If Lebron stayed in Cleveland

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Re: If Lebron stayed in Cleveland 

Post#41 » by jackwindham » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:08 am

It always amuses me when people are so adamant about "What if?" scenarios. We really don't know everything that would have transpired. Cavaliers would have found the "missing ingredient" somehow and James could have won NBA Championships. It's not impossible.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#42 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:37 am

I'll also add lebron is one missed Kyrie 3 pointer from not winning last year's finals. Yes he got the block but had Kyrie missed that 3 pointer . They're would be no championship in CLE right now.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,688

Post#43 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Dec 1, 2016 9:21 am

spacemonkey wrote:I love Johnny Firpo, but this post made me laugh more than any other RGM post in a long while.

Thanks for the love, haha. I thought he had four. Maybe I already know how the season will end. ;) :) (hope not though, no offense Lebron)
Lambosrock
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#44 » by Lambosrock » Thu Dec 1, 2016 12:38 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:I'll also add lebron is one missed Kyrie 3 pointer from not winning last year's finals. Yes he got the block but had Kyrie missed that 3 pointer . They're would be no championship in CLE right now.

Do you people read your own comments before posting? What kind of a stupid rationale is that "if x missed the shot then blahblahblah" I haven't seen any comments saying "Had Jordan missed the last shot he wouldnt have 6 rings" not to mention that even if kyrie misses the shot there's no guarantee the warriors win the game. Jeez
wallsfamily
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#45 » by wallsfamily » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:05 pm

I actually think Byron Scott with the potential 2011 Cavs could have pulled it off. Coaching matters.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#46 » by Mr Loggins » Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:20 pm

Assuming bosh followed LeBron to Cleveland, cavs would have had a decent chance at a title.
jackwindham
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by jackwindham » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:09 pm

Not sure that is absolutely true. Wade might have played an important part in getting Bosh to sacrifice his stats for James in Miami. If that were the case, then things might not have turned out as well in Cleveland without that buffer.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#48 » by perempe20 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:18 pm

lhe Cavs team LeBron left was weak. Mo was the 2nd best player followed by the aging Jamison and Shaq.

he had to leave and come back after talent was drafted.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#49 » by LivingLegend » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:54 pm

shanghaifanzi wrote:lebron would have won it in 2007 if proper coach are there to coach him not mike "iso lebron offense" brown, so basicly lebron need a good coach who can challenge him in every aspect not just bow down everytime to his wishes and let lebron go whatever he want

Dude, the 2007 Cavs that LeBron drug to the NBA Finals past the Billups/Hamilton/Sheed/Prince/Ben led pistons was:

PG- Boobie Gibson
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron James
PF- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

BN- Eric Snow
BN- Donyell Marshall
BN- Anderson Varajao
BN- Ira Newble
BN- Scott Pollard

Lets all take a step back and look at that for a moment....

There is no chance on this earth with better coaching they should have beat prime Pop/Duncan/Manu/Parker. They won the championship that year--their championship win was against that unreal 5 all stars Pistons team.
jswede
Sixth Man
And1: 1,840

Post#50 » by jswede » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:08 am

perempe20 wrote:lhe Cavs team LeBron left was weak. Mo was the 2nd best player followed by the aging Jamison and Shaq.

he had to leave and come back after talent was drafted.

Shaq and his 12/6.7 retired. Jamison played 38 games. The only 2 players that played 65 or more games were 22yr old JJ Hickson and 35yr old Anthony Parker. Mo was traded for Baron Davis and neither averaged over 14/gm.

19-63 they were. From 61-21 the year previous. That alone makes LBJ an all time great. 42 effing games difference.
jackwindham
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by jackwindham » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:09 am

That back court definitely needed an upgrade.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#52 » by RCM88x » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:09 am

LivingLegend wrote:
shanghaifanzi wrote:lebron would have won it in 2007 if proper coach are there to coach him not mike "iso lebron offense" brown, so basicly lebron need a good coach who can challenge him in every aspect not just bow down everytime to his wishes and let lebron go whatever he want

Dude, the 2007 Cavs that LeBron drug to the NBA Finals past the Billups/Hamilton/Sheed/Prince/Ben led pistons was:

PG- Boobie Gibson
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron James
PF- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

BN- Eric Snow
BN- Donyell Marshall
BN- Anderson Varajao
BN- Ira Newble
BN- Scott Pollard

There is no chance on this earth with better coaching they should have beat prime Pop/Duncan/Manu/Parker. They won the championship that year--their championship win was against that unreal 5 all stars Pistons team.

