The Warriors are better without KD

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, Tarik Black, Mr. E, bwgood77, Rhettmatic, Duke4life831, KF10, GimmeDat, Knickstape1214, DayofMourning, Capn'O, Dirk, CoreyGallagher, magnumt, ken6199

User avatar
Based Schroeder
Head Coach
Posts: 6,485
And1: 1,336
Joined: Jan 20, 2012
Location: San Diego
   

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#21 » by Based Schroeder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 am

lmao i've seen it all now
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 54,698
And1: 9,775
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#22 » by The_Hater » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 am

rcontador wrote:Every time he sits out they switch back into 2016 Warriors god mode. He comes back and they still win, but it's clunky, and upsets come easier. They'll win the title with or without him, because they have 10x the talent of anybody else... but it's time to call a spade a spade. He makes them worse.


And the winner for worst post in the month of April is.....
I don't want to say we're dysfunctional. But we need to be more functional.
linkz1993
Sophomore
Posts: 177
And1: 72
Joined: Sep 13, 2015
     

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#23 » by linkz1993 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 am

TheBullsDynasty wrote:There's one tiny detail that everyone seems to be forgetting. Thanks to Barnes last year, Cavs were able to put Lebron on Curry on both offense and defense.

Now that they have Durant, Lebron will need to defend Durant instead of Curry because Love and TT won't ve able to defend him for sure.

Pretty much sums it up
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 32,654
And1: 4,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#24 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 am

Let's see......Harrison Barnes....hmmmm........Kevin Durant (hand on chin thinking)....hmmm........I pick Matt Barnes.
Parker Allen football 2015 Clayton Valley High School Freshman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvEd5ZVFRb8
User avatar
Warriors07
Pro Prospect
Posts: 828
And1: 526
Joined: Jan 21, 2015
     

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#25 » by Warriors07 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 am

heck they are better without splash bros, them boys chucking horrible contested deep treys and turning balls over tbh
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 88,150
And1: 32,293
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Bertrob
 

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#26 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

Offensively they seem better without him and have great chemistry which is how they won 73.

But defensive peak is with him sane for playoffs
Image
User avatar
Porz
Sophomore
Posts: 173
And1: 98
Joined: Jan 22, 2016
 

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#27 » by Porz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 am

Durant should come of the bench
Underdog, put that on a t-shirt!
User avatar
durden_tyler
General Manager
Posts: 9,258
And1: 1,397
Joined: Jun 04, 2003
 

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#28 » by durden_tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 am

Against scrub teams like the Trail Blazers they can look good indeed. But if it's against Cavs, Spurs (and maybe Rockets), they need KD.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
User avatar
NBAfan3024
RealGM
Posts: 15,868
And1: 6,695
Joined: May 25, 2013
Location: Leicester, UK
Contact:
   

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#29 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 am

Ummm no...
Feel free to follow me on Twitter- @NBAfan161
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 88,150
And1: 32,293
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Bertrob
 

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#30 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 am

Mylie10 wrote:Let's see......Harrison Barnes....hmmmm........Kevin Durant (hand on chin thinking)....hmmm........I pick Matt Barnes.


Warriors07 wrote:heck they are better without splash bros, them boys chucking horrible contested deep treys and turning balls over tbh



NBAfan3024 wrote:Ummm no...




Do you guys not think youve played better without him this season? Its sure looked like it. Stephs had a bigger offensive role and thats a good thing.

Not saying you are better off without him or would be better without him in the playoffs but seemed like you guys have clicked better without him.
Image
righterwriter
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,341
And1: 801
Joined: Apr 30, 2013

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#31 » by righterwriter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 am

It's a fair point to look at how they've dominated without him this year. I get that completely.

The thing that Durant does on the team is provides some stability to Curry and Draymond. It's a bit strange, but when Curry and Green get on a roll they are somewhat unstoppable due to the high level of emotion, creativity, and momentum that play with. But equally, they can get out of control with the way they play and things can go bad in a hurry. It's part of the reason why the Warriors went up by 16 points in the first quarter last night and then five minutes into the second quarter the game was tied.

With Durant on the court he takes away some of the crazy improvisation of Curry by being a large part of the offense and just calming things down with sensible shots that come at a good time in the shot clock. There are less turnovers, less wild swings, and more stability.

The Warriors are still capable of beating a team by 20+ points with Durant, but I think they are less likely to lose a game because of their emotions getting the best of them.
User avatar
NBAfan3024
RealGM
Posts: 15,868
And1: 6,695
Joined: May 25, 2013
Location: Leicester, UK
Contact:
   

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#32 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 am

Dupp wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Let's see......Harrison Barnes....hmmmm........Kevin Durant (hand on chin thinking)....hmmm........I pick Matt Barnes.


