Sign of the Apocalypse? I actually agree w Steven A. on KD

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Re: Sign of the Apocalypse? I actually agree w Steven A. on KD 

Post#41 » by Ganji » Sun May 21, 2017 7:18 pm

J Shuttlesworth wrote:I think SAS is spot on when he says this about KD:

"You might win a ring, but you're not a champion"

What gives SAS authority to make that claim? I would get if Shaq or one of the retired greats would say that, SAS just takes provocative positions, so pll would pay attention to him. Then he will go and rant about racism in pro sports, and yet before that, he was complaining about free choice the other black dude made.
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#42 » by J Shuttlesworth » Sun May 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Ganji wrote:

What gives SAS authority to make that claim? I would get if Shaq or one of the retired greats would say that, SAS just takes provocative positions, so pll would pay attention to him. Then he will go and rant about racism in pro sports, and yet before that, he was complaining about free choice the other black dude made.

You don't need authority to have an opinion. It just happens that I agree with his opinion.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,396

Post#43 » by nbafan38 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Warchant wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:
Warchant wrote:Mayb Love shuldnt have signed an extension w the Cavs and joined Bost....its total BS that KD keeps getting all the wrath of people cause he became a FA and joined whatever team he wanted as it was his option...DeRozan shuldnt have stayed w Tor and joined SA...we can go on and on bout different situations

If people can't see the very clear differences between KD joining the warriors and Love staying with the cavaliers than I don't know what to say anymore

Nope, I dont see a difference

KD has been considered the 2nd best player in the NBA by many. KD was playing with Russel Freaken Westbrook and was in the WCF 4 out of past 6 years. Kevin Love was maybe at his height considered a top 15 player and had no other stars in Minnesota and wasn't even sniffing the playoffs.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,338

Post#44 » by Patches Perry » Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

:lol:

I love this narrative lol.....if the Warriors are fortunate enough to win, of course he is a champion. It doesn't matter to him what a bunch of troglodytes think about him. He'll actually be able to wear a championship ring. If.

There is actually objective content to being a champion and it's winning a championship. So yes, SAS is an idiot.

To be fair, Adam Morrison was on a championship team, and I'm guessing "champion" isn't the first thing you think of with him. The point is not that KD is like Morrison, but that "champion" in this context is not a literal term. It's more of a sign of respect. KD will get his respect from some, but a lot of SAS types will need to see more from KD to earn their respect.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,718

Post#45 » by Yoshun » Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 am

Are people still talking about this?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#46 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 27, 2017 1:39 am

spacemonkey wrote:Let's agree to disagree and/or agree, and pass over whatever it is you're having, 'cause I want some.

To be honest, it's not the best time to be at the computer when your brain is **** up. :D
Bye bye Beal.
ProfessorJM
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#47 » by ProfessorJM » Sat May 27, 2017 1:56 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
76ciology wrote:Four horsemen = Klay, Durant, Draymond & Curry.

HOW CAN YOU GUYS NOT SEE IT?!!

We're so screwed.

Hmm, I'll go with this for now:

Famime = Klay
War = Draymond
Conquest (Pestilence) = KD
Death = Curry
CoffeeCakez
Senior
And1: 567

Post#48 » by CoffeeCakez » Sat May 27, 2017 1:56 am

Yeah Stephen sure knows all about what its like to be a champion

:lol: :lol:
Don't let the media fool you that 'Lebron is clutch', truth is here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1651289&start=80#start_here
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#49 » by gino_giode » Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 am

If they win overwhelmingly, he's Adam Morrison chilling on the plane
RealGM

Post#50 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 27, 2017 3:30 am

Hey guys I'm going to make a True Confession.

For years I struggled with bipolar disorder

Then because I'm so special I also added something called schizoaffective disorder

This week in Hawaii that air has been really jacked up I think because of volcanic eruptions.

As a result any of you with allergies will know what it feels like to just be full of phlegm

I've had like bronchitis to the nth degree all week long. My head is so stopped up that those days that I posted really crazy stuff it was like my thoughts were just merging together

On top of that I've got a lot of ice by type stuff going on in my life that you guys wouldn't believe and I'm not even going to talk about it here. Eye eye spy Spy... I'm talking to a voice translator and that's why some of the s*** isn't coming out right.... There was a TV show called I Spy....

