In which US-cities is Basketball #1?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: In which US-cities is Basketball #1? 

Post#241 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:58 pm

monopoman wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Soccer (Sounders) is 2nd only to Football in Seattle. Football is King. But the Sounders (30-40k every game) have overtaken the Mariners as far as fan support goes. People only watch baseball when the team is good. Otherwise no one will show.

1. Seahawks
2. Sounders
3. Mariners

Thanks for the insight. I was in Seattle in May, I went for a few days, basically two days in Seattle, went to Sasquatch on Saturday, and did a tour of Mt Ranier. On the tour they explained a lot of things about Seattle and the state of Washington, and mentioned that the Sounders had a ton of support in Seattle. It's great to know that soccer has a chance to be big in this country.

I'm not sure about attendance numbers vs. basketball but going to a Portland Timbers game the fans there are wayyyy more hardcore and fanatic than at the average basketball game. Seattle+Portland have a huge rivalry in soccer and both teams have a lot of hardcore fans. **** about 10-20 fans of The Timbers go to every home game just to organize the chants and to do that they have to spend most of the game with their back to the field so they can get everyone into the chants.

Yeah, the Sounders kind of got things rolling. Then when Portland got a team, they kinda took off as well. Best rivalry in soccer.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,231

Post#242 » by monopoman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
monopoman wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
Thanks for the insight. I was in Seattle in May, I went for a few days, basically two days in Seattle, went to Sasquatch on Saturday, and did a tour of Mt Ranier. On the tour they explained a lot of things about Seattle and the state of Washington, and mentioned that the Sounders had a ton of support in Seattle. It's great to know that soccer has a chance to be big in this country.

I'm not sure about attendance numbers vs. basketball but going to a Portland Timbers game the fans there are wayyyy more hardcore and fanatic than at the average basketball game. Seattle+Portland have a huge rivalry in soccer and both teams have a lot of hardcore fans. **** about 10-20 fans of The Timbers go to every home game just to organize the chants and to do that they have to spend most of the game with their back to the field so they can get everyone into the chants.

Yeah, the Sounders kind of got things rolling. Then when Portland got a team, they kinda took off as well. Best rivalry in soccer.

I think part of is the rebirth of the old Sonics/Blazers rivalry that also got very intense. Once that team moved to OKC it killed one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#243 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 pm

monopoman wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
monopoman wrote:

I think part of is the rebirth of the old Sonics/Blazers rivalry that also got very intense. Once that team moved to OKC it killed one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports.

It definitely played a part. When the Sonics left, the Sounders were introduced the very next year. It also helps that this area has a strong soccer following. People were fed up with the NBA in general & turned to soccer instead.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,094

Post#244 » by socal74 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 am

Clemenza wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I agree. I always feel the Dodgers and Lakers are always 1 and 2 in the city and you can slot either one accordingly depending on the year. The city has been starving for the Dodgers to have a big year. 50,000 plus fans a night/4 million a year is impressive no matter how you slice it. They would be even bigger if there were on every cable company.

You can probably get Dodger tickets for cheaper than a tray of nachos at Dodger Stadium. They have a large and loyal following for sure, but Los Angeles is a Lakers town first.

As far as football goes, USC football is still more popular than the Chargers or Rams, and I'm a Chargers fan.

Rams have only been here one year though and everything is more popular than the Chargers who should've stayed in SD. USC football fluctuates up or down and is just starting to get its mojo back since the Pete Carroll days. Plus you have a lot of UCLA alumni in the city and tons of other residents who didn't go to USC. Anybody in LA can pull for the Rams no matter what school you went to. They have the potential to be way bigger than USC if they can get their act together.

Do you realize that the Raiders fanbase is really big in Socal? You must know this right? Rams are competing with a team that is not even in Socal. Now that the Raiders are moving to Vegas, it will be really convenient to go watch them.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#245 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:28 am

RaptorsLife wrote:Not in usa but Toronto it's

Hockey

Baseball/Basketball/Football

I don't think the gap is that big to be honest and Toronto is always in flux and is seeing a change of demographic...

