic.
Like I said in another topic I think that Wall isn't the right PG for Jokic, I think he needs a PG who can play off the ball.
User avatar
thinktank
Pro Prospect
Posts: 868
And1: 198
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
Location: Mpls

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#247 » by thinktank » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 am

For what it's worth, KAT sure seems to own Jokic head-to-head.

Wiggins just postered Jokic. That'll be on Sportscenter.

Wolves about to make it two in a row against the Nuggets.

Wolves record doesn't show it but I like the way we're progressing.
brutalitops
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,380
And1: 1,678
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
     

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#248 » by brutalitops » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:09 am

Riko wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:
Riko wrote:

I'll do without the first or with Memphis' pick.


jesus, when I proposed the trade Wizard was 12-15

I think at the time a trade Nurkic+Mudiay+1st 2017 Nuggets + 1st 2017(via Memphis) + 1st 2018 Nuggets for John Wall It would have been well accepted by wizard fans

A duo Wall-Jokic it would be great.


Wow, I really overstimated both Mudiay and Nurkic.
Like I said in another topic I think that Wall isn't the right PG for Jokic, I think he needs a PG who can play off the ball.


Jokic has gone HAM when he's had the play run through him, Now in certain games you can't expect to do this every possession.

You def need a PG who can shoot and happy to shoot, cut back-door and runs only 50% of the plays and defend. Someone like Bledsoe/Beverley/Conley
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junior
Posts: 380
And1: 236
Joined: Jul 26, 2013
Location: Serbia

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#249 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:15 am

thinktank wrote:For what it's worth, KAT sure seems to own Jokic head-to-head.

Wiggins just postered Jokic. That'll be on Sportscenter.

Wolves about to make it two in a row against the Nuggets.

Wolves record doesn't show it but I like the way we're progressing.

Jokic played better than KAT when they played 1 on 1 today. Other points stand. That dunk was 8-)
User avatar
thinktank
Pro Prospect
Posts: 868
And1: 198
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
Location: Mpls

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#250 » by thinktank » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 am

Jokic was 6 for 19. Towns was 8 for 19, had his best rebounding night of the season (19 boards) and had best +/- on court.

I saw a very frustrated Jokic get a T for elbowing Towns.

Not sure what game you were watching.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junior
Posts: 380
And1: 236
Joined: Jul 26, 2013
Location: Serbia

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#251 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:30 am

thinktank wrote:Jokic was 6 for 19. Towns was 8 for 19, had his best rebounding night of the season (19 boards) and had best +/- on team.

I saw a very frustrated Jokic get a T for elbowing Towns.

Not sure what game you were watching.

I didn't say that Jokic had better game. I just said that Jokic played better 1 on 1 vs him so you can't really say that KAT has better h2h. Jokic blocked him 3 times today. Jokic was frustrated cause they were losing and cause he missed like 5 layups not cause of the KAT, he smacked the **** out of Dieng earlier in the game too and he had 7/5
Metin91
Senior
Posts: 539
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#252 » by Metin91 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:35 am

thinktank wrote:Jokic was 6 for 19. Towns was 8 for 19, had his best rebounding night of the season (19 boards) and had best +/- on court.

I saw a very frustrated Jokic get a T for elbowing Towns.

Not sure what game you were watching.


Don't bother the guys from serbia, clear fanboy. Jokic got his a$$ handed too him today.
Metin91
Senior
Posts: 539
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#253 » by Metin91 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:43 am

Towns averages for the season against Denver
26 pts 14 rebs and 5 assists.

Jokic season averages against the Wolves
14 pts, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

Whose better head too head?
PeptoKlepto
Senior
Posts: 633
And1: 695
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#254 » by PeptoKlepto » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:47 am

Tough one. Love both young cores. Wolves have better potential on paper but I love how Jokic and Hernangomez fit in today's NBA.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junior
Posts: 380
And1: 236
Joined: Jul 26, 2013
Location: Serbia

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#255 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:51 am

Metin91 wrote:
thinktank wrote:Jokic was 6 for 19. Towns was 8 for 19, had his best rebounding night of the season (19 boards) and had best +/- on court.

I saw a very frustrated Jokic get a T for elbowing Towns.

Not sure what game you were watching.


Don't bother the guys from serbia, clear fanboy. Jokic got his a$$ handed too him today.


By whom? Wiggins's dunk was the only time when he got owned and he got owned big time there. Jokic played the same game he is playing the whole year he just couldn't hit anything and got really frustrated. He missed at least 5 layups and still finished with 15/14/4 with 4 blocks and he was the only guy in + from Denver alongside Johnny O'Bryant who played 5 minutes.


KAT had better game no question but Jokic played mainly against Dieng, when he played against KAT he would came out as a winner. I'll download the game tomorrow and post gif of every Jokic vs KAT play if you want
Metin91 wrote:Towns averages for the season against Denver
26 pts 14 rebs and 5 assists.

Jokic season averages against the Wolves
14 pts, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

Whose better head too head?

You can't compare like that when they play against each other 30% of the game. Curry had an awful game against Denver 2 days ago but I can't say that Jokic is better h2h cause he had triple double (a little overblown example but point stands)
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 15,479
And1: 2,024
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#256 » by theGreatRC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:51 am

Both have cornerstones in KAT & Jokic.

Wolves have a better #2 guy in Wiggins.

Denver has more talent 1-15, more so than a lot of people originally thought.

It all depends on the surrounding cast of Jokic vs KAT, both look like top big men for years to come
2017-2018 season is the Year of the Wolves!
-Playoff bandwagon list:
-theGreatRC
-Note30
-mercgold3
User avatar
Klomp
Senior Mod - Timberwolves
Senior Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 46,587
And1: 6,106
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#257 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:53 am

I will say this. I massively underestimated Jokic going into the season.

That being said, I agree with RC that while Denver is the deeper unit (loved the Plumlee trade btw), Wolves have the better talent at the top.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
thinktank
Pro Prospect
Posts: 868
And1: 198
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
Location: Mpls

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#258 » by thinktank » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 am

Metin91 wrote:Towns averages for the season against Denver
26 pts 14 rebs and 5 assists.

Jokic season averages against the Wolves
14 pts, 8 rebounds and 6 assists.

Whose better head too head?


I've watched all four games and Jokic has looked frustrated each game.

Of course, they split the series.

Wiggins now looks very different from Wiggins a month ago.

Whoa.
User avatar
ZeppelinPage
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,488
And1: 1,497
Joined: Jun 26, 2008
Location: The desert
     

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#259 » by ZeppelinPage » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:35 am

Didn't the Nuggets start Plumlee and Jokic together? Hasn't Jokic been starting at C?
SoCalNuggsFan
Junior
Posts: 287
And1: 150
Joined: Nov 14, 2009

Re: Best upcoming team. Twolves or Nuggets 

Post#260 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am

Jokic vs. towns is gonna be really fun to watch 4 + times per year for the next decade. Towns is too strong and quick for Jokic to handle defensively at this point, which is why Denver needs to prioritize getting an athletic defensive minded 4 to play with Jokic. KAT definitely got the better of Joker tonight, but Jokic still had 15/14/4/4 in his worst game as a starting C this year so I'd hardly call it "owned"

Return to The General Board