Warriors07 wrote:heck they are better without splash bros, them boys chucking horrible contested deep treys and turning balls over tbh



NBAfan3024 wrote:Ummm no...




Do you guys not think youve played better without him this season? Its sure looked like it. Stephs had a bigger offensive role and thats a good thing.

Not saying you are better off without him or would be better without him in the playoffs but seemed like you guys have clicked better without him.

Well we were what 50-9 when he got hurt or something like that. Sure we didn't miss a beat once we got used To not having him there but we would need him deep in the playoffs from a matchup point of view he spreads the floor and makes us less predictable and harder to,defend without question.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter- @NBAfan161
User avatar
mesomorph
Junior
Posts: 269
And1: 338
Joined: Feb 27, 2015

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#33 » by mesomorph » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 am

rcontador wrote:
xfactor wrote:
rcontador wrote:Every time he sits out they switch back into 2016 Warriors god mode. He comes back and they still win, but it's clunky, and upsets come easier. They'll win the title with or without him, because they have 10x the talent of anybody else... but it's time to call a spade a spade. He makes them worse.


Just a reminder. The 2016 'god mode' Warriors are NOT the champions.


Steph Curry was injured in the 2016 playoffs.


He was injured during playoffs and he was healthy during finals :wink:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,149
And1: 6,052
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#34 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 am

He will be big when GS plays the Spurs. The Spurs start a perimeter of Parker, Green, Kawhi. Without KD they could just put KD on Steph and Green on Klay and just hide Parker on McCaw or Barnes. With KD in the lineup, Kawhi is going to be on KD and that makes life a whole lot easier on Steph and Klay. That means one of Steph or Klay is going to have Tony Parker on them, that will be a huge mismatch. With Steph, Klay and KD out there at the same time, you just cant hide any poor defenders.
baldur
Starter
Posts: 2,320
And1: 1,935
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: melbourne
     

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#35 » by baldur » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 am

mesomorph wrote:
rcontador wrote:
xfactor wrote:
Just a reminder. The 2016 'god mode' Warriors are NOT the champions.


Steph Curry was injured in the 2016 playoffs.


He was injured during playoffs and he was healthy during finals :wink:


cavs fans dont bring up the total absences of kevin love and kyrie irving during 2015 finals as often as warriors fan bring up the unnoticeable impact of curry's injury during the 2016 finals. not to mention curry actually played in the finals.
DROB27
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,457
And1: 1,409
Joined: Jul 05, 2015
   

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#36 » by DROB27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am

its Kerr system , let's give him all the credit
User avatar
NBAfan3024
RealGM
Posts: 15,868
And1: 6,695
Joined: May 25, 2013
Location: Leicester, UK
Contact:
   

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#37 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 am

baldur wrote:
mesomorph wrote:
rcontador wrote:
Steph Curry was injured in the 2016 playoffs.


He was injured during playoffs and he was healthy during finals :wink:


cavs fans dont bring up the total absences of kevin love and kyrie irving during 2015 finals as often as warriors fan bring up the unnoticeable impact of curry's injury during the 2016 finals. not to mention curry actually played in the finals.

Why would they bring it up when they won it all last year? They sure mentioned it more after the 2015 finals and for good reason.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter- @NBAfan161
righterwriter
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,341
And1: 801
Joined: Apr 30, 2013

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#38 » by righterwriter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 am

baldur wrote:
mesomorph wrote:
rcontador wrote:
Steph Curry was injured in the 2016 playoffs.


He was injured during playoffs and he was healthy during finals :wink:


cavs fans dont bring up the total absences of kevin love and kyrie irving during 2015 finals as often as warriors fan bring up the unnoticeable impact of curry's injury during the 2016 finals. not to mention curry actually played in the finals.


Golden State had a hell of a road through the playoffs last year, too. Facing Houston, Portland, and OKC, before the Finals is a heck of a lot more difficult than facing Detroit, Atlanta, and Toronto.

That's not Cleveland's fault, as they took advantage of circumstance the best they could, but I believe if you had to pick one team to win with both healthy and well rested, nearly everyone would pick Golden State.
dynamic duo
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,476
And1: 2,429
Joined: May 01, 2013

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#39 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am

kd will get his role player worthy ring with or without him playing so it's all good, that's what he wanted, a cheap ring
User avatar
DK-All Day
Head Coach
Posts: 7,460
And1: 5,218
Joined: Oct 12, 2013
       

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#40 » by DK-All Day » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am

TheBullsDynasty wrote:There's one tiny detail that everyone seems to be forgetting. Thanks to Barnes last year, Cavs were able to put Lebron on Curry on both offense and defense.

Now that they have Durant, Lebron will need to defend Durant instead of Curry because Love and TT won't ve able to defend him for sure.


Cavs are royally screwed in June.
Handsome.

Return to The General Board