Dame Lillard is Not Here for the Kyrie Comp's

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Re: Dame Lillard is Not Here for the Kyrie Comp's 

Post#121 » by rockmanslim » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 am

Two of my favorite players. Love watching them both. Can't we all just get along?
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Post#122 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:24 am

Kyrie over Lillard any damn day.
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,832

Post#123 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:36 am

Mr Burns wrote:Lillard really has become one of the saltiest players in the league over the years.

1) Lillard came into the league at 22 years of age, Kyrie entered the league as a 19 year old

2) By the time Kyrie turned 22 years old LeBron joined the team already

3) Kyries first year in the league was a lock out year where he only played 51 games and he was injured his second year playing only 59 games.

4) Lillard already had an all-star big man on his team his first year in the league and had a much better roster than anything Kyrie has ever come close to while being "the man"

How can you even talk about Kyries shortcomings as "the man" on a team when he hardly even got the chance to prove himself. I'm not even that big a fan of Kyrie but its hilarious how everyone just writes him off and credits all his success to LeBron. People are going to be in for a rude awakening when he leaves the Cavs and flourishes on another team.

I'm not sure how he's salty just because you're all misinterpreting his response. He was clearly agitated not at anything to do with Kyrie Irving, rather he was irritated at being used as an example as lesser and losing.

Is a man salty when others are just intentionally misunderstanding what he says to create offseason drama to talk about?
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#124 » by dub81 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 am

I guess....We should not have a right of free speech?
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#125 » by Fitz303 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm

I hope Kyrie gets traded to the Suns this offseason, so we can see what he does in the western conference on a team that's all his own. We'll see if he can do what Dame has done for the past 4 years. LEAD his team to the playoffs in a loaded conference
IggyStardust
Senior
And1: 753

Post#126 » by IggyStardust » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 pm

In fairness to dame, haberstroh is low-key in the top tier of the dumbest guys out of espn. His brain could only be a smooth sphere.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#127 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:49 pm

by the reactions, its Dame and its not really close

bake51
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#128 » by bake51 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Kyrie > Lillard
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Re: RE: Re: Dame Lillard is Not Here for the Kyrie Comp's 

Post#129 » by JAY DASH » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Iplaytolose wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Im confused, Lillard hasnt made the playoffs every year. His first year Portland missed the playoffs and they went 33-49. I mean Portland didnt even finish OVER 500 this year at 41-41. He also has a horrible record in the playoffs. Kyrie has more playoff victories this past year than Dame has in his entire career. All Kyrie would have to do is tweet a pic of his championship ring and its over.

Cleveland would still be a lotto team, and under 500 in the East if LeBron didn't come back and Kyrie was at the helm. LeBron is the main reason Kyrie is known to be who he is, and could get a playoff win, let alone make the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H901 using RealGM mobile app

As true as this probably is, Kyrie did drop 55 on Dame's head with Bron on the sidelines. Dame, Wes, Batum...and everyone else on that team caught buckets that night.
deadfeather
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#130 » by deadfeather » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:by the reactions, its Dame and its not really close

Did that moron just claim Lillard forced LMA out of Portland?
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#131 » by wjun15 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 am

Lillard > Kyrie

until Kyrie shows he can lead a team. Lillard would be COLD with lebron
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#132 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:56 am

Lillard over Kyrie. LMFAO. :crazy: :noway: :nonono: :lol:
JGOJustin
Pro Prospect
And1: 726

Post#133 » by JGOJustin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm

wjun15 wrote:Lillard > Kyrie

What has Dame led? Since LMA departed they've been WC fodder, they've been incredibly lucky the last two years to get into the playoffs.
@JamalCristopher - Come Back To California https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/california
JGOJustin
Pro Prospect
And1: 726

Post#134 » by JGOJustin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Red_man1 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:What's Lillard upset about? I think him and Kyrie are pretty much equal in terms of value? Were people saying Kyrie is better and he's mad? Or were they saying they are the same and he is mad? If the former he has a point, if the latter he's a bit delusional.

I assume he wouldn't be upset if people are saying he's better than Kyrie ;).

I guess I should add Lillard to the list of players I'd trade Kyrie for if Cleveland.

And where is he gonna take the Blazers exactly? To the lottery? When you consider everything, Lillard is the superior player.

Actually when you consider everything Kyrie is the better player. Dame is much older than Kyrie, who's a better and more efficient 3 way scorer than Kyrie is. It is close though but Kyrie's age makes him better.
@JamalCristopher - Come Back To California https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/california
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#135 » by ItsThatEasy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:00 pm

JGOJustin wrote: .

You're from KanyeToThe right?
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#136 » by a_sensei » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:15 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:Lillard over Kyrie. LMFAO. :crazy: :noway: :nonono: :lol:

Your emojis make quite a case. I think I'm convinced.
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#137 » by a_sensei » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:31 pm

JGOJustin wrote:
wjun15 wrote:Lillard > Kyrie

What has Dame led? Since LMA departed they've been WC fodder, they've been incredibly lucky the last two years to get into the playoffs.

Two years ago the Blazers lost four quality starters from a good team including LMA. I just looked at the first 20 or so predictions of the 2015-16 nba season that come up on google. Blazers are predicted anywhere from 18-35 wins and none of them have the Blazers making the playoffs. I remember many in these forums expected Lillard to turn into a sub 40% chucker just looking to get his. Lillard embraced that team, stepped up has a leader and brought the group together. Through the first half of the season it looked like the Blazers might be that 30 win team in full rebuild. In big part due to Lillard's leadership the team didn't fracture, made a second half run, and made the playoffs in the West as the fifth seed. Then they were likely on their way to tying the first round series with the Clippers at two when some luck came their way. CP3 and Blake went down in game four, but if the Blazers hadn't positioned themselves to be in the series they couldn't have taken advantage of the luck. That season was a fairly significant accomplishment for Lillard, something Irving has not been able to do without James as of now. I understand Kyrie was much younger and had less talent in his seasons as the face of the Cavs but he hasn't shown that leadership ability.
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#138 » by britblazerdude » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:22 pm

The Cavaliers would be much better with Lillard than with Irving. Undeniable. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't watch Portland basketball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using RealGM mobile app
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#139 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 pm

This coming from someone that despises Kyrie right now. So this is the best time for me to be a hater of his....

That being said, Kyrie is certainly better, it's crazy to me that anyone would actually question that.

I mean look at Kyrie's last two series vs GS, now look at Dame's.
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

RE: Re: Dame Lillard is Not Here for the Kyrie Comp's 

Post#140 » by britblazerdude » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:52 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:This coming from someone that despises Kyrie right now. So this is the best time for me to be a hater of his....

That being said, Kyrie is certainly better, it's crazy to me that anyone would actually question that.

I mean look at Kyrie's last two series vs GS, now look at Dame's.

Sounds like you haven't watched lillard against GSW.

From this thread, I've ascertained the following: what's the difference between people who think Lillard is better and those who think Irving is better? Lillard fans watch both players.

Plus it's silly considering Lillard doesn't play with LeBron. Irving couldn't lead a team like lillard. People will find that out very soon, whenever Irving doesn't play with LeBron
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.

Return to The General Board