Without Lebron, that team might win 12 games, and that is a big might. No one here expected it, it was truly a team that played out of their mind and Lebron had a few of the best games of all time to get the Cavs in that Finals. I'll admit they had a relatively easy road to the ECF, but 0 people expected them to win or even be competitive in that series.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
jswede
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by jswede » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:17 am

LivingLegend wrote:

PG- Boobie Gibson
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron James
PF- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

BN- Eric Snow
BN- Donyell Marshall
BN- Anderson Varajao
BN- Ira Newble
BN- Scott Pollard

Your are omitting the 2nd best player on that team.... 14yr career and 9.7 VORP, -0.3 BPM...... Laaaaaaaaaaarry Huuuuuuuuuuu-ghes!!!
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#54 » by LakersLegacy » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:45 am

LeBron could have got Bosh to join the Cavs. Wade could have got another big to come join

It would have been a historic level of competition for 'dynamic duos!'

LeBron + Bosh
Kobe + Pau
Melo + Amare
Pierce + KG (KG and Duncan are better I'm just putting big men on the right)
Parker + Duncan
Westbrook + Durant
CP3 + Blake
Kidd + Dirk
Wade + ? So many good big men to chose from. Miami had the assets and cap space.

The NBA would have been so fun with many competitive teams. I think LeBron would have won at age 30 at his peak. It would have meant more if he never left to form one of the most talented teams in NBA history. But he got what he wanted out of it.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#55 » by Young_Star11 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:03 am

No title.

The Cleveland front office did a poor job with surrounding him with the talent to win.

He left in 2010, they had to rebuild through the Draft (even then it was some more dud picks that kept them bad enough to get so many first overall picks in a short space of time) and get pieces of value.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#56 » by LivingLegend » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:05 am

RCM88x wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

PG- Boobie Gibson
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron James
PF- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

BN- Eric Snow
BN- Donyell Marshall
BN- Anderson Varajao
BN- Ira Newble
BN- Scott Pollard

Without Lebron, that team might win 12 games, and that is a big might. No one here expected it, it was truly a team that played out of their mind and Lebron had a few of the best games of all time to get the Cavs in that Finals. I'll admit they had a relatively easy road to the ECF, but 0 people expected them to win or even be competitive in that series.

Most unforgettable night of me being a basketball fan (besides our championship)

Absolutely insane. People need to remember how good and career type plays LeBron made PRE-MIAMI. Most fans on this board think LeBrons career started in MIA and completely disregard or forget all of his moments in his first Cavs stint.

jswede
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by jswede » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:34 am

Young_Star11 wrote:No title.

The Cleveland front office did a poor job with surrounding him with the talent to win.

He left in 2010, they had to rebuild through the Draft (even then it was some more dud picks that kept them bad enough to get so many first overall picks in a short space of time) and get pieces of value.

What? What "dud picks"? The only pick they had inside top 25 after 2004 was JJ Hickson and he was absolutely average for his draft position.

They were "bad" and lucky enough to get 2 #1 picks after LBJ - the third was LAC's #1 they made a masterful trade for. And as far as assets accumulated, that was big time FO moves, including taking Miami to the woodshed, not so much from losing. I'll list it if you like.
jswede
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by jswede » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:39 am

LivingLegend wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

PG- Boobie Gibson
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron James
PF- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

BN- Eric Snow
BN- Donyell Marshall
BN- Anderson Varajao
BN- Ira Newble
BN- Scott Pollard

Most unforgettable night of me being a basketball fan (besides our championship)

Absolutely insane. People need to remember how good and career type plays LeBron made PRE-MIAMI. Most fans on this board think LeBrons career started in MIA and completely disregard or forget all of his moments in his first Cavs stint.

Watching those vids, I had forgot he was really the PG for those teams.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#59 » by Wolfy1983 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 2:12 am

He'd have zero rings. They got some of their pieces through the lottery which would have never happened had he stayed.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Post#60 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Dec 3, 2016 4:33 am

Danny Ferry would still be GM and Lebron would be RINGLESS!
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.

Return to The General Board