Let's first start off with Football. People know a Canadian James Naismith invented Basketball but most people don't know
Football was invented by Canadians.

The Toronto Argonauts were founded in 1873! When football was still a modified version of Rugby Football. For decades
in Toronto it was Leafs in the winter and Argo's in the summer. The Argo's were getting sellouts till the 1970's. Since then
they have become completely irrelevant it's amazing how they still survive. Ask 9.5/10 Torontonians to name 3 players on the
Argos and they would not be able to do it.

In the 90's the Buffalo Bills were pretty big. Tons of people still drive down to Buffalo to watch games. However with the
Bills becoming a horrendous franchise a lot of people have jumped ship through the years which is why the Bills games in
Toronto didn't do well. Also there are tons of people who are big fans of other teams I know a lot of hardcore Bears, Cowboys,
Jets, Pats, 49ers and Steelers fans. Go to any sports bar in Toronto on a Sunday afternoon or Monday night Football game
and there will be tons of Football fans in the bar. Also Football gambling is pretty big with the local Proline lottery where
you can bet on games. Go to any convenience store, grocery store, Drug store or anywhere you can buy a lottery ticket
at around 12:30-1:00pm on a Sunday afternoon and you'll see a ton of dudes in line or huddled around the lotto booth trying
to make a last second ticket.

However Football has died off quite a bit the last 5-10 years as people have lost hope that we're getting an NFL team
anytime soon after the efforts with Bon Jovi and MLSE to relocate the Bills went nowhere. The media covers it as a distant
4th sport and Toronto is just to passionate about the other 3 pro sports teams they have.

As for Hockey Toronto is the mecca of Hockey along with Montreal. The sports history is intertwined with the city it's HOF
is here it just had the first World Cup it doesn't really need an explanation. But if you remove Toronto out of the Canada
equation things are a little different.

Growing up there was just as many non Leafs fans as there was Leafs fans but hockey fans none the less. But in the last
20 years with the Leafs being an absolute embarrassment (until this past year with the rebuild) a lot of people lost interest.
Kids growing up were exposed to a boring league and had the option of basketball. While it's still king a dent was made.

The Blue Jays are without a doubt "Canada's Team" and I would say the favorite franchise of the city. People wear more
Blue Jays gear then any other team in the city by a large margin. Their TV ratings are phenomenal and they have the 4th
best attendance in the MLB. For most people the Blue Jays winning the World Series was the only time they saw a Toronto
team win a championship in their lifetimes. It was like this in the 80's to mid 90's as well. Toronto also has deep baseball
roots with Babe Ruth playing minor league baseball here and my Grandma who was born in the 1920's tells me a lot about
how popular baseball was here back then.

Despite James Naismith and the Toronto Huskies playing the first ever NBA game Basketball fell off the map if it was
even on there. Thank you Vince Carter for putting it on the map still the struggle has been real especially with media
coverage and TV ratings. Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world and immigrants are attracted to Basketball
more then baseball and hockey. It's the fastest rising sport in the country and you see more Raps gear worn then anytime
in their history in the city. The sport has big urban roots in the city if you watch a playoff game in Jurassic Park it's 90%
minorities comprising of people living in the city or the burbs. If you watch a Leafs playoff game in the same place it's
about 95% white people mostly coming from small town Ontario or the burbs.

So here is my latest rankings...

1. Hockey - Took a bit of a hit last 12-15 years but with the Leafs new amazing rebuild another boom could be coming

2. Baseball - Was just about to overtake Hockey but Jays have fallen back again. With sustained success the Jays have
proven it's their town. They have more then 2 million followers on Twitter. Everybody has some Jays gear and nobody
bandwagons other teams when they're bad. Always have tons of fans in opposing teams parks on the road.

