ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | BOS 4-2

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Series Prediction

Celtics in 6
30%
Celtics in 7
23%
Bulls in 4
14%
Bulls in 5
7%
Bulls in 6
16%
Bulls in 7
9%

Total votes: 152

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | TIED 2-2 

Post#701 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm

9Rodman1 wrote:Lol why did I get banned for my previous post? A Celtic fan probably reported me. Never seen a fanbase with more crybabies

reported!!!!

ha ha just kidding ;)
Sign here
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#702 » by London2Boston » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Isaiah Thomas after big night vs. Bulls: "Not one man can guard me"

Out comes the cocky little prick again...Only took him 4 games to start acting like this again and easy to act like this now without Rondo on the court... One of the reasons I dislike him

I pray to the basketball gods that somehow someway we win the next 2 games

Dear lord..

Butler was talking about how he could guard him all game no issues. It's what athletes say or think, they all have to be extremely confident and borderline arrogant.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#703 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Am really amazed that the Cs won this one going 10-27 from 3. Of note the rebounding numbers were very close. Cs need exceptional effort on the boards.
Sign here
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#704 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:04 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Is Cameron Payne as bad as MCW? I think MCW being in the D-League would be a compliment to him because he's awful.

He has been worse. OK not worse, that is not possible. I will rephrase. Like MCW, Cameron Payne has been a player that destroys his team when he is on the court. If Cameron Payne were the Dream Team's point guard, you should bet on Lithuania.
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#705 » by reggielewis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:02 pm

I was Rondo's biggest fan and was sad when Boston traded him and think he is still an really good point guard in the right system. That being said, the Celtics would have also made adjustments to defend him and keep him out of the paint which is where he dominates the game. Also, when IT played for Sac I remember being so frustrated with Rondo because IT would often blow by him or out play him and I was so annoyed bc Rondo was an elite defender at that time. The point is, we will never know how things would have shaped up with Rondo playing game 4 or 5, but I do know, from being a diehard Celtics fan, that Rondo can dominate a couple of games where he is controlling pace and running the offense, however, if your stars are not hitting shots or dominating as well, he can only get you so far. This series is about JB and what he can do as the star of his team. If he plays well and drops 40 plus and plays like the star he is, the Bulls have a batter chance than if Rondo is playing or not. That's was great players do. It is so funny to me how many ppl think Rondo was/is un-guardable now but when he was wearing green he was the most overrated point guard in the league in the opinion of most fans.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#706 » by Ctownbulls » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Fred Hoiberg was a big reason why the Bulls lost. He was atrocious.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#707 » by KingDavid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:07 pm

9Rodman1 wrote:Lol why did I get banned for my previous post? A Celtic fan probably reported me. Never seen a fanbase with more crybabies

Pm the mod that banned you.

"Never seen a fanbase with more crybabies".

Do not post with the purposeful intent of coercing some form of response from other users. Do not make posts deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other users in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Do not make gratuitous generalizations about fanbases that only end up riling up other users.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1533796

Anywell, I love how this series is playing out, but it SUCKS that Rondo got hurt. Players getting under each other's skins, irate fanbases. The problem some are ignoring is the change made in game 3. Boston went smaller to put Lopez in high pick and rolls to keep him out of the paint. Idk if rondo helps defending that action. Because that is torching the bulls right now.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#708 » by Ctownbulls » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:45 pm

JXL wrote:So about Hoiberg not being an idiot coach... can that be taken back?

Um no, did you watch the game last night?
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#709 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Tensions are high...Sorry for my rants last night

But when you have to see MCW and Grant play life just sucks lol

With that said Fred just needs to not play them..One needs to ride the bench. The other should not see more than 10 mins if that.

Only quarter we lost yesterday was the 1st and it was when those 2 bums played
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#710 » by Vlade Divac » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm

What IT is doing going to the rim and scoring or getting fouled is hard to explain and defies logic and physics, but somehow he is doing it consistently. I don't like his personality, but oh man, oh man. He is unstoppable. Kudos to him!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Re: RE: Re: ECQF: P2 | (1) Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls (8) | TIED 2-2 

Post#711 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:22 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
Wizards need to focus on beating Atlanta after taking a big beating last night. Washington isn't good enough to sweep any playoff team not named Toronto

If we get to Washington(series ain't over by a long shot)- I'll gladly take them over any other team. We have had theirs and Miami's number for 2-3 years now and Wizards' personnel hasn't changed.

Playoffs is a lot different than the regular season. And not sure how Boston has had the Wizards number. The two teams played each other even this season.

