Dwight Howard Tries To Fight A Laker Fan

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,143

Re: Dwight Howard Tries To Fight A Laker Fan 

Post#41 » by Risk101 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:35 pm

binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,694

Post#42 » by binjumper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Risk101 wrote:

There you go. All you internet gangstas speaking up on this forum calling him soft. You talk about a person's mother like that famous or not. You better be ready to back that up.
Sting3r
Head Coach
And1: 209

Post#43 » by Sting3r » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:43 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Sting3r wrote:did I miss something?.... the fan didn't say anything too vulgar, at-least from what I heard.
Dwight should expect this trash talk considering the way he left LA. Why is he so sensitive? Should of just let it go cause we know neither side would of done anything.

What exactly did Dwight owe LA after playing through a season injuried and coming off a major injury? Dwight didn't want LA in the first place and he held up for the most part when could of used injuries to take season off (see Steve Nash).

naa your totally right Dwight owed us nothing. But when a major star leaves your team for another team, your still allowed to dislike the player. I disliked Howard before he even came to LA. Him leaving us for another team just made me dislike him even more. I think thats how majority of fans felt.
mhi
Pro Prospect
And1: 138

Post#44 » by mhi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:48 pm

binjumper wrote:There you go. All you internet gangstas speaking up on this forum calling him soft. You talk about a person's mother like that famous or not. You better be ready to back that up.

Seriously. I wonder how many of these "Howard should have tougher skin" commenters have ever had someone call their mother that word in their presence.
Originated from the nethermost, currently however, our entire squadron is now hither.
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#45 » by MrCheerios » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Risk101 wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty douchey.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#46 » by Anti Chalmers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Risk101 wrote:

Fans like these are the worst of the worst and it just shows the type of person they are. Sure you heckle players and give them a hard time but to attack their personal life and family is never acceptable. Of course all the lakers fan in this thread will attack Dwight, I think it's time to move on guys like I did as a Magic fan. Athletes are human too, I'm sure It's easier said than done to ignore every single thing a fan said to you. Let a random person come up to you and say something about you, it would be hard to ignore.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,175

Post#47 » by Impuniti » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:52 pm

In an ideal scenario, all these kinds of hecklers would get their asses beat and sent to the hospital but in a manner where they can't sue the player for money. Then forever mocked in gifs and videos of the beating taking place by their friends and acquaintances constantly reminding them of their tough guy routine. People just take it too and frankly some people just need to get beat sometimes to learn some manners. No reason to call out someone's mother like that. I'm not talking about hecklers in general but people that take it that far like ^ person above.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#48 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:57 pm

so dwight howard has thick skin and fake tough guys because he is standing up to someone talking bad about his mom lol. good dwight for punking that dummy
Raptors til death
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#49 » by jackwindham » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 pm

Talk about his free throw shooting or his constant changing teams, that's fine. That's sports. Talk about his mother in that manner, I don't understand how people can defend that idiot fan for doing that.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,557

Post#50 » by ken6199 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm

I still don't understand why till this day, some people are still calling Dwight 'soft'. You do not have to trust every word Kobe says.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,053

Post#51 » by MrBigShot » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 pm

ken6199 wrote:I still don't understand why till this day, some people are still calling Dwight 'soft'. You do not have to trust every word Kobe says.

I think when people say that they are typically insinuating he is mentally soft.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Anti Chalmers
Analyst

Post#52 » by Anti Chalmers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:32 pm

MrBigShot wrote:
ken6199 wrote:I still don't understand why till this day, some people are still calling Dwight 'soft'. You do not have to trust every word Kobe says.

When people say that they are typically insinuating he is mentally soft.

Yeah I don't think anyone can deny as a basketball player, Dwight is as tough as they come. Doesn't flop and plays very physical. Mentally I admit he's one of the softest.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst

Post#53 » by Anti Chalmers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 pm

mhi wrote:
binjumper wrote:There you go. All you internet gangstas speaking up on this forum calling him soft. You talk about a person's mother like that famous or not. You better be ready to back that up.