No I'm not in the CIA or anything like that

But just so you guys don't think I am completely crazy... If you watch the movie snatched... I am the guy in the white pants in the blue shirt that kind of strolls through the lobby...

So God is blessing me in spite of a whole lot of odds against me...

Out

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#51 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 27, 2017 3:32 am

In the original post I have no clue of what I was really trying to say other than I think KD is going to leave Golden State sooner than later and that he will eventually put on a Wizards uniform

Bye bye Beal.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#52 » by Spens1 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:51 am

Warchant wrote:If KD didnt go to GS who do they sign? Its still doesnt make the East any different...an embarrassment

going to disagree, if he went to Boston or Washington, either team would pose an immediate threat to the Cav's.

Boston would have had a balanced roster to go around him. They have IT, Horford, Bradley etc.

Washington has Wall and Beal as well as solid bigs. That supporting cast is probably better than his supporting cast in OKC. Not to mention they just hired his old coach in Scott Brooks.

A KD led Boston or Washington would be at least competitive against Cavs
Seralin
Sixth Man
And1: 274

Post#53 » by Seralin » Sat May 27, 2017 6:05 am

Warchant wrote:If KD didnt go to GS who do they sign? Its still doesnt make the East any different...an embarrassment

Just because West has one more team than East that can be considered as a contender, does not make East an embarrassment. If we go with results, both conferences are full of embarrassments. Rockets was as crappy as the Celtics, and Jazz and Clippers were as crappy as the Raptors and Wizards, etc. Pacers put more fight than Portland would ever dream of.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#54 » by turk3d » Sat May 27, 2017 6:17 am

Lebron ruined the league when he jumped from team to team and put together his super teams sp he can chase rings. What else was the rest of the league to do but follow suit. Seems like his whole agenda is to pass Jordan on the goat list. Maybe if he had stayed with the Cavs and one a few instead of the roundabout way he' gone about it, I'd consider that more of any achievement. Getting Wade and Bosh and now having Kyrie and Love, dude shouldn't be complaining.

Don't tell me that if he had the opportunity, he wouldn't bring KD over to the Cavs. If you want to be honest about it, teams have been putting "superteams" together for decades and in the process snagging other teams best players when they become free agents. This is nothing new really, although many seem to want to make it seem that way.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Seralin
Sixth Man
And1: 274

Post#55 » by Seralin » Sat May 27, 2017 6:20 am

Ganji wrote:

KD does not make things easy on him with his senseless ramblings (Russ's crazy ways have probably masked KD's idiocy). Most recently, intentionally or unintentionally throwing **** on anyone that hasn't ever won a ring. KD is the ultimate ring chaser, joining the best team in the league for the sole purpose of winning a ring without going through any pain, and will never be passed in that regard, and people don't forget these kind of things.

It will also make people look at Lebron's decision in a much much better light. Both of his decisions to join failing teams to make them win.

turk3d wrote:Don't tell me that if he had the opportunity, he wouldn't bring KD over to the Cavs. If you want to be honest about it, teams have been putting "superteams" together for decades and in the process snagging other teams best players when they become free agents. This is nothing new really, although many seem to want to make it seem that way.

You probably never got the meaning of strive for greatness.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#56 » by BayArea408415 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 am

nbafan38 wrote:The point being that if KD was still in OKC there is a good chance that it would be Thunder-Warriors round 2 right now which would be an epic WCF rematch followed by either Thunder-Cavaliers or Warriors-Cavaliers trilogy. The fact that KD switched from OKC to GS made it so GS only had one team in the WC that can challenge them (spurs) and even that team would be a significant underdog.

A secondary point is if KD had come east and joined say Boston or Washington, you'd have a legitimate challenged to Cleveland in the ECF. So either if KD had stayed in OKC or come east, it makes the league more interesting, KD going to GS is bad for the league.

KD and the Warriors have zero obligation to keep the West competitive or keep its parity. Why should he have had to play 2 potential 60 win contender teams in the Spurs/Warriors (if he stays at OKC) to reach the Finals while LeBron toys with the East? To satisfy NBA fans with a better WC playoffs? It's absolutely insane that fans are crying about his decision because they prefer it if he has to beat the Spurs, Warriors and Cavs to win a ring. Depending on seeding, it's conceivable that Durant (if he stayed at OKC) would have to face a team like the Rockets, Clippers or Jazz in the 1st round too. It would arguably be the most difficult path to win a ring in league history. Rockets/Clippers/Jazz + Spurs + Warriors + Cavs

The East has been ruined for years. Now, people finally get to see it in the West too.

