Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Re: Paul George tells the Pacers he's leaving next season, wants to go to L.A. 

Post#841 » by -Spyda- » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

JC + young + 28 pick
____
PG13

Done
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,310

Re: What do the Cavs give up for PG13? 

Post#842 » by Froob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Effigy wrote:
RipCityManiac wrote:
Effigy wrote:

Or Lebron? Lol.

If you can get PG for Love, you take that and run.

Even PG on a 1 year rental is worth it. Who knows, maybe he decides to stay with a contender after a year

Yeah. It's interesting though. If they trade Love for pg, and pg leaves, I think Lebron is definitely gone. So this trade could actually increase the chance of Lebron leaving next year.

One year at a time, I think they def have to make this trade if they can. Have to go all in every year you are lucky enough to have him.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Veyron
Senior
And1: 509

Post#843 » by Veyron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm

No point in getting PG', nothing will change. Wont be able to come close GSW anyway.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#844 » by CelticsLV » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Better or not but George currently doesn't have the same value as Love. Pacers would be really lucky to get Love because he's still really great PF locked on a great contract. At least Love wouldn't be viewed as 1 year rental by other teams and Pacers could get some really good assets.

Pacers: Love, Shumpert, Frye

Cavaliers: George, T. Young, Ellis

Young is very versatile forward and playable against Warriors unlike Frye. Ellis fills 6th man and secondary ball handler role.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#845 » by MUpacersSIC » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:17 pm

RCM88x wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
RCM88x wrote:If its a one year rental, they don't have to give up anyone in the big 3.

Frye/Shumpert or JR would probably be the starting point, then Cedi + picks or just picks.

That is much better than letting him walk for nothing. And if its only a one year rental, I don't see any team other than Cleveland really be willing to make an offer... unless a team believes he can be persuaded to sign an extension.

This "he's leaving in 2018 for LAL" stuff puts the Cavs in an infinitely better position than they were a few hours ago and really eliminates a lot of teams who we though might be in play.

Hmm. Looks like he's a Cav. Hard to turn down that type of haul .

That is better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

If someone offers you something for an asset that you will 100% lose after a certain period of time, you take that offer 100% of the time. Otherwise, you get nothing and look like a fool.

No, trash is not better than nothing. There will be much better offers than this. Stop

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#846 » by PKABOOICU » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:18 pm

OdomFan wrote:Surely another Free Agent will be interested if LA can get PG without giving anyone up.

To me, this is the only enticing thing to bring PG to LA.
PG to LA only makes sense if its followed up by not 1, but 2 allstars; just to put up a fight against the Warriors. Those 2 all-stars would need to be on the talent level of someone like Jimmy Butler, Chris Paul, and Demarcus Cousins.

PG to LA followed by Gordon Hayward and Kevin Love wont cut it, especially if it means giving up all of the young Lakers assets and still losing in the 2nd round.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#847 » by Froob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:19 pm

CelticsLV wrote:Better or not but George currently doesn't have the same value as Love. Pacers would be really lucky to get Love because he's still really great PF locked on a great contract. At least Love wouldn't be viewed as 1 year rental by other teams and they could get some really good assets.

Young is very versatile forward and playable against Warriors unlike Frye. Ellis fills 6th man and secondary ball handler role.

Love is only signed for two years. So still not great. He has a third year on PO and his knees are a concern. I do like the thought of trading for Frye and Shump and taking a huge haul of unprotected picks hoping that LeBron bails. Kyrie can leave in 2019, start getting the picks in 2020. Something like a first in 2020, swap in 2021, first in 2022 and first in 2024.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#848 » by John Murdoch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:20 pm

So happy we got our stud finally!
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#849 » by John Murdoch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:23 pm

-LBJ- wrote:JC + young + 28 pick
____
PG13

Done

Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
CelticsLV
Head Coach

Post#850 » by CelticsLV » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Froob wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:Better or not but George currently doesn't have the same value as Love. Pacers would be really lucky to get Love because he's still really great PF locked on a great contract. At least Love wouldn't be viewed as 1 year rental by other teams and they could get some really good assets.

Love is only signed for two years. So still not great. He has a third year on PO and his knees are a concern. I do like the thought of trading for Frye and Shump and taking a huge haul of unprotected picks hoping that LeBron bails. Kyrie can leave in 2019, start getting the picks in 2020. Something like a first in 2020, swap in 2021, first in 2022 and first in 2024.