3. Basketball - Hotter then a pistol in a lot of key areas. Not just in the city but nationally. From Vince Carter to Steve Nash
to Andrew Wiggins to We The North to Jurassic Park it's getting bigger and better. The last 4 years have been the best in
the cities history with 2016 being the crown jewel with the All-Star Game and Raps taking Lebron to 6 games in the ECF.
Basketball will always be up against the wall when it directly goes against Hockey which is part of the countries identity.
Interesting to see where it is 50 years from now.

4. Football - Was clear number 2 from 1870's to 1970's. Has become distant 4th but still has tons of fans. People have been
waiting for an NFL team forever and the lack of patience is turning to apathy and lesser media coverage.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#246 » by Clemenza » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 am

socal74 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:
You can probably get Dodger tickets for cheaper than a tray of nachos at Dodger Stadium. They have a large and loyal following for sure, but Los Angeles is a Lakers town first.

As far as football goes, USC football is still more popular than the Chargers or Rams, and I'm a Chargers fan.

Rams have only been here one year though and everything is more popular than the Chargers who should've stayed in SD. USC football fluctuates up or down and is just starting to get its mojo back since the Pete Carroll days. Plus you have a lot of UCLA alumni in the city and tons of other residents who didn't go to USC. Anybody in LA can pull for the Rams no matter what school you went to. They have the potential to be way bigger than USC if they can get their act together.

Do you realize that the Raiders fanbase is really big in Socal? You must know this right? Rams are competing with a team that is not even in Socal. Now that the Raiders are moving to Vegas, it will be really convenient to go watch them.

I'm a Raider fan.. and yeah the Raiders are huge in LA. I know this but the Rams ingrained in the LA landscape despite not being here for 20 years. But they were here for 50 years before that. There are a ton of Rams fans in LA- hardcore and bandwagon.. And that has nothing to do with -nor is it a slight against us Raider fans. LA's metro is over 18 million. The Rams fanbase is huge. You honestly don't think there's Rams fans in LA by the droves?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#247 » by Clemenza » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:29 am

Clemenza wrote:
socal74 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Rams have only been here one year though and everything is more popular than the Chargers who should've stayed in SD. USC football fluctuates up or down and is just starting to get its mojo back since the Pete Carroll days. Plus you have a lot of UCLA alumni in the city and tons of other residents who didn't go to USC. Anybody in LA can pull for the Rams no matter what school you went to. They have the potential to be way bigger than USC if they can get their act together.

I'm a Raider fan.. and yeah the Raiders are huge in LA. I know this but the Rams ingrained in the LA landscape despite not being here for 20 years. But they were here for 50 years before that. There are a ton of Rams fans in LA- hardcore and bandwagon.. And that has nothing to do with -nor is it a slight against us Raider fans. LA's metro is over 18 million. The Rams fanbase is huge. You honestly don't think there's Rams fans in LA by the droves?
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#248 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Lol at that map that has the Bills as New York's most popular team. That obviously isn't anywhere close to being true. The majority of people who live in NY State live in NYC and Long Island, and people from Westchester which is the most populous county on the mainland don't care about the Bills.

The most loved sports team in NY is the Yankees. The most popular sport is close between football and basketball. If I had to guess, even more people in NY like basketball now than the 90s since the Asian/Asian-American population has increased since then. If the Knicks were good, they would probably raid the news lines more than the Giants ever did.

There are a lot of people who flat out hate basketball in New York, while football is more universally loved.

If I had to guess the most popular sports in each major counties are

Manhattan - Football/Giants

Brooklyn/Queens - Basketball/Knicks

Staten Island/Bronx/Westchester - Baseball/Yankees

Nassau/Suffolk - Football/Jets

Upstate - Football/Bills
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#249 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 pm

I think it might be the most popular sport in OKC, but honestly Sooner football still might be bigger. College loyalties run deep.
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#250 » by Wasp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:Lol at that map that has the Bills as New York's most popular team. That obviously isn't anywhere close to being true. The majority of people who live in NY State live in NYC and Long Island, and people from Westchester which is the most populous county on the mainland don't care about the Bills.

