Who will Boogie Cousins team up with in 2018? (Poll)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Which team/superstar will attract Cousins to sign in 2018?

Pelicans (Anthony Davis)
39%
Spurs (Kawhi Leonard)
14%
Lakers (Paul George)
47%

Total votes: 131

G35
RealGM
And1: 7,720

Re: Who will Boogie Cousins team up with in 2018? (Poll) 

Post#41 » by G35 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:22 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
Augusto61 wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
No, actually in the summer of 2012 Dwight Howard demanded a trade and was sent to the Lakers to start a super team with Nash and Kobe.

Sry for bursting your fantasy bubble about players in 2012 looking to rise up!!

I said superstars.

20/15 on 60% shooting and being a constant DPOY winner or candidate before being traded wasn't superstar level? He might have fallen, doesn't take away from the fact that he was clearly a max superstar level player.

It is these type comments that make threads like the one about Kyrie Irving and whether he is a superstar (or just regular star....or just a good player) based on stats. Just because a player puts up great numbers doesn't make him a star. Kevin Love was a "superstar" in 2013...now he can't even be on the floor vs the Warriors.

A superstar plays like a superstar in all situations. There are very few of those in the NBA...it is limited to KD and Lebron, with Curry and Kawhi on the fringes of that. Everyone else is not a superstar, I don't care what numbers they are putting up......
I'm so tired of the typical......
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#42 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Smirk wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
Lakerfan17 wrote:Premature thread.

We have to see how next season goes in NO.

Well I included the Pels as an option, if you think they'll do enough to convince him to stay (I don't)

The only thing we have to do to convince him to stay is offer him money.

He lost 50 million getting traded from the Kings. He was willing to stay with the kings, an awful situation, for money.

He stands to lose EVEN MORE money by leaving the Pelicans. He's not leaving barring an absolute trainwreck.

He's from the general area, we can offer him more than anyone after already losing a bunch of money, and he and AD are extremely tight.

Dream on people.

But if Cousins went to a destination like the Lakers he'd stand to make a LOT more $$$ in endorsements, just by nature of playing in LA.

If it's the Spurs, then no state income tax which is a financial advantage as well. Plus he'll be playing with players + coaches who have won before and can elevate his game.

Idk, I think with the possibility of the supermax off the table for Cousins, the difference in money becomes a bit more negligible when you consider all the other factors in play. The Pelicans can't offer him anywhere near that extra $50 mil, they can give him the standard hometown bonus of an extra year and slightly higher raises - that's it.
ajdontwatchthat
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,496

Post#43 » by ajdontwatchthat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Augusto61 wrote:Damn. Sad to see what the NBA has become. 5 years ago we would be asking which was superstar was going to rise and take his team far into the playoffs, now we just ask which superstars are teaming up with each other.

Blame Lebron and more recently, Katie(KD)
ajdontwatchthat wrote:So were Horry and Rick Fox more productive than a young Kobe judging off PER?

Pennebaker wrote:Yes, absolutely. Young Kobe was not a great player.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#44 » by KingFox » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:34 pm

If he's smart, he'll go to the spurs. Talk about an image overhaul
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#45 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:47 pm

George hasn't even left Indy and we're doing this already?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Post#46 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:28 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in DC. The issue is I highly doubt they would trade Porter for him b/c the goal is to win a championship and you'd want to keep as many of your core guys as possible. The only way I can see Porter going to New Orleans is if Oubre steps up big time.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#47 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:45 pm

I'm surprised so many people have the Lakers as a destination. Cousins to me seem that he's definitely about the money, but at the same time would be leave a chance to play with the best big man in the league? Let's see how the Pelicans do first, I don't see how they're not a playoff team.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#48 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:22 am

G35 wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
Augusto61 wrote:I said superstars.

20/15 on 60% shooting and being a constant DPOY winner or candidate before being traded wasn't superstar level? He might have fallen, doesn't take away from the fact that he was clearly a max superstar level player.

It is these type comments that make threads like the one about Kyrie Irving and whether he is a superstar (or just regular star....or just a good player) based on stats. Just because a player puts up great numbers doesn't make him a star. Kevin Love was a "superstar" in 2013...now he can't even be on the floor vs the Warriors.

A superstar plays like a superstar in all situations. There are very few of those in the NBA...it is limited to KD and Lebron, with Curry and Kawhi on the fringes of that. Everyone else is not a superstar, I don't care what numbers they are putting up......

I like how you totally bring down my comment using analytics and throw in vague reasoning. A superstar plays like a superstar :-?
Donald Trump is an idiot.

Return to The General Board