Also, why would KD leave OKC or turn down the Warriors for Washington? Both are better than Washington. He would have had WB/Horford/Adams in OKC & Curry/Klay/Green in GS. Washington already has bad depth and it would be even more crippled if he joined and they wanted to keep Wall/Beal/Gortat/Morris. I assume they would have to let Otto go.

At the end of the day, Durant would have a better chance at beating LeBron and the Cavs with OKC/Warriors than with the Wizards. So he has no reason to go to the Eastern Conference either.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#57 » by michaelm » Sat May 27, 2017 10:21 am

Seralin wrote:
Ganji wrote:

KD does not make things easy on him with his senseless ramblings (Russ's crazy ways have probably masked KD's idiocy). Most recently, intentionally or unintentionally throwing **** on anyone that hasn't ever won a ring. KD is the ultimate ring chaser, joining the best team in the league for the sole purpose of winning a ring without going through any pain, and will never be passed in that regard, and people don't forget these kind of things.

It will also make people look at Lebron's decision in a much much better light. Both of his decisions to join failing teams to make them win.

turk3d wrote:Don't tell me that if he had the opportunity, he wouldn't bring KD over to the Cavs. If you want to be honest about it, teams have been putting "superteams" together for decades and in the process snagging other teams best players when they become free agents. This is nothing new really, although many seem to want to make it seem that way.

You probably never got the meaning of strive for greatness.

9 years, 8 years in OKC, playing for a franchise which wasn't in that city when they drafted him, playing with Russell Westbrook as his point guard, losing to a previous LeBron superteam the only time he did make the finals with OKC, after which OKC promptly dispensed with the unquestioned best 6th man in the NBA for financial gain, and suffering a career threatening injury a couple of seasons ago which was quite likely mismanaged is no pain?
michaelm
RealGM

Post#58 » by michaelm » Sat May 27, 2017 10:24 am

In reply to the OP if he/she was not being facetious, if you entirely agree with SAS the possibilty that you and he are incorrect should probably come into consideration.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#59 » by michaelm » Sat May 27, 2017 10:43 am

nbafan38 wrote:
Warchant wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:
If people can't see the very clear differences between KD joining the warriors and Love staying with the cavaliers than I don't know what to say anymore

Nope, I dont see a difference

KD has been considered the 2nd best player in the NBA by many. KD was playing with Russel Freaken Westbrook and was in the WCF 4 out of past 6 years. Kevin Love was maybe at his height considered a top 15 player and had no other stars in Minnesota and wasn't even sniffing the playoffs.

I actually agree with you, although probably from a different perspective. He made the WCF 4 out of the last 6 years playing with Russell Freakin' Westbrook? Remarkable.

He/Westbrook/OKC also didn't win many of them, and were promptly defeated by the first LeBron superteam in the finals on the occasion they did win.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#60 » by michaelm » Sat May 27, 2017 10:45 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Hey guys I'm going to make a True Confession.

For years I struggled with bipolar disorder

Then because I'm so special I also added something called schizoaffective disorder

This week in Hawaii that air has been really jacked up I think because of volcanic eruptions.

As a result any of you with allergies will know what it feels like to just be full of phlegm

I've had like bronchitis to the nth degree all week long. My head is so stopped up that those days that I posted really crazy stuff it was like my thoughts were just merging together

On top of that I've got a lot of ice by type stuff going on in my life that you guys wouldn't believe and I'm not even going to talk about it here. Eye eye spy Spy... I'm talking to a voice translator and that's why some of the s*** isn't coming out right.... There was a TV show called I Spy....

No I'm not in the CIA or anything like that

But just so you guys don't think I am completely crazy... If you watch the movie snatched... I am the guy in the white pants in the blue shirt that kind of strolls through the lobby...

So God is blessing me in spite of a whole lot of odds against me...

Out

All very well, but what are Stephen A. Smith's excuses?

Return to The General Board