The most loved sports team in NY is the Yankees. The most popular sport is close between football and basketball. If I had to guess, even more people in NY like basketball now than the 90s since the Asian/Asian-American population has increased since then. If the Knicks were good, they would probably raid the news lines more than the Giants ever did.

There are a lot of people who flat out hate basketball in New York, while football is more universally loved.

Upstate - Football/Bills

I think it's more that in the highly populated areas around NYC, fandom is fractured between the NYC area teams (Yankees/Mets/Giants/Jets/Knicks/Nets/Rangers) AND amongst teams from all over the world. A huge proportion of the NYC population came from somewhere else in the U.S. or from abroad and still support the teams they grew up with. They'll go to random NYC games when given the opportunity, but they wouldn't necessarily consider themselves "fans" of those teams.

Meanwhile, the Bills completely dominate upstate NY, which could conceivably make them the most popular team across the entire state simply due to a lot of the population being "born and raised" and the Bills being a religion up there. Not saying it's 100% the case but it's certainly plausible.

Anyway, if I had to take a guess as to what markets have their NBA team as the #1 ticket in town: Orlando, Memphis, San Antonio, OKC, Portland, Utah (Salt Lake City), Los Angeles, and Sacramento.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#251 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Wasp wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:Lol at that map that has the Bills as New York's most popular team. That obviously isn't anywhere close to being true. The majority of people who live in NY State live in NYC and Long Island, and people from Westchester which is the most populous county on the mainland don't care about the Bills.

Upstate - Football/Bills

I think it's more that in the highly populated areas around NYC, fandom is fractured between the NYC area teams (Yankees/Mets/Giants/Jets/Knicks/Nets/Rangers) AND amongst teams from all over the world. A huge proportion of the NYC population came from somewhere else in the U.S. or from abroad and still support the teams they grew up with. They'll go to random NYC games when given the opportunity, but they wouldn't necessarily consider themselves "fans" of those teams.

Meanwhile, the Bills completely dominate upstate NY, which could conceivably make them the most popular team across the entire state simply due to a lot of the population being "born and raised" and the Bills being a religion up there. Not saying it's 100% the case but it's certainly plausible.

Anyway, if I had to take a guess as to what markets have their NBA team as the #1 ticket in town: Orlando, Memphis, San Antonio, OKC, Portland, Utah (Salt Lake City), Los Angeles, and Sacramento.

Yes it is split, but my list was more zero sum.

If someone is a Knicks or Yankees fan, good chance they are a Giants fan - almost no chance they're a bills fan. Even with the jets holding down a lot of Long Island and queens, the majority of the nyc metro are Giants fans, which is more people than those who live upstate.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,071

Post#252 » by jokeboy86 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
symbiotic wrote:It's a shame that the New York Knicks single-handedly became the nuclear bomb that obliterated the reputation of Basketball here in New York, because outside of the Knicks, very few cities measure up to the reputation of Basketball.

New York City basketball is more than the blemish that is the New York Knicks franchise run by the impatient non-rebuilding James Dolan.

With Rucker Park, West Fourth Street Courts & AND1 Streetball & Harlem Globetrotters & the numerous NYC Parks.... NYC is a basketball paradise. It's traditions run deeper than James Dolan. Kevin Durant respects the heritage of Rucker Park, and right now, everyone's balling in the heat.

Other cities have some advantages, because the singular owners of their NBA teams actually have brains in their head, and can fall back on their NBA team with admittedly much superior ownership. But on the grassroots level, New York City is synonymous with basketball.

