Bad Body Language Alert: Paul George

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Re: Bad Body Language Alert: Paul George 

Post#41 » by TheOGJabroni » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:37 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
Chinook wrote:I think it's pretty clear PG isn't worth three top picks. If he were, the Pacers would be a much better team.

This is where I'm at. I have a hard time parting with Brown & this year's pick, as we know BK is going to net us something really high in a loaded draft; who knows in 2018 what it will be.

As MU said, teams have to overpay for stars. When the playoffs roll around, you will want PG on your team, just ask Raptors fans.

Also, can Boston afford to wait for the pick to become the player they need him to be to challenge for the conference? Maybe they can, but its certainly a lot more risky. With PG you know what you are getting and it would make ya'll a real contender this year.

I doubt the Pacers trade PG anyway, but if they do, there is no way they would take less than Brown and this years Brooklyn pick.

Yeah I hear ya. I don't think its an unreasonable request but it may be one of those deals both teams just aren't inclined to do.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,249

Post#42 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Might as well bump this since the season just came to an end.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#43 » by guille_4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 am

Anyone else happy Myles Turner finished the game with 20 points and 9 rebounds (8-10 shooting, +8 in the game) and Paul George went 5-21 for 15 points (-6 in the game) after George called him out? A 21 yo sophomere....smh
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#44 » by Spintown » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 am

otwok wrote:Trade him to Chicago.

Rondo, McDermott, and Niko plus some picks for George. Yes.

With Butler and Paul on the perimeter. Yikes. Offensively would be a terrible fit but would be fun to watch them lock down the perimeter.

:crazy:
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#45 » by zronv7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:39 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
P.S. Avery Bradley's gonna leave Boston as well in 2018.

yes because op is a psychic
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 am

ITT, the bar has been set that George is a superstar because he outplayed Demar Derozan and beat the Raptors in the playoffs. :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
youOK
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#47 » by youOK » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:ITT, the bar has been set that George is a superstar because he outplayed Demar Derozan and beat the Raptors in the playoffs. :lol:

Or because he consistently performs at a very high level in the playoffs? George had a bad last game but he was far from the reason the Pacers couldn't beat the Cavs.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,084

Post#48 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 am

PG is great player. He had a good series. I'd gladly trade Kyrie or Love for him. People have lost their minds.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#49 » by Upperclass » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:02 am

Honestly.. George couldve made this a series by himself.. if he felt like it wouldve been worth it to lock inon that level. He mailed it in emotionally.. and still played lights out. The guy is a top talent, but his time is done in IND imo and i dont think there is any convincing him otherwise
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Re: RE: Re: Bad Body Language Alert: Paul George 

Post#50 » by RamonSessions7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:04 am

jbk1234 wrote:PG is great player. He had a good series. I'd gladly trade Kyrie or Love for him. People have lost their minds.

Naw. He's a primmadona. I'd trade for him as the Lakers but only at a blatant discount because he called out his subpar teammates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,084

Re: RE: Re: Bad Body Language Alert: Paul George 

Post#51 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:10 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:PG is great player. He had a good series. I'd gladly trade Kyrie or Love for him. People have lost their minds.

Naw. He's a primmadona. I'd trade for him as the Lakers but only at a blatant discount because he called out his subpar teammates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

I hope 30 teams take that approach and Bird calls the Cavs.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:13 am

amk233 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:ITT, the bar has been set that George is a superstar because he outplayed Demar Derozan and beat the Raptors in the playoffs. :lol:

Or because he consistently performs at a very high level in the playoffs? George had a bad last game but he was far from the reason the Pacers couldn't beat the Cavs.

I mean. If you say so. He mostly just plays a lot more minutes, and scores at the same rate or worse than his normal self.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#53 » by JordansBulls » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 am

The best place for him now is Boston.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#54 » by Upperclass » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 am

I can see Cleveland offering Love for him and a pick or something. But I dont think George would want to play under LeBron.. even for a season or two
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#55 » by mtron929 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 am

guille_4 wrote:Anyone else happy Myles Turner finished the game with 20 points and 9 rebounds (8-10 shooting, +8 in the game) and Paul George went 5-21 for 15 points (-6 in the game) after George called him out? A 21 yo sophomere....smh

I kind of give him a pass for game 4. When you are down 3-0 in the series to the defending champion as a 7th seed, it's pretty much over.
youOK
Pro Prospect

Post#56 » by youOK » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
amk233 wrote:

I mean. If you say so. He mostly just plays a lot more minutes, and scores at the same rate or worse than his normal self.

I mean he just averaged 28/9/7 against the Cavs. What is your definition of a superstar then? How much more of a load do you expect one player to carry?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 am

amk233 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
amk233 wrote:

I mean he just averaged 28/9/7 against the Cavs. What is your definition of a superstar then? How much more of a load do you expect one player to carry?

Yea, that was a good series, on a ton of minutes, while getting swept. It was high level all star level, and it wasn't exactly his normal series, considering he shot way above anything sustainable longterm from 3. Wasn't enough to go toe to toe with the actual superstars in the league though either.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,135

Post#58 » by Froob » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Might as well bump this since the season just came to an end.

Lol clicked on it thinking it was a new thread, was going to say no **** Sherlock. Looks like you called it.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
youOK
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by youOK » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
amk233 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Yea, that was a good series, on a ton of minutes, while getting swept. It was high level all star level, and it wasn't exactly his normal series, considering he shot way above anything sustainable longterm from 3. Wasn't enough to go toe to toe with the actual superstars in the league though either.

They got swept but lost by a total of 16 points. It was a competitive series and them getting swept reflects more on the team then his individual play. He got trapped and doubled on nearly every possession. He put up close to similar numbers against the Raptors as well. I just don't know who you consider superstars then. Westbrook is shooting 35% from the floor this series. Is he a superstar? Harden just went 5/16. What about him?

Unless you consider the only superstars Lebron/Durant his performance is easily comparable to most of the top players in the league.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#60 » by jonjames » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:54 am

Upperclass wrote:Honestly.. George couldve made this a series by himself.. if he felt like it wouldve been worth it to lock inon that level. He mailed it in emotionally.. and still played lights out. The guy is a top talent, but his time is done in IND imo and i dont think there is any convincing him otherwise

Top talent and the highest PER he ever put up is 20 in the regular season? Yea no. Paul George is a good player but he's an absolute fail as a 1st option. His ideal role is the 2nd option to an actual superstar.

Return to The General Board