Do you think your team's "all time team" can beat the current Warriors in a 7 game series?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

smartyz456
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,692

Do you think your team's "all time team" can beat the current Warriors in a 7 game series? 

Post#1 » by smartyz456 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Example: Say you're a Bulls fan and your all time team is:

PG: Rose/Van Lier
SG: Jordan/Sloan/Butler
SF: Pippen/Walker
PF: Rodman/Love/Kukoc
C: Gilmore/Noah

Can that team beat the current Warriors team?

Note: The players for your team's "all time team" should've played well when they were on the team. No "Olajuwon as Raptors center because he played for them" situations. Olajuwon sucked as a Raptor and even Valanciunas is more deserving of the spot ahead of Olajuwon

Disclaimer: This current Warriors team is one of the strongest set of talents in NBA history. They were a 73-9 team before they added Durant (consistent MVP candidate) and are projected to win the next 2-3 championships without breaking a sweat. With their high level of defense and offense, I'm sure they can beat some "all time teams" especially against younger franchises
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Re: Do you think your team's "all time team" can beat the current Warriors in a 7 game series? 

Post#2 » by yesh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 pm

The warriors are currently 0-100 in hypothetical matchups, so I'd say there's a good chance everyone's all time teams would beat them.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,064

Re: Do you think your team's "all time team" can beat the current Warriors in a 7 game series? 

Post#3 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:03 pm

yesh wrote:The warriors are currently 0-100 in hypothetical matchups, so I'd say there's a good chance everyone's all time teams would beat them.

:lol: this guy gets it
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#4 » by Goudelock » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

yesh wrote:The warriors are currently 0-100 in hypothetical matchups, so I'd say there's a good chance everyone's all time teams would beat them.

All-time Bobcats team >>> Current Warriors
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#5 » by PizzaSteve » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

:lol: this guy gets it

As a warriors fan i have to agree, frankly. Assuming they play a season together first, any all time team should do well.
But its all about talent, isnt it? Hypothetical teams dont even have to practice reps to learn to play as a team or even have work out, stretch, and eat the right foods to stay in shape and avoid injuries either, do they. They happily live in ourfantasy world.

Lucky for us Dub Nation fans, the Warriors are real humans playing in the NBA next season.
seohioguy
Freshman
And1: 32

Re: RE: Re: Do you think your team's "all time team" can beat the current Warriors in a 7 game series? 

Post#6 » by seohioguy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 pm

I would say just about everyones all time team could beat any single season team.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,882

Post#7 » by Reeko » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Lowry
Derozan
Carter
Bosh
Valanciunas

Or

Lowry
Derozan
Carter
Mcgrady
Bosh
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,161

Post#8 » by Statlanta » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:14 pm

The Warriors are an all-time team in the context of an NBA roster under salary cap rules. A good amount of all-time teams would win due to depth alone.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,095

Post#9 » by SkyHookFTW » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Lakers:
PG: Magic/Fisher (Goodrich?)
SG: Kobe/West
SF: Worthy/Baylor/Horry
PF: Gasol/Green
C: Kareem, Shaq, (save Wilt for the all-Sixer team)

Big in the back court, big in the middle, just a big tough team everywhere on the court. No one could really handle prime Kobe.

Sixers: (Iggy won't be used as he is on the Warriors)
PG: Cheeks/Collins
SG: Iverson/Greer
SF: Dr. J/Cunningham/Walker
PF: Barkley/Jones/McGinnis
C: Wilt/Moses

Could be the best rebounding team in history. Speed to spare and some. Transition offense with Dr. J/Barkley/Iverson would be amazing.

I don't know how the Warriors overcome the center position on either team.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,753

Post#10 » by Domejandro » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Sam Cassell / Ricky Rubio / Terrell Brandon
Andrew Wiggins / Tony Campbell / Isaiah Rider
Jimmy Butler* / Wally Szczerbiak / Tom Gugliotta
Kevin Garnett / Kevin Love / Christian Laettner
Karl-Anthony Towns / Nikola Pekovic / Al Jefferson

Minnesota would win handily.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,731

Post#11 » by Diop » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 pm

PockyCandy wrote:

All-time Bobcats team >>> Current Warriors

That's not easy

Kemba, Felton
J Richardson, S Jax
Crash Wallace, MKG
Diaw, McRoberts
Jefferson, Chandler
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#12 » by MGB8 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Domejandro wrote:Sam Cassell / Ricky Rubio / Terrell Brandon
Andrew Wiggins / Tony Campbell / Isaiah Rider
Jimmy Butler* / Wally Szczerbiak / Tom Gugliotta
Kevin Garnett / Kevin Love / Christian Laettner
Karl-Anthony Towns / Nikola Pekovic / Al Jefferson

Minnesota would win handily.

KAT and Wiggins haven't proven much of anything yet. They are great talents, but just haven't shown that they are complete players - so when you have Wiggins and KAT starting, I wouldn't say "handily" to anything. Especially Wiggins, who has been awful on defense (so has KAT, but less so). And you forgot Spree - though he was also on the Warriors...
gizardoe
Senior
And1: 393

Post#13 » by gizardoe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:29 pm

I would love to see Dennis Johnson all over Curry.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,150

Post#14 » by Heat3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Heat definitely

Hardaway
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Shaq

with reserves such as Rice, Zo, Allen etc. Will be two different styles of play.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

seohioguy
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#15 » by seohioguy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah truth be told there were probably non championship teams from the 80's that would give them fits just due to the crazy depth pre expansion.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#16 » by OdomFan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Depends on the all time team being able to put ego aside to get the job done. A team like the All time Philadelphia 76ers probably would lose due to Barkley and Iverson struggling to mesh, and Dr J would just be over there face palming if things start to go bad for them. Mosses Malone can get in their faces and try to make a difference but that can only go so far.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#17 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Chris Paul/Sam Cassell/Baron Davis
World B Free/Randy Smith/Ron Harper
Danny Manning/Corey Maggette
Blake Griffin/Elton Brand
Bill Walton/Bob McAdoo/DeAndre Jordan

Wasn't easy to assemble this list and still not sure they beat Warriors. Would be a fun series though.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Seabass11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#18 » by Seabass11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Price
Kyrie
LeBron
Nance
Daugherty

Harper
Love
Big Z
Austin Carr
Hot Rod
World B Free
Campy
Terrell Brandon
Shawn Kemp

Add Korver Or JR for shooting to round out your 15 man roster and...

Yes I think this team would dominate the current Warriors.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,685

Post#19 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Reeko wrote:Lowry
Derozan
Carter
Bosh
Valanciunas

Or

Lowry
Derozan
Carter
Mcgrady
Bosh

Definitely go with the 2nd one. And no...still probably wouldn't win.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#20 » by OdomFan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

I'd be interested to see how well the Pistons could handle both bad boyz and the 2004 era team the most though. Not to mention Grant Hill. Yeah they'd have a chance. Heck they might have the best chance because you can swap line ups around so much.

Rodman can guard Durant or Green
Chauncy can guard Klay Thompson or Curry while Isaiah or Dumars guards the opposite.
Rasheed and Ben can both play PF or Center as could Laimbeer, and if they have Drummond that's another big to help them on both ends.
Plus Dave Bing?

Warriors wouldn't have a chance.

Return to The General Board