If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals

Moderators: GimmeDat, Rhettmatic, KF10, Slava, CoreyGallagher, Yuri Vaultin, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Dirk Nowitzki, Mr. E, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Tarik Black, magnumt

HornetsFan29
Freshman
Posts: 55
And1: 31
Joined: May 24, 2016
       

If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#1 » by HornetsFan29 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:44 pm

lowry has always been overrated by raptor fans and Kemba always outplays him when the hornets/raptors play so I just say if the Raptors had the same team but with Kemba their starting PG They would a sure lock for the nba finals.
User avatar
mihail_petkov
Senior
Posts: 747
And1: 770
Joined: Jun 23, 2011

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#2 » by mihail_petkov » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:lowry has always been overrated from raptor fans and Kemba always outplays him when the hornets/raptors play so I just say if the Raptors had the same team but with Kemba their starting PG They would a sure lock for the nba finals.

Did LeBron retire?
User avatar
jbk1234
RealGM
Posts: 21,291
And1: 9,777
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Force In The Playoffs 

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

A "lock" for the Finals?
Image
User avatar
laploutocratie
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,453
And1: 10,900
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
     

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#5 » by laploutocratie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Image
Image
Peja Stojakovic
Rookie
Posts: 1,138
And1: 1,520
Joined: Nov 17, 2014
 

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#6 » by Peja Stojakovic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 pm

i would complain but kemba always murders the raps
Image
End the Israeli occupation. One secular state for Arabs and Jews alike!
HornetsFan29
Freshman
Posts: 55
And1: 31
Joined: May 24, 2016
       

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#7 » by HornetsFan29 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:48 pm

mihail_petkov wrote:
HornetsFan29 wrote:lowry has always been overrated from raptor fans and Kemba always outplays him when the hornets/raptors play so I just say if the Raptors had the same team but with Kemba their starting PG They would a sure lock for the nba finals.

Did LeBron retire?


Kemba is a huge upgrade over lowry and yes by adding Kemba over him they would really improve and I'm not sure the Cavs could beat them this year I mean the cavs are not looking like world beaters this year.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 52,070
And1: 7,900
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:lowry has always been overrated by raptor fans and Kemba always outplays him when the hornets/raptors play so I just say if the Raptors had the same team but with Kemba their starting PG They would a sure lock for the nba finals.


And here's an example of Walker being grossly overrated by Hornet's fans.

Nice troll though.
I don't want to say we're dysfunctional. But we need to be more functional.
bmurph128
Starter
Posts: 2,033
And1: 1,237
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#10 » by bmurph128 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Lowry is better than Kemba..
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 52,070
And1: 7,900
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm just waiting for somebody to post Walker's entire 2016 playoff stats. Including that 3/16, 9 point clunker in game 7
I don't want to say we're dysfunctional. But we need to be more functional.
Shock Defeat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,445
And1: 6,136
Joined: Aug 30, 2012
       

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#12 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Yep, when people think of franchise players, ones that can propel their teams to championships, they think of Kemba Walker
User avatar
goodboy
RealGM
Posts: 22,709
And1: 66,000
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
 

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#13 » by goodboy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Image
User avatar
Illmatic12
Head Coach
Posts: 6,065
And1: 4,098
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#14 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm

A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 20,054
And1: 9,725
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#15 » by E-Balla » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 pm

The_Hater wrote:I'm just waiting for somebody to post Walker's entire 2016 playoff stats. Including that 3/16, 9 point clunker in game 7

Yeah he sucked every other game against Miami. Couldn't make a single layup. And that's coming from someone that loves Kemba.
E-Balla's Gotham City Pantalones:

PG: 07 Nash/79 Buse
SG: 09 Allen/03 Christie
SF: 11 Deng
PF: 88 McHale/96 Outlaw
C: 77 Walton
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 52,070
And1: 7,900
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.


Walker wouldn't help the Bucks as much as you think. He would take the ball out of Giannis and Middleton's hands while providing far worse defense than Brogdan and Delle. I think Bucks are better with the ball in the hands of those 2 players on offense and having all those long armed defenders who can switch everything in defense.
I don't want to say we're dysfunctional. But we need to be more functional.
User avatar
Clyde Frazier
Mr. Clean Slate
Posts: 7,090
And1: 4,001
Joined: Sep 07, 2010

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#17 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 pm

I like kemba just as much as the next guy, but that’s some weird hyperbole right there…

His performance in last year’s playoffs doesn’t really help your case, either.
User avatar
Illmatic12
Head Coach
Posts: 6,065
And1: 4,098
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#18 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.


Walker wouldn't help the Bucks as much as you think. He would take the ball out of Giannis and Middleton's hands while providing far worse defense than Brogdan and Delle. I think Bucks are better with the ball in the hands of those 2 players on offense and having all those long armed defenders who can switch everything in defense.

Kemba is a lot better than Middleton. He could be a pressure valve for Giannis and make clutch shots down the stretch
Duke4life831
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,821
And1: 4,163
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:19 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.


Walker wouldn't help the Bucks as much as you think. He would take the ball out of Giannis and Middleton's hands while providing far worse defense than Brogdan and Delle. I think Bucks are better with the ball in the hands of those 2 players on offense and having all those long armed defenders who can switch everything in defense.


Yup. Giannis needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. Right now theyre missing Jabari big time. Jabari was able to be a 20 point scorer while mostly playing off the ball with his ability to cut and catch and shoot and those times when Giannis did sit, Jabari could create his own shot as well.
User avatar
SanDavid
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,829
And1: 2,217
Joined: Jan 05, 2013
     

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#20 » by SanDavid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Yes, Kemba Walker is the missing puzzle piece for not only Toronto, but every team in the East.

Nah. Lowry > Kemba.

Return to The General Board