Consult this book "The Last Shot: City Streets, Basketball Dreams" to read how entrenched the culture of basketball runs here in this city, which chronicles the career of Stephen Marbury growing up in Coney Island & making his mark in Abraham Lincoln High School as a member of the PSAL champion team "The Railsplitters"

"It ought to be just a game, but basketball on the playgrounds of Coney Island is much more than that — for many young men it represents their only hope of escape from a life of crime, poverty, and despair. In The Last Shot, Darcy Frey chronicles the aspirations of four of the neighborhood’s most promising players. What they have going for them is athletic talent, grace, and years of dedication. But working against them are woefully inadequate schooling, family circumstances that are often desperate, and the slick, brutal world of college athletic recruitment. Incisively and compassionately written, The Last Shot introduces us to unforgettable characters and takes us into their world with an intimacy seldom seen in contemporary journalism. The result is a startling and poignant expose of inner-city life and the big business of college basketball.

High schoolers there attend Abraham Lincoln High, known all around the East Coast for its outstanding basketball teams, where players see the sport as their way out of poverty. In his first book, Frey, a contributing editor at Harper's and the New York Times Magazine, has composed a sensitive account of a year in the lives of four exceptional players (three seniors and one freshman), their coach and their families, and he shows that the game can indeed be a means of escape in spite of their school's poor academic reputation. But the way out is fraught with difficulties. For instance, Frey offers devastating anecdotes about dishonest college recruiters and about the NCAA. This excellent book is not only about basketball but about realizing a dream, and its appeal should be very wide. "

I'm not from New York and never been but have listened to Boomer and Carton the radio show for the last few years in
the mornings...

Can you positively say Basketball is the number 1 sport there?

I hear tons of Baseball talk even in April on there. I'm actually borderline shocked that the Mets have a big following
as they do when they have to compete with the Yankees who are like the most historic franchise in North American
Sports and seem to always have one of the best teams in the league. When the Yanks go on the road they seem to
have tons of fans in the visiting stadium. Why would anybody outside of Queens care about the Mets who've won like
1 world Series in like 50 years? You also got Cooperstown and the fabric of the sport is intertwined with your city
going back 100 years of kids playing stick ball on the street.

Like any American city Football is massive and during NFL season Jets and Giants seem like the only thing that matters

Disappointed how low hockey is perceived with 3 NHL teams including an original 6 team being so close in proximity.
Rangers have had great playoff teams the last several years and the Devils were one of the best teams in hockey for 20
years yet the sport seems like an after thought there.

Basketball seems huge but hard to say if it's bigger then baseball and Football? Nets seem like an after thought whether
they're in Jersey or Brooklyn. It's clear though that people LOVE their Knicks no matter how bad they are even for decades
wonder if some people have been turned off the last few years though.

As for participation of sports and TV ratings I have no idea...

Can any of the New York peeps say for certain Basketball is bigger then Baseball and Football?

I think with the Knicks its kind of like how it probably is with the Bears or Dodgers in that since there's only one team in that sport compared with the other leagues(where they may have two) it probably unites people. Even with the Nets now I dont think the city would get behind them because their name says just Brooklyn and not New York. And the reason why the Mets have a following outside of Queens(even across the country bc of transplants) is bc NY used to have 3 teams and I know some older people in NY who were fans of the other two teams and have always hated the Yankees and passed that down to future generations. No matter how much the Yankees may win they will never cheer for them ever.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#253 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 am

jokeboy86 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
symbiotic wrote:It's a shame that the New York Knicks single-handedly became the nuclear bomb that obliterated the reputation of Basketball here in New York, because outside of the Knicks, very few cities measure up to the reputation of Basketball.

New York City basketball is more than the blemish that is the New York Knicks franchise run by the impatient non-rebuilding James Dolan.

With Rucker Park, West Fourth Street Courts & AND1 Streetball & Harlem Globetrotters & the numerous NYC Parks.... NYC is a basketball paradise. It's traditions run deeper than James Dolan. Kevin Durant respects the heritage of Rucker Park, and right now, everyone's balling in the heat.

Other cities have some advantages, because the singular owners of their NBA teams actually have brains in their head, and can fall back on their NBA team with admittedly much superior ownership. But on the grassroots level, New York City is synonymous with basketball.

