Charlie V. Where would he fit in?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Puertorique
Banned User
And1: 0

Charlie V. Where would he fit in? 

Post#1 » by Puertorique » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 am

What teams could use Charlie Villanueva? I think he is a pretty good player, not an All Star or anything but he could bring something good to a good amount of teams. What teams would they be?

I think the Lakers should try to make a move for the guy if they can. I think Phil would get the most out of him and a quartet of Kobe, Bynum, Odom and Bynum would be a dangerous one.

Miami Heat. With Shaq getting older, Zo may have played his last game, the Heat need to start looking at the future. Possibly trading Ricky Davis who's contract expires at the end of the season would be a good move to start building around Wade. Wade, Shaq, V and what looks like a good draft pick this year would be another nice spot.

Chicago needs size. I think V would be a good option especially if the asking price is low. A front court rotation of Noah, Thomas, CV would be a decent looking one for a team in need of help.

NY Knicks. The concern I have about this is that it's too close to home but he may be able to play through it. His game could possibly benefit either Curry or Randolph.

Nets. Looking for size to put next to Kristic and Williams. Like the Knicks the hometown distractions may not be a good fit.

Sonics. Durant, Green, V is a good young core to start building around for the Sonics.

Anyone else that you guy's can think of?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#2 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 am

The Adams Family.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,589

Re: Charlie V. Where would he fit in? 

Post#3 » by AbC? » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 am

Puertorique wrote: I think the Lakers should try to make a move for the guy if they can. I think Phil would get the most out of him and a quartet of Kobe, Bynum, Odom and Bynum would be a dangerous one.

:clap:

Two Bynum's are better than one.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#4 » by YiYaoYue » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 am

There was a rumor that Charlie V is being shopped to get GSW's Micheal Pietrus with draft picks and few other players possibly as a package... who knows?
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#5 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 am

Any PF,C would flourish in New Jersey.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#6 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:25 am

Wow I get to be first to say..... WNBA.
manun
Lead Assistant
And1: 57

Post#7 » by manun » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:24 am

I was thinking about it yesterday.
He is actually really good if u give him the chance. Hes actually alot better than yi rite now but seems like Larry K doesnt want to use him.
In nets he would thrive because he has S.williams to block shots and help him and hes just too good offensive to stop sometimes.

This is the trade idea I had yesterday:

Miami trades: Smush Parker, Blount, J.will + first round pick

Bucks trades: Mo williams, Bobby Simmons, C.V

Miami gets a future PG that can thrive with Wade and a future PF that will grow with wade and Mo.
Bucks get a first round pick they can use. I know Miami might not do this so why not put a pick swap, a pick swap in 2008 or a no lottery protected pick in 2009.

The miami pick wouldnt be so high anymore because they get alot better becauses of Mo, Simmons and CV.

Miamis future:

Shaq
CV
Simmons
Wade
Mo

Ron ron on how commited he is to the team.
If he tells me to jump off the building, I'll jump off the building.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#8 » by St.Nick » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:50 am

Warriors, baby.

Big man that can shoot from the outside and run the floor. Send him on over for Pietrus and two 2nd round picks.
GJC
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#9 » by GJC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:09 pm

manun wrote:I was thinking about it yesterday.
He is actually really good if u give him the chance. Hes actually alot better than yi rite now but seems like Larry K doesnt want to use him.
In nets he would thrive because he has S.williams to block shots and help him and hes just too good offensive to stop sometimes.

Miami gets a future PG that can thrive with Wade and a future PF that will grow with wade and Mo.
Bucks get a first round pick they can use. I know Miami might not do this so why not put a pick swap, a pick swap in 2008 or a no lottery protected pick in 2009.

The miami pick wouldnt be so high anymore because they get alot better becauses of Mo, Simmons and CV.

Miamis future:

Shaq
CV
Simmons
Wade
Mo

Are you high by any chance?
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting.

George Orwell
Jugs
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#10 » by Jugs » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:13 pm

lmao Bucks get absolutely Bucked here
Bballer2306
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Bballer2306 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:24 pm

Miamis future:

Shaq
CV
Simmons
Wade
Mo

Errr that trade is the worst I have ever heard rofl....

Mo Williams is playing awesome for us and we still have him for another 5 years, why would we trade him?
Mad Mike
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#12 » by Mad Mike » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:29 pm

chicago baby.....dude would give them that bigman scorer that paxson seems to talk about all the time but never gets one.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Post#13 » by XTC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Raptors fan here...

Charlie V can be an EXPLOSIVE SCORER! No joke here, he can be a big time scorer if his team lets him take his shots, *cough rookie year cough*.

Defense isn't going to be demanded of him, he's too slow, and not strong enough. I think right now he could average 18 PPG if his team gave him the chance to produce. Athletic, awesome shot, can handle it a bit. 48 point rookie outburst. Raptor fans where always talking before Bargnani how Charlie would be the future #1 scorer ahead of Bosh in the future.

He's real good... Just give him a chance, talent oozes from him.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#14 » by BROWN » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:33 pm

The warriors would love to have him for MP , he would be added into our PF's that can't play defense but can score.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#15 » by NetsForce » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Phoenix. They love soft big men who can't play D and like to shoot three pointers.
Chuck Nevicic
Junior

Post#16 » by Chuck Nevicic » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:49 pm

GJC wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Are you high by any chance?

He's a cHeat fan. They have issues.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,131

Post#17 » by duppyy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:52 pm

He fits on the raptors lol.

CV never had plays run for him, he would get a lot of points off offensive rebounds.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#18 » by Dwightmare » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 pm

In Orlando...

Jameer/Arroyo
Bogans/Evans or Dooling
Rashard/Hedo
CV/Hedo or Auggie
Dwight/Foyle

Allows the magic to move Hedo to the bench in a sixth man role. We need his scoring and playmaking off the bench. Next year Battie would back up CV.

What would the bucks want for CV though?
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#19 » by Buck You » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:57 pm

Miamis future:

Shaq
CV
Simmons
Wade
Mo

:rofl: :rofl: We aren't trading Mo for Jason Williams, sorry.

As for Charlie V. He doesn't use his strengths at all. He hangs around on the perimeter and is very lazy. He also has no idea what to do on defense and is always out of position. He just isn't a very smart player. He can score real well, his touch inside is second to none but he rarely ever uses it. He's a younger Tim Thomas right now.
A.J.
Banned User

Post#20 » by A.J. » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:05 pm

he'll be a perfect fit with the rockets, a 4 who can shot the 3

Return to The General Board