Premature All-Star Predictions

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Premature All-Star Predictions 

Post#81 » by The_Hater » Fri Dec 2, 2016 5:20 pm

J0rdan4life42o wrote:Simple solution for all star game... Fans vote for 5 players to make it from each conference, coaches choose remainder of the roster and asg coach chooses starters.

Or even better, make it top 3 from each conference. Anything to lesson the possibility of some undeserving player getting voted in.

And people need to understand that the league will never get rid of fan voting. It's free publicity and advertising for them. That's far more important than getting the 'right' guys into an exhibition game.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#82 » by Smirk » Fri Dec 2, 2016 9:19 pm

Davis is averaging 32/11/2.8

He'll get the votes necessary to be a starter.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#83 » by MotownMadness » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:17 pm

Kevin Love is killing it this year. It will be interesting to see who starts between him and Kristaps. I would think Zinger would get the fan vote and Love the coaches vote but looking over the numbers Love is having the better the season.
wardjdim
Starter
And1: 20

Post#84 » by wardjdim » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:39 pm

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/17/2/eff/1-1

Irving at the moment is not an all-star. the guy is the 5th best pg in the east

according to stats of that hoopsstats site, the three best players for each position in each conference are the following

east:
wall - lowry - thomas
de rozan - bradley - beal
antetokounmpo - james - butler
love - porzingis - millsap
whiteside - horford - drummond

west:
westbrook - curry - paul
harden - mccollum - clay thompson
durant - leonard - hayward
davis - griffin - draymond green
cousins - towns - gobert

we could consider some positions (like the pg position in the west or the sf position in the east) as extremely strong. the three pgs of the western team are clearly the three best pgs in the nba. however we could consider some players (millsap or avery bradley and braley beal in the east, rudy gobert, kat, clay thompson in the east) as non all-star level guys and just excelling in their squads.
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#85 » by MartinsLusis » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:19 pm

If someone thinks that KP doesn't deserve an All-Star spot now, you should take a look at these stats:

He has been really outstanding on offense this year and is getting better and getting more and more touches right now. His rebounding numbers aren't impressive, because he tipically plays on the perimeter. But there have been a lot of impressive highlights as well.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,688

Post#86 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Dec 4, 2016 10:27 pm

If KP doesn't fall off a cliff, he will get voted in as the starter. That's not to say Love or Milsap are not better players at the moment, they probably are, but Porzingis is obviously much more popular. Unless he kills a puppy and live streams it/gets injured/falls of a cliff game-wise, he is in.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#87 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 10:37 pm

MartinsLusis wrote:If someone thinks that KP doesn't deserve an All-Star spot now, you should take a look at these stats:

He has been really outstanding on offense this year and is getting better and getting more and more touches right now. His rebounding numbers aren't impressive, because he tipically plays on the perimeter. But there have been a lot of impressive highlights as well.

How does KP has negative DRPM? :o
Everytime I watch the Knicks I feel he is by far the best defender of his team especially in the paint..
Does his over-aggression and his semi-usual foul trouble hurts this rating or he is just bad in the perimeter defense?
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#88 » by JohnWillow » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:13 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
MartinsLusis wrote:If someone thinks that KP doesn't deserve an All-Star spot now, you should take a look at these stats:

Everytime I watch the Knicks I feel he is by far the best defender of his team especially in the paint..
Does his over-aggression and his semi-usual foul trouble hurts this rating or he is just bad in the perimeter defense?

After pick n roll, he leaves his man on the perimeter open a lot that's true, but I have a feeling his perfect front court partner was Robin Lopez, I don't know why.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#89 » by MartinsLusis » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:37 am

greekbuck34 wrote:

As someone already said - it's mostly three pointers. It was much worse in the first 5-7 games though. He's much better playing at the 5 on the D, however he may not be ready to do that constantly yet. :)
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#90 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:21 am

East
Starters
Irving - Wade - James - Anthony - porzingis
Reserves
Walker - Thomas - Butler - DeRozan - Giannis - Love - Drummond (who gets in over Whiteside due to team record)

West
Starters
Curry - Westbrook - Durant - Leonard - Davis

Reserves
Paul - Harden - Hayward - Lillard - Green - Griffin - Cousins/Gasol

I'd be shocked if that list wasn't 21 or 22 of the 24 (if injuries don't happen).
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#91 » by jackwindham » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:32 am

Lopez was definitely a good front court partner for Porzingis. The veteran was willing to do all of the dirty work so that the rookie can look good. Hard to put a value on that.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#92 » by rzzzzz » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:14 pm

he's got a lot to learn and he's still on minutes restriction, but Embiid's stats are ridiculous. Sixers go from 30th best defense to #2 when he's on the floor. and his 3 pt percentage...? pure phemon! hard to leave him off.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#93 » by zippy » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:03 pm

EAST
Irving/Derozan/James/George/Anthony
Reserves: Lowry/Love/Butler/Drummond/Antentakoumpo/Wade/Prozingis/Walker

West
Curry/Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Davis
Reserves: Leonard/Paul/Griffin/Lillard/Griffin/Towns/Cousins/Hayward
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#94 » by NYKHardKnock » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:05 pm

zippy wrote:EAST
Reserves: Lowry/Love/Butler/Drummond/Antentakoumpo/Towns/Prozingis/Walker

West
Reserves: Leonard/Paul/Griffin/Lillard/Griffin/Green/Cousins/Hayward
towns is in the west!
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#95 » by zippy » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:13 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
zippy wrote:EAST
Reserves: Lowry/Love/Butler/Drummond/Antentakoumpo/Towns/Prozingis/Walker

West
Reserves: Leonard/Paul/Griffin/Lillard/Griffin/Green/Cousins/Hayward
towns is in the west!

I've always had an issue with Minnesota being considered a "western city". :lol:

Return to The General Board