Consult this book "The Last Shot: City Streets, Basketball Dreams" to read how entrenched the culture of basketball runs here in this city, which chronicles the career of Stephen Marbury growing up in Coney Island & making his mark in Abraham Lincoln High School as a member of the PSAL champion team "The Railsplitters"

"It ought to be just a game, but basketball on the playgrounds of Coney Island is much more than that — for many young men it represents their only hope of escape from a life of crime, poverty, and despair. In The Last Shot, Darcy Frey chronicles the aspirations of four of the neighborhood’s most promising players. What they have going for them is athletic talent, grace, and years of dedication. But working against them are woefully inadequate schooling, family circumstances that are often desperate, and the slick, brutal world of college athletic recruitment. Incisively and compassionately written, The Last Shot introduces us to unforgettable characters and takes us into their world with an intimacy seldom seen in contemporary journalism. The result is a startling and poignant expose of inner-city life and the big business of college basketball.

High schoolers there attend Abraham Lincoln High, known all around the East Coast for its outstanding basketball teams, where players see the sport as their way out of poverty. In his first book, Frey, a contributing editor at Harper's and the New York Times Magazine, has composed a sensitive account of a year in the lives of four exceptional players (three seniors and one freshman), their coach and their families, and he shows that the game can indeed be a means of escape in spite of their school's poor academic reputation. But the way out is fraught with difficulties. For instance, Frey offers devastating anecdotes about dishonest college recruiters and about the NCAA. This excellent book is not only about basketball but about realizing a dream, and its appeal should be very wide. "

I'm not from New York and never been but have listened to Boomer and Carton the radio show for the last few years in
the mornings...

Can you positively say Basketball is the number 1 sport there?

I hear tons of Baseball talk even in April on there. I'm actually borderline shocked that the Mets have a big following
as they do when they have to compete with the Yankees who are like the most historic franchise in North American
Sports and seem to always have one of the best teams in the league. When the Yanks go on the road they seem to
have tons of fans in the visiting stadium. Why would anybody outside of Queens care about the Mets who've won like
1 world Series in like 50 years? You also got Cooperstown and the fabric of the sport is intertwined with your city
going back 100 years of kids playing stick ball on the street.

Like any American city Football is massive and during NFL season Jets and Giants seem like the only thing that matters

Disappointed how low hockey is perceived with 3 NHL teams including an original 6 team being so close in proximity.
Rangers have had great playoff teams the last several years and the Devils were one of the best teams in hockey for 20
years yet the sport seems like an after thought there.

Basketball seems huge but hard to say if it's bigger then baseball and Football? Nets seem like an after thought whether
they're in Jersey or Brooklyn. It's clear though that people LOVE their Knicks no matter how bad they are even for decades
wonder if some people have been turned off the last few years though.

As for participation of sports and TV ratings I have no idea...

Can any of the New York peeps say for certain Basketball is bigger then Baseball and Football?

I think with the Knicks its kind of like how it probably is with the Bears or Dodgers in that since there's only one team in that sport compared with the other leagues(where they may have two) it probably unites people. Even with the Nets now I dont think the city would get behind them because their name says just Brooklyn and not New York. And the reason why the Mets have a following outside of Queens(even across the country bc of transplants) is bc NY used to have 3 teams and I know some older people in NY who were fans of the other two teams and have always hated the Yankees and passed that down to future generations. No matter how much the Yankees may win they will never cheer for them ever.

So old New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers fans passed down their hate for the Yankees to younger generations?
That's kind of cool. All I know is if I had the most historic North American sports franchise in my city that does whatever
it takes to win I'd rep them hard.

It's pretty bad about the Nets and Clippers they have no chance going against historic NBA brands in the Lakers and Knicks.
I know they're the biggest markets but they just need to eat crow and move somewhere else.

Clippers should move to Anaheim or San Diego and the Nets should move to Pittsburgh or something

Return to The General Board