Let's be serious, Bulls organitzation only cares about money

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,948

Re: Let's be serious, Bulls organitzation only cares about money 

Post#41 » by Axl Rose » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 pm

jptremblay wrote:Easily, because he was eligible for a supermax contract, something that doesn't affect their cap, but it does on Jerry Reinsdorf bill.

The supermax is basically the "Godfather Offer" Its a last ditch effort to keep a player who is already willing to leave a sizable amount of money on the table. Most likely Jimmy would have taken the regular max deal. if not then i'd let him walk.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,196

Post#42 » by antonac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:27 pm

but I thought it was bad to value winning over making money?

that's what you've all been saying about Durant for 12 months.

bulls fans should be proud you're doing it right, staying irrelavant making those $$$.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#43 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm

CarMalone wrote:Lavine is up for a (potentially big) contract extension. I wonder if the Bulls will offer him one.

I'll give you a second rounder for Lavine and 3.5m cash.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#44 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 am

jptremblay wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
jptremblay wrote:Do you really think the Wade's signing was in order to win??
That was only marketing, after Rose departure they needed someone to replace the superstar fill. Butler still was stablishing himself as a superstar, and also, he isn't as popular as D-Rose and Wade even now. Im pretty sure that people who doesn't follow much basketball in Chicago still know more about Wade than Butler.

I dont disagree with your original sentiment that the ownership sucks, but your point here is contradicting what you first said. If they're only trying to fill seats and tread water, why would they trade Butler - their only player worth paying tickets to go see for a bunch of young guys that no one knows.

Easily, because he was eligible for a supermax contract, something that doesn't affect their cap, but it does on Jerry Reinsdorf bill.

The difference in ticket sales/playoff revenue will by far outweigh the salary bump Butler would've had. Dollars to dollars, they would've made more money just treading water and winning 40-45 games instead of dumping him and going tank mode for 1-2 years.

Return to The General Board