ESPN just showed this KD tweet like it was about LeBron

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SDANNIE
Junior
And1: 335

Re: ESPN just showed this KD tweet like it was about LeBron 

Post#101 » by SDANNIE » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:Some people must realize that by making durant angry, they are also making him more motivated.
So if we want(those of us who are not warriors fans) to win a championship at some point, i would suggest to let it go because for the warriors this is clearly a win win situation.
We need to make them feel secure and arrogant. This is not helpful n achieving that goal.

They are not already secure and arrogant? Then someone should tell them quick because -

The Warriors are the greatest team of all time.
The Warriors are the smartest team of all time.
The Warriors are the most unselfish team of all time.
The Warriors have the most chemistry of all time.
The Warriors have the greatest players of all time.
The Warriors have the greatest bench of all time.
The Warriors have the greatest coach of all time
The Warriors have the greatest GM of all time.
The Warriors have the greatest owner of all time.
The Warriors have the greatest fans of all time.
The Warriors play in the greatest city of all time.
No team past or present can beat the Warriors.

Gosh, no wonder everyone loves them so much! :roll: These are all things I've seen written on fan forums so they must be true. I'm not sure how they could get any more secure and arrogant. As far as Durant being angry, nothing will prevent that. I don't think he foresaw how widespread the dislike/disgust would be over his decision or how long it would last. I believe he fully expected everyone would love him again once he won a title. That didn't happen and there's no telling how long he will be pissed about that.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#102 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Emhoward wrote:I
But I don't get that vibe from. To me it feels like he has a you come at me, I come at you, value system. And to him it doesn't matter if you're a random. It feels like a principle.

If he were a rookie or second year play and responsed like this, it would feel sensitive...or if he did this every so often. But KD does this all the time. It's weird.

I completely disagree. The fact that he has to respond so much or do so much to defend himself obviously means he has thin skin and can't accept the hate he put on himself. Just like how salty he was at the ESPY's when Manning cracked on him.

He responds to so many no less, it's like he can't handle being dislike and feels the need to fight back against people who should not matter to him one single big.
http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/20156811/why-kd-responding-twitter-trolls
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#103 » by michaelm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm

SDANNIE wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:Some people must realize that by making durant angry, they are also making him more motivated.
So if we want(those of us who are not warriors fans) to win a championship at some point, i would suggest to let it go because for the warriors this is clearly a win win situation.
We need to make them feel secure and arrogant. This is not helpful n achieving that goal.

They are not already secure and arrogant? Then someone should tell them quick because -

Gosh, no wonder everyone loves them so much! :roll: These are all things I've seen written on fan forums so they must be true. I'm not sure how they could get any more secure and arrogant. As far as Durant being angry, nothing will prevent that. I don't think he foresaw how widespread the dislike/disgust would be over his decision or how long it would last. I believe he fully expected everyone would love him again once he won a title. That didn't happen and there's no telling how long he will be pissed about that.

The amusing thing is that it is not the Warriors, not even Draymond Green, and not their long term fans if you care to look at the realGM Warriors board, who are saying such things, but rather fans of your ilk who hate them cf the scorn on this very thread at any suggestion they needed someone better than Barnes to beat the Cavs
SDANNIE
Junior
And1: 335

Post#104 » by SDANNIE » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:59 pm

michaelm wrote:
SDANNIE wrote:

The amusing thing is that it is not the Warriors, not even Draymond Green, and not their long term fans if you care to look at the realGM Warriors board, who are saying such things, but rather fans of your ilk who hate them cf the scorn on this very thread at any suggestion they needed someone better than Barnes to beat the Cavs

Most of this I saw on the Warriors World forum. I didn't make it up. Whether they are long term fans over there I have no idea. If this had all come from my imaginings I would have carried it further, and it would have been funnier. To set the record straight, I used to follow the Warriors World forum before I found the realGM boards because they are an active group and could often get league information there before I could get it on less active boards I followed. And there are some funny posters over there.

I don't care whether GSW thought they NEEDED Durant to beat the Cavs. Really that is neither here nor there for me. Durant made the choice to join a 73 win team so he could cupcake walk to a title. And he did. HATE the Warriors? Well that is a strong word. I'll have to ponder it. I do not want them to win the title next year. Maybe that = hate in your mind. I don't even hate Durant although I am incredibly disappointed in the decision he made and don't think his reputation will ever fully recover. But hate? Nah, not even close.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#105 » by NeoWarriors » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:31 am

It's probably true that Golden State didn't need Kevin Durant to beat the Cavs. But they did need Kevin Durant to crush and humiliate the Cavs... which they did.

Ask Draymond...

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#106 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 am

NeoWarriors wrote:It's probably true that Golden State didn't need Kevin Durant to beat the Cavs. But they did need Kevin Durant to crush and humiliate the Cavs... which they did.

Ask Draymond...

they needed KD, they couldnt beat cavs the year before. and does anyone really think Harrison barnes is hitting threes in lebrons face like KD was?
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#107 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:59 am

Pharmcat wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:It's probably true that Golden State didn't need Kevin Durant to beat the Cavs. But they did need Kevin Durant to crush and humiliate the Cavs... which they did.

Ask Draymond...

they needed KD, they couldnt beat cavs the year before. and does anyone really think Harrison barnes is hitting threes in lebrons face like KD was?

This narrative is silly. With a somewhat hobbled Curry the Dubs were 2 minutes away, an all-time great defensive play, and not the smartest early shot-clock pull up 3 from a ring.

Return to The General Board