Assume You're a Free Agent. What City Would You Want to Play In?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

stopstandthere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Re: Assume You're a Free Agent. What City Would You Want to Play In? 

Post#121 » by stopstandthere » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 am

New York. New York.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#122 » by lordjeff05 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:00 pm

It's an interesting question because you could answer it one of two ways. What cities would you, yourself want to live in and what cities do you think player would want to live in.

For me it would be where I live now, New Orleans followed by New York, Oakland, Miami and L.A. That list for players would look similar with the addition of Dallas and Houston.

I'm a little confused by people that are putting Utah, Milwaukee and Minnesota high on their lists. I'm sure quality of life is great in those places but I don't think they offer the same type of stuff that the other cities provide in terms of diversity, night life and/or weather.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#123 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Wouldn't matter to me. I would build a house based on my ideas where I would gladly spend my off days. An infinity pool if it can be done, a movie room, a basketball court, green areas in and outside the house where I can relax, maybe an inside river and an indoor tree! I would probably have an in-house maid and a chef, and at least two corgis. The maid or my super hot girlfriend would take care of them until I'm out sinking shots and winning MVP trophies.

We would go out to eat at restaurants, with the occasional night club visits. I would either drive or Uber everywhere, so cold weather wouldn't really be a problem. Some mild hiking if the weather is not too cold. Yeah, I think that would work in just about any NBA city. Now back to my corgi-less life in my small apartmant, but hey, at least I have a girlfriend with a really, and I mean really nice behind. Thats gotta count for something, right? :D Corgis are doable too, inside river and infinity pool? Yeah, I'm gonna need a bigger budget for those dreams.
sterfry94
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#124 » by sterfry94 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Miami
Orlando
Houston
Dallas
LA
Phoenix
Denver

Not a fan of the cold but the scenery in Denver intrigues me.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,622

Post#125 » by PlatinumState » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Anywhere thats warm year round, preferably Cali or Florida, even Texas. Im not about that "driving through snow wearing winter clothes for 41 home games" type of guy. Also my mood would be better just knowing its not gonna snow or be stupid cold outside.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#126 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Phoenix. Off-season in Seattle or San Diego. :D
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#127 » by 2011Champs » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Probably top cities would be on a max contract:

New York
Boston
Philly
Miami
Los Angeles
San Francisco(GSW)
New Orleans
Chicago

My top cities on a minimum contract:

Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
Orlando
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,913

Post#128 » by mudsak » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:00 pm

#1 - a team that's well run with a positive team culture... (Spurs, Boston, Jazz, Rockets, Dallas, etc...)

#2 - I'd try to pick a situation I felt was a great fit for me personally...a place that can help me thrive with my skills... and also is that team winning.

#3 - Preferred locations... (in no particular order) (basically anywhere in the west that isn't L.A, or Sacramento...would prefer not Houston or Dallas either)...but I would honestly go anywhere and embrace it.
San Francisco
Portland
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
Denver
New Orleans

#4 - I'd embrace any team I had the chance to play for regardless though. NBA players make (Please Use More Appropriate Word) amounts of money to pursue something they're passionate about. I'd embrace it as a privilege regardless of where it is. There are plenty of positive angles living in almost any city in the U.S.
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#129 » by BorkLazer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Based on location only... Boston, New York, Miami, Charlotte

Not really a West Coast guy, and gotta be near the ocean, so that leaves only a few choices
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#130 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Cyrusman122000 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Cyrusman122000 wrote:
I'm from California and I second this!

Do tell, why?

- worst traffic of anywhere in the U.S (specifically LA)
- extremely overpriced
- absurd tax rates (we have some pretty awful people in government)
-Not crazy about the weather (my preference is a true 4 seasons, not 85 degrees in March which we had this past week)
- Lack of nature (Cut down all trees to build houses, shopping centers). Drought doesn't help either. Every time I travel to other states I'm amazed how how green they are compared to California.
- Stuck up women who are full of them selves, and all about their labels (more so Southern Cali girls)

I can hear that. Just know that here in ny there's still snow outside though.

Anyway Im from ny but live in Rockland and believe it or not don't go to nyc all that often. Funny I grew up in nyc but moved upstate and have grown to like a slower tempo. So for me I don't need a big city. I really wonder what is like to live someplace slower, however the one thing I need to see water. I couldn't be land locked

Return to The General Board