NAME THAT PLAYER?

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Mr. E, bwgood77, DayofMourning, Dirk Nowitzki, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, BombsquadSammy, Tarik Black, Slava, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199, Rhettmatic

Xherdan 23
Junior
Posts: 470
And1: 351
Joined: Apr 07, 2016
   

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#81 » by Xherdan 23 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:13 am

magnumt wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
magnumt wrote:
You're heading in the right direction, but draft position is MUCH too low.

I know if I mention position it'll give it away right away that's why I haven't.

--Mags

Marvin williams


Nope. He didn't win the NCAA tourney (tho he did lead them to the Sweet 16), he won his Conference Champion. Was REALLY, REALLY hyped because of it but REALLY busted out in the NBA. :(

--Mags


Wait, I need some clarification. How much of a bust are we talking? I was thinking in the area of Thabeet/Anthony Bennet, people who are not in the league or completely irrelevant.
Marvin Williams has been in the league for over 10 years as an average/slightly below average starter, not exactly what I had in mind.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,739
And1: 5,528
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#82 » by magnumt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:14 am

Xherdan 23 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Marvin williams


Nope. He didn't win the NCAA tourney (tho he did lead them to the Sweet 16), he won his Conference Champion. Was REALLY, REALLY hyped because of it but REALLY busted out in the NBA. :(

--Mags


Wait, I need some clarification. How much of a bust are we talking? I was thinking in the area of Thabeet/Anthony Bennet, people who are not in the league or completely irrelevant.
Marvin Williams has been in the league for over 10 years as an average/slightly below average starter, not exactly what I had in mind.


Super bust.

--Mags
      Ntilikina 2 Porzingis: The Euro Connection!
        :beer: :beer: :beer:
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 22,473
And1: 1,231
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 2x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
     

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#83 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:16 am

JohnWillow wrote:
and1GS wrote:These two eastern european homeboyz were photographed getting blowies from a classy harlot.


Biedrins and Nedovic? :rofl:


You're half right! Not Nedovic though.
shazam_guy wrote:Everything is bad. I don't know why I get out of bed. And on top of it all, my prostate left me for another man.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Xherdan 23
Junior
Posts: 470
And1: 351
Joined: Apr 07, 2016
   

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#84 » by Xherdan 23 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:22 am

magnumt wrote:
Xherdan 23 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Nope. He didn't win the NCAA tourney (tho he did lead them to the Sweet 16), he won his Conference Champion. Was REALLY, REALLY hyped because of it but REALLY busted out in the NBA. :(

--Mags


Wait, I need some clarification. How much of a bust are we talking? I was thinking in the area of Thabeet/Anthony Bennet, people who are not in the league or completely irrelevant.
Marvin Williams has been in the league for over 10 years as an average/slightly below average starter, not exactly what I had in mind.


Super bust.

--Mags


YUCK!
I forgot Thomas Robinson even existed.
Repressed memories FTW.
SkyHookFTW
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,471
And1: 630
Joined: Jul 26, 2014
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#85 » by SkyHookFTW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:55 am

This player was called the "miracle baby" because his mother had seven miscarriages before he was born.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,739
And1: 5,528
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#86 » by magnumt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Xherdan 23 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Xherdan 23 wrote:
Wait, I need some clarification. How much of a bust are we talking? I was thinking in the area of Thabeet/Anthony Bennet, people who are not in the league or completely irrelevant.
Marvin Williams has been in the league for over 10 years as an average/slightly below average starter, not exactly what I had in mind.


Super bust.

--Mags


YUCK!
I forgot Thomas Robinson even existed.
Repressed memories FTW.


Nope.

No one can get it so far. :D

--Mags :beer:
      Ntilikina 2 Porzingis: The Euro Connection!
        :beer: :beer: :beer:
User avatar
Based Schroeder
Head Coach
Posts: 6,442
And1: 1,297
Joined: Jan 20, 2012
Location: San Diego
   

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#87 » by Based Schroeder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 pm

magnumt wrote:College champion turned bust. This player never panned out in the NBA. Drafted in the last 25 years to help you narrow it down. :P

--Mags

joe alexander
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,739
And1: 5,528
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#88 » by magnumt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Nope.

I'm tempted to give the answer. :lol:

--Mags
      Ntilikina 2 Porzingis: The Euro Connection!
        :beer: :beer: :beer:
User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 5,218
And1: 9,702
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: The Rainbow's End
     

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#89 » by BombsquadSammy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm

magnumt wrote:Nope.

I'm tempted to give the answer. :lol:

--Mags


So his team DIDN'T win the NCAA tourney? I'm confused, because you wrote this:

magnumt wrote:College champion turned bust.


but then wrote this:

magnumt wrote:Nope. He didn't win the NCAA tourney (tho he did lead them to the Sweet 16), he won his Conference Champion.
CONGRATS, GS FANS, ON THE 2017 NBA TITLE!

Anti-LeBron logic: LeBron plays on a superteam with two other all-stars and the league's highest payroll, so he has no excuse not to win, yet if he does win, it's because the league fixed the game.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,739
And1: 5,528
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#90 » by magnumt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
magnumt wrote:Nope.

I'm tempted to give the answer. :lol:

--Mags


So his team DIDN'T win the NCAA tourney? I'm confused, because you wrote this:

magnumt wrote:College champion turned bust.


but then wrote this:

magnumt wrote:Nope. He didn't win the NCAA tourney (tho he did lead them to the Sweet 16), he won his Conference Champion.