The 2 times you beat us we weren't healthy. Both times we beat you you had all your players. I just like the matchup. I actually think the Hawks would be favorites against us. We have the perimeter defenders(Smart, Bradley, Jae) to stop you 2 aces- Wall and Beal. Actually Bradley absolutely outplayed Beal last time we played you. I'm very comfortable with this matchup.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#712 » by Asif16 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I thought Demarre Carrol was the worst NBA player curently in the playoffs but I think MCW takes the cake
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#713 » by cl2117 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:19 pm

A large portion of last night's game was virtually unwatchable for me. The foul calls that IT, Wade and Butler were getting at times were atrocious.

The play where IT jacked up a 3 when he was working around a screen knowing that the ref would see Canaan's hands on him and give him a cheap trip to the line made my stomach turn. I don't care if it's for my own team that shouldn't be called. Then like 2 possessions later, D-Wade is driving across the paint and initiates the slightest of contact with Olynyk and lands an and-1. There were at least 4 or 5 ticky tack calls in the first half alone for BOTH teams that just made me want to change the channel. I thought the refs were supposed to let things slide in the playoffs?

The game of basketball was never meant to be played at the free throw line.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#714 » by cool007 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 pm

If I was picking a team on the street, I still wouldn't pick MCW to play on my team. That's how bad he is. Yet, coach Hoiberg can't see that. MCW had maybe handful of games out of ENTIRE SEASON where he had maybe good games but somehow coach (why do I say coach? He can't coach at all) Hoiberg keeps playing him.

Bulls have some better options and better shooters but Hoiberg refuses to play them - guys like Valentine and Morrow. Both play with pace, run the floor well and sure provide energy - along with Cannan.

Also why is he playing that mental midget Mirotic that much over Portis (not that he is great but still way better than Mirotic). Why couldn't we put shooters around Butler and go small to speed up when we were getting down and had no energy?

This is why Players win the games but coaches can lose the games/series for you. Prime example is Horrible Hoiberg.
casketball
Senior
And1: 405

Post#715 » by casketball » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Bulls are wasting Jimmy Butlers career. He will look great winning chips in Boston.

At Bulls fans in this thread. This is a very tight series. Why are you guys hating?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#716 » by Sebastian » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Bulls would have won in 5 or maybe 6 with Rondo. His impact is easy to see when he's gone. Celtics initiate their offense much more easily now, and the Bulls initiate theirs with greater difficulty. On top of that, Hoiberg's inexplicable rotations certainly have proven how important coaching can be in this league. Joffrey and MCW getting the minutes they did is just nonsensical. And playing small against a team that has one of the best small-ball rosters in the league was a bizarre decision.

I think the Bulls will get one big Wade game over the next two and win that one, but other than a Celtics meltdown or Butler having the best games of his life this week, I can't imagine how they can win the series. Always sucks when injuries determine a series, and it seems like it's been happening a lot over the last 5 or 6 years.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#717 » by Vlade Divac » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Bulls just don't deserve to win this series! I mean I would like Celtics to lose and be first #1 to be eliminated in first round in a while, but I don't understand Bulls to be so weak that you cannot find anything to take one frickin game out of when you were so lucky to take first two. Too bad they took a place from Miami, because they don't deserve to be in playoffs.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#718 » by Jordan45822 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Something has to go very wrong for Boston not to win this series now. Bulls look completely finished right now from being drained and an awful PG rotation without Rondo. I am not holding my breath on the Bulls pulling this one out.

If they advance it will be interesting how Boston will fare against Washington or Atlanta.
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#719 » by Sebastian » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Canaan to start game 5, Rondo's cast is off. I imagine he'll try to play if it goes 7.
cmd1985
Senior
And1: 35

Post#720 » by cmd1985 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:18 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Isaiah Thomas after big night vs. Bulls: "Not one man can guard me"

Out comes the cocky little prick again...Only took him 4 games to start acting like this again and easy to act like this now without Rondo on the court... One of the reasons I dislike him

I pray to the basketball gods that somehow someway we win the next 2 games

"Prick" A player can't act confident huh? Do you not remember Jimmy Butler and his mentality after game 3 loss? He was plenty confident just like all other stars are. You really take some things too far bruh like I even see you And 1 someone questioning IT if he is a superstar on his sister's death thread. You are terrible

First off hes been like this ALL SEASON and I been saying this all season about him before this series. So yes hes a cocky little prick who hasn't won anything...And he'll find out soon enough who can stop him

And for bolded part what in the world are you even talking about??? Because that is some false accusations there SMH. I'd love for you to prove these false claims. But what does his sister death have to do with what I feel about him as a player anyway? Why do you and boston fans in general even have to bring that into the discussion. If anything that is sad that you guys have to keep mentioning that.

If you take out the "little" the same thing applies to the guy in your avi.

Return to The General Board