As far as i know 2 > 1. Besides George is the one who is open to leaving in free agency for the Lakers. If you clearly don't see a value difference here then i can't help you.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#851 » by Froob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm

CelticsLV wrote:
Froob wrote:

As far as i know 2 > 1. Besides George is the one who is open to leave in free agency for the Lakers. If you clearly don't see a value difference here then i can't help you.

Oh it definitively is, but it's not likely he's signed up for a very long time. He very well may bail on the Pacers in two years. I'd be very happy to get Love and perhaps flip him elsewhere if I'm the Pacers. They will be bad next year, so they won't have a lot of time to get their act together if they do intend to keep Love long term.

RIP The_Hater
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#852 » by SFrush » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Cavs definitely need a third team.
CelticsLV
Head Coach

Post#853 » by CelticsLV » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Froob wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:
Froob wrote:Love is only signed for two years. So still not great. He has a third year on PO and his knees are a concern. I do like the thought of trading for Frye and Shump and taking a huge haul of unprotected picks hoping that LeBron bails. Kyrie can leave in 2019, start getting the picks in 2020. Something like a first in 2020, swap in 2021, first in 2022 and first in 2024.

As far as i know 2 > 1. Besides George is the one who is open to leave in free agency for the Lakers. If you clearly don't see a value difference here then i can't help you.

Oh it definitively is, but it's not likely he's signed up for a very long time. He very well may bail on the Pacers in two years. I'd be very happy to get Love and perhaps flip him elsewhere if I'm the Pacers.

Did you actually read my post? I said Pacers then flip Love for assets. Currently you could get more for Love than George.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#854 » by RCM88x » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:34 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
Hmm. Looks like he's a Cav. Hard to turn down that type of haul .

That is better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

If someone offers you something for an asset that you will 100% lose after a certain period of time, you take that offer 100% of the time. Otherwise, you get nothing and look like a fool.

No, trash is not better than nothing. There will be much better offers than this. Stop

And if that's the case then the Cavs don't make a deal.

But I do believe that a 2021 1st round pick + filler players or a 2022 first round pick + filler players is better than nothing. Wouldn't you agree?

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
demcanes26
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#855 » by demcanes26 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
demcanes26 wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
Ya or what take Randle smh they can just make it a 3 way with another team wanting Love. Example Dallas and the 9 pick or charlotte with 11/Frank the Tank

Why would the Hornets trade the 11th pick and Frank the Tank, when they already have 38 million tied into Zeller, Williams and Plumlee?

Cause all them combined isn't close to Love talent and Jordan isn't gonna tank

I hate to bust your bubble, but Love isn't moving the needle bruh. They are not about to tie up 60 million dollar in their 4 and 5, when they have to give Kemba Walker a new contract in two years. You really think Jordan is going to pay a Big 3 of Love, Walker and Batum 79 million?
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#856 » by Froob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:37 pm

CelticsLV wrote:
Froob wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:

Oh it definitively is, but it's not likely he's signed up for a very long time. He very well may bail on the Pacers in two years. I'd be very happy to get Love and perhaps flip him elsewhere if I'm the Pacers.

Did you actually read my post? I said Pacers then flip Love for assets. Currently you could get more for Love than George.

My bad, must have missed it. Yeah I agree, you should get more for Love for sure.

RIP The_Hater
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,749

Post#857 » by ___Rand___ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Man if PG goes to Cavs I'm quitting watching NBA as a sport. FU Stein and Silver. Just call NBA for what it is. A freakin basketball exhibition. Not competition.

FAKE SPORT.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#858 » by 12footrim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm

tundraknight wrote:
alienpick wrote:Preferably not giving up Love

PG13 >>> Love

Not when the Cavs accept the risk of a one year rental and Love is on contract for 2 to 3 years not one. Love is a much better player when he's more of the focal point of an offense than a 3rd wheel. I also think PG is overatted. His RPM and PER aren't even that great. He certainly fits what the cavs need more but in a vacum he's not that much better if at all, and he's not under contract for as long. It's a completely fair trade that the cavs might actually be giving up more value and taking on more risk that he might walk.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Disabled Sports
Junior
And1: 711

Post#859 » by Disabled Sports » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Paul George won't make the Cavs substantially better because Lebron needs the paint to be relatively empty to showcase his passing and ability to get to the basket. As a result George will stand behind the three point line as a spot up shooter during many possessions. Due to this, the Cavs would be better off trying to acquire 3&D guys like Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley or Tony Snell 

Read on Twitter
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#860 » by OdomFan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm

I don't think George would want to play with Lebron anyway.

Return to The General Board