Conference championships count too you know. ;) They GET YOU IN the big dance. :D

His conference performance REALLY lead to his Draft hype tho. As I mentioned earlier. :)

--Mags
      Ntilikina 2 Porzingis: The Euro Connection!
        :beer: :beer: :beer:
User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 5,218
And1: 9,702
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: The Rainbow's End
     

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#91 » by BombsquadSammy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Shelden Williams?
CONGRATS, GS FANS, ON THE 2017 NBA TITLE!

Anti-LeBron logic: LeBron plays on a superteam with two other all-stars and the league's highest payroll, so he has no excuse not to win, yet if he does win, it's because the league fixed the game.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 42,760
And1: 25,517
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#92 » by bondom34 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 pm

magnumt wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:
magnumt wrote:Nope.

I'm tempted to give the answer. :lol:

--Mags


So his team DIDN'T win the NCAA tourney? I'm confused, because you wrote this:

magnumt wrote:College champion turned bust.


but then wrote this:

magnumt wrote:Nope. He didn't win the NCAA tourney (tho he did lead them to the Sweet 16), he won his Conference Champion.


Conference championships count too you know. ;) They GET YOU IN the big dance. :D

His conference performance REALLY lead to his Draft hype tho. As I mentioned earlier. :)

--Mags

Adam Morrison?
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,739
And1: 5,528
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#93 » by magnumt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Nope, said earlier The Stache wasn't him.

Hey guys, I had a brain fart (Moonlight/LaLa Land moment :lol: ). He made the Conference Finals but fell in another epic game. The whole Conference run was an epic one tho that did INDEED set his over inflated Draftc stock.

And he busted HARD as a result. To help you narrow it down:

- Conference Finals
- Sweet 16 (NCAA Tourney)
- Busted HARD
- HIGH Lotto pick

Still won't give the position tho. Would instantly name it to easy.

--Mags
      Ntilikina 2 Porzingis: The Euro Connection!
        :beer: :beer: :beer:
User avatar
Based Schroeder
Head Coach
Posts: 6,442
And1: 1,297
Joined: Jan 20, 2012
Location: San Diego
   

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#94 » by Based Schroeder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 pm

jonny flynn?
User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 5,218
And1: 9,702
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: The Rainbow's End
     

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#95 » by BombsquadSammy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Jonny Flynn!

EDIT: Based Schroeder (obviously) beat me to it.
CONGRATS, GS FANS, ON THE 2017 NBA TITLE!

Anti-LeBron logic: LeBron plays on a superteam with two other all-stars and the league's highest payroll, so he has no excuse not to win, yet if he does win, it's because the league fixed the game.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 42,760
And1: 25,517
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#96 » by bondom34 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:14 pm

magnumt wrote:Nope, said earlier The Stache wasn't him.

Hey guys, I had a brain fart (Moonlight/LaLa Land moment :lol: ). He made the Conference Finals but fell in another epic game. The whole Conference run was an epic one tho that did INDEED set his over inflated Draftc stock.

And he busted HARD as a result. To help you narrow it down:

- Conference Finals
- Sweet 16 (NCAA Tourney)
- Busted HARD
- HIGH Lotto pick

Still won't give the position tho. Would instantly name it to easy.

--Mags

Jimmer?
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
Triples333
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 610
Joined: Sep 05, 2016

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#97 » by Triples333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 pm

magnumt wrote:Nope, said earlier The Stache wasn't him.

Hey guys, I had a brain fart (Moonlight/LaLa Land moment :lol: ). He made the Conference Finals but fell in another epic game. The whole Conference run was an epic one tho that did INDEED set his over inflated Draftc stock.

And he busted HARD as a result. To help you narrow it down:

- Conference Finals
- Sweet 16 (NCAA Tourney)
- Busted HARD
- HIGH Lotto pick

Still won't give the position tho. Would instantly name it to easy.

--Mags

Pretty much Derrick Williams story. Difference between I think they went to the elite 8.
User avatar
pelifan
General Manager
Posts: 7,838
And1: 5,642
Joined: Aug 12, 2014
Location: The lone pelican
 

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#98 » by pelifan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 pm

ken6199 wrote:
mastermixer wrote:
ken6199 wrote:A very close coach-player relationship.

The player lost his girlfriend. He went to the coach's place and slept on his couch. Coach pulled a mattress next to him, spent the night sleeping on the floor just to be there for him.

Later on the coach lost his wife through a different tragedy, and the player offered similar support.


Ryan Anderson and Monte Williams?


Yeah a bit too easy I guess. Just thought it's too beautiful of relationship not to be mentiond.


Anderson and Williams are really good people.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,739
And1: 5,528
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#99 » by magnumt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Based Schroeder wrote:jonny flynn?


BombsquadSammy wrote:Jonny Flynn!

EDIT: Based Schroeder (obviously) beat me to it.


:clap: :rockon:

--Mags :beer:
      Ntilikina 2 Porzingis: The Euro Connection!
        :beer: :beer: :beer:
User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 5,218
And1: 9,702
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: The Rainbow's End
     

Re: NAME THAT PLAYER? 

Post#100 » by BombsquadSammy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 pm

magnumt wrote:
Based Schroeder wrote:jonny flynn?


BombsquadSammy wrote:Jonny Flynn!

EDIT: Based Schroeder (obviously) beat me to it.


:clap: :rockon:

--Mags :beer:


What a relief! I was worried that today would go down as an unproductive day for me. I guess I can go ahead and go to sleep now. G'night, all!
CONGRATS, GS FANS, ON THE 2017 NBA TITLE!

Anti-LeBron logic: LeBron plays on a superteam with two other all-stars and the league's highest payroll, so he has no excuse not to win, yet if he does win, it's because the league fixed the game.

Return to The General Board