Seriously. I wonder how many of these "Howard should have tougher skin" commenters have ever had someone call their mother that word in their presence.

They would just ignore it because they're not mentally soft /sarcasm

Seriously though, these guys would be butt hurt if someone was to say something about their mom over the internet not to mention in person
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#54 » by Lawyershawn » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:12 pm

MrCheerios wrote:
Risk101 wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty douchey.

To protect from misinformation, this was NOT the Laker game, it was Indiana. Lakers played GS on the 23rd.
Lower Cases & Capitals
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#55 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Of course Dwight took the bait. So fragile .... Getting into a fight with dwight of ANY kind would be thats fans biggest pay check.. Dwight should be fined. was the fan drunk probably. Was the fan a idiot yes.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#56 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm

I don't want to defend Howard, I can't stand him for so many reasons BUT I will say. Having been in the Staples Center last week for 3 games and sitting basically courtside for all 3 I heard a lot of things that the players would actually hear. What people yell from the nose bleeds doesn't really matter but if we're talking about what the players hear then I have to say from my limited experience of 3 games the things the LA fans were yelling (both Lakers and Clippers) was ridiculous. Not so much in how insulting it was, but just showed how uneducated they were about the game of basketball.

Obviously I'm not saying all fans are like that, I'm sure a lot of these 'fans' were given their tickets as they spent half the game kissing each others ***** and taking selfies. Some of them didn't even show up till halftime and it was obvious daddy had bought their tickets.

Some of the stupid conversations I heard and things I was asked

"that's Joakim Noah, he's not as good as his brother though" - Clippers fan explaining to his friend while pointing at Robin Lopez during the Bulls vs Clippers game

"why is that guy wearing stockings?" Lakers fan asking her friend about Nikola Mirotic at Lakers vs Bulls game

"why is that guy standing up? He's blocking my view" Lakers fan referring to Fred Hoiberg

Derrick Fisher walked past and not a single fan sitting baseline courtside seemed to recognise him

Lakers vs Thunder this guy sitting next to me was yelling "give it to Mozgov" on every single possession he was in the game, then explaining to his girlfriend how Mozgov was their best player and how the offense should run through him. Any time a player missed a shot he would somehow find a way to whinge that it should have gone to Mozgov. He was dead serious

"Is that Shaq?" Lakers fan to her friend about Randle

I won't write the stuff they were yelling at Westbrook, I will say though he was really encouraging it. I filmed him going off at a fan courtside. There was some old guy wearing ridiculous clothes and with these really hot younger women, don't know who he was but saw him at 2 games in the same seat courtside near the opponents bench on the baseline. He didn't seem energetic enough to be able to yell anything out so it could have been the guy next to him that was taunting Russell but Westbrook was pissed off at what he was saying

** Edit - Google search tells me that guy is Jimmy Goldstein
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,682

Post#57 » by Nate505 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:46 pm

I have no idea why professional athletes pay any attention whatsoever to morons in the stands. They are paid millions partially to ignore them.
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#58 » by BramptonYute » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:04 am

Dwight Howard knew damn he wasnt gonna fight :lol:
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#59 » by jackwindham » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:12 am

While it's true that NBA players are usually paid millions of dollars, it is hard to not be human at times. Sometimes, you get upset with things going on during the games or in your personal life. Someone calling your mom a whore is going to set you off in those instances. I still believe there should be a line where fans should not cross. People wouldn't excuse someone talking about a player with an autistic child, would they?
nesta
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#60 » by nesta » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:21 am

dockingsched wrote:Lol asking a fan to "come down here and say it" as if that's actually going to be allowed to happen. What a fragile fake tough guy.

Well if the fan said it to his face up front, then that could be considered assault and that fan could be banned from the stadium.

Return to The General Board