Zach LaVine Humiliates Alex Len

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Re: Zach LaVine Humiliates Alex Len 

Post#41 » by SelfishPlayer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:20 pm

But Zach LaVine never should have left UCLA early! He's not supposed to do that! He wasn't even a starter in college!

I love his maturation.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#42 » by mixerball » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Not enough body contact to be up there with the best dunk ons and Lavine didn't actually touch the rim, he almost threw it through.

Still nice but yeah.

watch it again. clearly touches rim.
smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Post#43 » by smallgains » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:49 pm

It's more humiliating as a defensive player to run out of the lane and give a free pass.
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,945

Post#44 » by EH15 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:54 am

Greek wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
FlashFlare wrote:lmao where've you been the last 2 years

Lavine is mixed...

Ah i didnt knew, i just saw his color and it was my 1st thought

What are your thoughts on Klay Thompson. Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon, and Tyler Johnson?
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#45 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:49 am

EH15 wrote:
Greek wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:Lavine is mixed...

What are your thoughts on Klay Thompson. Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon, and Tyler Johnson?

Wait Tyler Johnson? Really ? He's one of the whitest looking dudes I seen if he's mixed then I'm shocked too.

The other 3 guys is pretty obvious they aren't
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,021

Post#46 » by SerialChiller » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:09 am

Dunks like this are the most exciting part of the game, and that was awesome. But i hate how people rag on someone for trying to defend instead of getting out of the way. Anyways, whenever I hear Alex Len this moment comes to mind now lol...

SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#47 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:31 am

GimmeDat wrote:LaVine has always had elite hops but because of his frame he's always been more of an open lane or transition dunker - I think this is the first time I've seen him full on yam on someone. Great to see.

Was thinking the exact same thing
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Re: RE: Re: Zach LaVine Humiliates Alex Len 

Post#48 » by Greek » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
EH15 wrote:
Greek wrote:

Wait Tyler Johnson? Really ? He's one of the whitest looking dudes I seen if he's mixed then I'm shocked too.

The other 3 guys is pretty obvious they aren't

Well on my small island they are people with much darker skin than them and they are European, nobody is calling them black.

I don't want to get in to racial thing I am not a racist or anything, my judgment is based on the standards that I have on the place that I live.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using RealGM mobile app
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#49 » by dolphinatik » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm

i remember watching one dunk in college from him, his team was losing and he was getting frustrated. his facial expression changed and he exploded to the rim. I knew right then he would be a high draft pick. I thought geez if he can do that whenever he gets mad ppl better not make him mad.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
WVSArtist
Pro Prospect
And1: 461

Post#50 » by WVSArtist » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Yeah this isn't humiliating at all. Nice Dunk but at the same time I respect Len for giving it all he could there. I'd rather see that then someone step aside.
Thanks you for the memories:
Coach Phil Jackson, Shaquille ONeal, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, Meta World Peace, Trevor Ariza, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Glen Rice, Antawn Jamison, Ronny Turif, Jordan Farmer
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#51 » by 24istheLAW » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Modulate wrote:
ClubLakers KB8 wrote:The funny thing is, people who really appreciate the sport hate the how these are labeled "killing" or "humiliating" those who get dunked on. At least Len tried. This isn't AND1.

Oh, get out of here with this elitist d-baggery. "People who really appreciate the sport". :lol:

Yeah, Len tried...and he got rocked. Sick dunk by LaVine.

Elitist or not, I think we're in the sort of basketball culture that discourages contesting shots for a fear of getting posterized. I don't care who got dunked on/ankles broken, it should just be a credit to the offensive player.

Giving up a dunk at the rim can be the defender's fault. If they're late to rotate, that's a mistake that cost the team 2 pts. If they simply get beat, well that's on them too.

What makes the notion of a "poster" fundamentally absurd is that it's two points. At the end of the day it's pretty insignificant relative to the totality of the time a player spends on the court. People get annoyed by this subject on real GM just like they'd get annoyed by someone saying Jeff Green is/was a better SF than Luol Deng.

Return to The General Board