2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT

Moderators: KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, magnumt, BombsquadSammy, Tarik Black, Slava, CoreyGallagher, ken6199, Rhettmatic, Yuri Vaultin, Mr. E, bwgood77, DayofMourning, Dirk Nowitzki

Game of the Night

WAS at IND
11
50%
BOS at CHI
11
50%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
Posts: 1,282
And1: 2,220
Joined: Oct 29, 2013
 

2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#1 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Image
Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image BOSTON CELTICS  at  CHICAGO BULLS Image
8PM EST | Image
Location: United Center
Celtics: 37-19 | #2 in East
Bulls: 27-29 | #7 in East
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image | NBA.com | Image | ESPN.com/NBA | Image | TNT Overtime
Read on Twitter
User avatar
+2number4+
Junior
Posts: 265
And1: 103
Joined: Jun 10, 2014
Location: Mobile
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#2 » by +2number4+ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 am

This bench of the Wizards... :nonono:
Paul George of Indiana Pacers...
Image
User avatar
Illmatic12
Head Coach
Posts: 6,214
And1: 4,231
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#3 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:14 am

:lol: @ Indy fans chanting "overrated" at John Wall .. their guy George might be the most overrated star in the league today
User avatar
Prez
RealGM
Posts: 11,031
And1: 11,123
Joined: Jan 26, 2015
Location: #FireKidd
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#4 » by Prez » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 am

Illmatic12 wrote::lol: @ Indy fans chanting "overrated" at John Wall .. their guy George might be the most overrated star in the league today
lmao again? I think it might just be a Pacer fan thing, they did the same thing to Giannis a few days ago until he dunked from like a foot inside the FT line and they got real quiet :lol:
User avatar
Illmatic12
Head Coach
Posts: 6,214
And1: 4,231
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#5 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:31 am

Milbuck wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote::lol: @ Indy fans chanting "overrated" at John Wall .. their guy George might be the most overrated star in the league today
lmao again? I think it might just be a Pacer fan thing, they did the same thing to Giannis a few days ago until he dunked from like a foot inside the FT line and they got real quiet :lol:

Lool, at least they're trying? Yeah that dunk was friggin nasty from Gianniis
reload141
Veteran
Posts: 2,707
And1: 1,990
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
       

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#6 » by reload141 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:40 am

6th game in 9 days for Boston with each of the games being in a different city.
User avatar
+2number4+
Junior
Posts: 265
And1: 103
Joined: Jun 10, 2014
Location: Mobile
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#7 » by +2number4+ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 am

Are Wall and George best buddies?
I can't sense any shred of animosity between these two.
Paul George of Indiana Pacers...
Image
reload141
Veteran
Posts: 2,707
And1: 1,990
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
       

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#8 » by reload141 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:48 am

Does MCW cry after every single call on him? Every time I watch him it's never a foul according to him.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,156
And1: 4,930
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#9 » by magnumt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:07 am

reload141 wrote:Does MCW cry after every single call on him? Every time I watch him it's never a foul according to him.


You must described the ENTIRE NBA! :lol:

--Mags ;)
      #JoshJackson2Knicks
          :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
DTP
Starter
Posts: 2,059
And1: 1,282
Joined: May 04, 2006
Location: New Jersey
     

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#10 » by DTP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 am

Dont know if Pacers are that bad or Wizards are that good. Wizards look legit tonight.
jangles86
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,671
And1: 504
Joined: Jun 02, 2011
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#11 » by jangles86 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 am

Wizards are very good
User avatar
relinquishy
Senior
Posts: 614
And1: 181
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Location: Baltimore
       

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#12 » by relinquishy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 am

+2number4+ wrote:Are Wall and George best buddies?
I can't sense any shred of animosity between these two.


yeah they are good friends
User avatar
Illmatic12
Head Coach
Posts: 6,214
And1: 4,231
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#13 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 am

DTP wrote:Dont know if Pacers are that bad or Wizards are that good. Wizards look legit tonight.

Wizards 18-5 since Jan 1 and just won their 5th straight road game . So yeah.. pretty good

Need to make a deal at the deadline though, hopefully some move(s) to acquire more bench scoring.
reload141
Veteran
Posts: 2,707
And1: 1,990
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
       

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#14 » by reload141 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:34 am

magnumt wrote:
reload141 wrote:Does MCW cry after every single call on him? Every time I watch him it's never a foul according to him.


You must described the ENTIRE NBA! :lol:

--Mags ;)


By whole NBA you mean Boston right?
DTP
Starter
Posts: 2,059
And1: 1,282
Joined: May 04, 2006
Location: New Jersey
     

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#15 » by DTP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:35 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
DTP wrote:Dont know if Pacers are that bad or Wizards are that good. Wizards look legit tonight.

Wizards 18-5 since Jan 1 and just won their 5th straight road game . So yeah.. pretty good

Need to make a deal at the deadline though, hopefully some move(s) to acquire more bench scoring.


Just read an article suggesting Nickelson and House to Atlanta for Sefolosha and Mike Scott. Something like that would actually be really nice for Washington. DJ Augustin as a backup for Wall would be nice too.
User avatar
Illmatic12
Head Coach
Posts: 6,214
And1: 4,231
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#16 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:38 am

Yeah I'd like DJ Augustin but.. that contract tho (4/28)

The ideal target would be someone like Will Barton, but if he's not attainable it looks like Lou Williams may be on the block. I'm worried the Pistons may outbid us for him actually, I feel like SVG may make a move for shooting/scoring to help you guys down the stretch.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,156
And1: 4,930
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#17 » by magnumt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:41 am

reload141 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
reload141 wrote:Does MCW cry after every single call on him? Every time I watch him it's never a foul according to him.


You must described the ENTIRE NBA! :lol:

--Mags ;)


By whole NBA you mean Boston right?


:lol: Have you SEEN Melo or Demarcus after a foul? :D Or my fav, Noah's "well done refs" sarcastic clap. :P

--Mags
      #JoshJackson2Knicks
          :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
DTP
Starter
Posts: 2,059
And1: 1,282
Joined: May 04, 2006
Location: New Jersey
     

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#18 » by DTP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 am

Illmatic12 wrote:Yeah I'd like DJ Augustin but.. that contract tho (4/28)

The ideal target would be someone like Will Barton, but if he's not attainable it looks like Lou Williams may be on the block. I'm worried the Pistons may outbid us for him actually, I feel like SVG may make a move for shooting/scoring to help you guys down the stretch.


Not sure what we have to offer outside of Baynes. As much as I like Williams, not sure if I'd consider him worth giving up a first round pick for. Especially not a 2017 first rounder.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 41,652
And1: 2,548
Joined: Aug 23, 2002
     

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#19 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:01 am

Why is Thomas allowed to put both hands on the man he's defending? That's an automatic foul
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Tigersrule
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,855
And1: 896
Joined: Apr 04, 2016
   

Re: 2/16 | Thursday Game Thread | NBA on TNT 

Post#20 » by Tigersrule » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:04 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Why is Thomas allowed to put both hands on the man he's defending? That's an automatic foul

lol you should know the answer to that..same reason he gets all the "soft" foul calls on the offensive end

Return to The General Board