'Zo Retires

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#21 » by MrCheerios » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm

What he did in the Toronto situation was less than admirable. If he didn't want to play for those teams, he could have offered just to be let out of his contract. Everyone respect Derek Fisher for taking a paycut so that he could take care of his daughter. Zo did the exact opposite and should expect the opposite reaction.

Still, he's one of the best players I've had the pleasure of watching. He definitely gave his all on the court. So thanks for the memories!
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#22 » by MagicFan3 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Zo was a great player, and is a great guy. I find it funny that there are still people bent out of shape over the Toronto situation. As others said, Toronto knew he was not going to play for them when they made the trade. They didn't want him to; they just wanted his expiring contract. Get over it.
risktaker91
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by risktaker91 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Cweb wrote:Yeah it is a pretty big COP out for people on here to say "Well, Toronto and everyone else knew he wouldn't report" That is just a punk move.

Fine you don't want to play for Toronto or New Jersey, than The Contract is gone, and then you can go find another team.

If I was Toronto, i would have let him sit on the bench for the entire contract.

As far as I am concerned Zo is a self centred, THIEF.

Hes pathetic... Thats all there is to it.

Agreed.

Return to The General Board