Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

halfcourt
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's 

Post#61 » by halfcourt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Game 3 in the raptors/orlando series was insane, i havent seen it matched after that.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#62 » by 5DOM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 pm

arena atmosphere was the only positive from this playoffs for toronto.
gotta be top 5 or at least close to it
rebe1
Pro Prospect
And1: 24

Post#63 » by rebe1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 am

Toronto was loud because the fans went to the wrong venue... they were supposed to watch the Toronto FC (soccer), and cheer on the european players.... oh wait...
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#64 » by markdeez33 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:26 am

bullzman23 wrote:I was at Philips Arena for games 3 and 6 against Boston. Take it from me, the crowd was ridiculous. Game 6 had the largest crowd in Hawks history.

I was at game 4 and game 6. UNBELIEVABLE. Game Six was the most amazing game I've ever experienced in my life.

I've never seen the damn smoking section so packed!!!!
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#65 » by Diggr14 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:24 am

Can't beat games 3 and 4 in Milwaukee versus ATL.

The crowd had a lot to do with ATL looking like pure garbage.

Squad 6 + Milwaukee fans = amazing.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#66 » by Soul Patch » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 am

It's still Utah.
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#67 » by carrottop12 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 am

bullzman23 wrote:I was at Philips Arena for games 3 and 6 against Boston. Take it from me, the crowd was ridiculous. Game 6 had the largest crowd in Hawks history.

Yeah, I heard they sold out the lower bowl.
Day in the Life
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#68 » by Day in the Life » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:25 am

OKC. I'm surprised a lot of people aren't saying OKC. I was shocked how loud their crowd was...energy was insane in games 3 and 4.
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#69 » by Soul Patch » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:27 am

The thread was made in 2008. Of course nobody was reppin OKC.
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#70 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 am

Are you serious, a 2 year old thread???
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#71 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:42 am

Retrovision wrote:I think
1. Utah
2. Boston
3. New Orleans
4. Cleveland
5. Atlanta

This is bullsh*t! You got New Orleans in here and they are not even in the playoffs...ding dong.

# 1. MILWAUKEE. There is no arena in the playoffs louder then the Bucks. I am sick of you all overlooking my team. No crowd has more influence for their team. If Bogut was healthy much less Michael Redd and playing well, you would have to crawl out of their it would be so loud and insane.
#2. OKC. The only crowd that comes close to the Bucks crowd is Oklahoma City. I struggled putting them second because this is their first year so I will not argue for the next selection...
#3. Utah. The Jazz is the only arena I might argue that can top the Bucks or OKC crowd.
#4. Cleveland. As much as I hate them, they have some pretty wild fans come playoff time.
#5. Denver or Dallas. The Suns fans are a loud reserved.. Rarely stand for their teams. Boston still nowhere near how they were in the 80's and that is what I compare it to.

Boston Celtics once had the all time best and loudest fans just ahead of the Kings in Arco and the fans in Washington for the Bullets in the late 70's and the Bulls of the Jordan era.
Simply ear splitting as were the Sonics fans under Karl. But the Boston Garder was white hot noise!
It made your hair stand on your neck like the 1973 and 1970 Knicks crowds in the Garden.
The acoustics in the ole' Cow Palace in Oakland/San Francisco made Warriors fans very racous and loud too. I would put them in the top 5 all time a few years back with the Kings, Utah, Dallas, and
perhaps the Pistons.
But today, I say no fans out cheer Bucks fans from start to finish. The garb they wear to the noise they make and the distraction and intimidation they can be to the opposing team...
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#72 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 am

Some of the teams you pick only make it to the playoffs once or twice like my Bucks...

Yes, but when they do get in their fans make a difference! I love watching a playoff series with wild and crazy fans. Perhaps none were more racouse then the Pacers fans during the Jordan era and the Cavs fans up in Richfield Ohio in a colisuem that held 20,000.
And I think we can all agree that the Larry Johnson, and Alonzo Mourning fans in Charolette raised the bar for rock em sock em noise along with fan attendence for an expansion team. They are much like the OKC fans are today...but they team was not playoff bound for many years.
But with no bias, I would have to say the Utah fans are near the top but most of those fans are not as wild and crazy as some other fans with the face paint and the costimes being Mormon fans and a bit reserved. But that is a great basketball arena with fans right on top of you along with the Rose Garden, and in Oakland with Run TMC and Nellie Ball in the 80's, that makes it loud in there when you listen or watch games from there on TV.
Dallas is wild too as I have said. But if anyone cared of followed closely, my own fans in Milwaukee take a back seat to no fan base in the NBA. In fact, in 2001 they were Voted by the Media as the 'Loudest Arena In the NBA!' That was routinely held by the Kings back then...
So Bucks fans can bring the Heat...and you will see that when the Hawks vs Bucks series comes back to the Bradley Center in the town Josh Smith doesn't have anything to do in...when he comes into our House and we whup that tail ....again!

Some say, 'Fear The Deer'.... I think that is too cheesy even for Wisconsonites, I say no, You had better "FEAR OUR CHEER!!!!!"
Salmons to Rose
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#73 » by Salmons to Rose » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
Retrovision wrote:I think
1. Utah
2. Boston
3. New Orleans
4. Cleveland
5. Atlanta

This is bullsh*t! You got New Orleans in here and they are not even in the playoffs...ding dong.

# 1. MILWAUKEE. There is no arena in the playoffs louder then the Bucks. I am sick of you all overlooking my team. No crowd has more influence for their team. If Bogut was healthy much less Michael Redd and playing well, you would have to crawl out of their it would be so loud and insane.
#2. OKC. The only crowd that comes close to the Bucks crowd is Oklahoma City. I struggled putting them second because this is their first year so I will not argue for the next selection...
#3. Utah. The Jazz is the only arena I might argue that can top the Bucks or OKC crowd.
#4. Cleveland. As much as I hate them, they have some pretty wild fans come playoff time.
#5. Denver or Dallas. The Suns fans are a loud reserved.. Rarely stand for their teams. Boston still nowhere near how they were in the 80's and that is what I compare it to.

Boston Celtics once had the all time best and loudest fans just ahead of the Kings in Arco and the fans in Washington for the Bullets in the late 70's and the Bulls of the Jordan era.
Simply ear splitting as were the Sonics fans under Karl. But the Boston Garder was white hot noise!
It made your hair stand on your neck like the 1973 and 1970 Knicks crowds in the Garden.
The acoustics in the ole' Cow Palace in Oakland/San Francisco made Warriors fans very racous and loud too. I would put them in the top 5 all time a few years back with the Kings, Utah, Dallas, and
perhaps the Pistons.
But today, I say no fans out cheer Bucks fans from start to finish. The garb they wear to the noise they make and the distraction and intimidation they can be to the opposing team...

lmao, why would anyone want to read this when you self pwn yourself on the first line. :lol:
Shot Clock
RealGM
And1: 17,443

Post#74 » by Shot Clock » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Nothing compares to the old Chicago Stadium. It would get so loud they couldn't here the whistles or the buzzers.
anyone involved in that meddling to justice”. NO COLLUSION

- DJT
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#75 » by TsunamiZC » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Portland and Utah stand out to me.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#76 » by chuckleslove » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:22 pm

This thread is a great idea but should be locked and restarted imo for this year.

This year from what I've seen:

1a) OKC
1b) Milwaukee
3) Everyone else

I am biased towards Milwaukee but OKC was just a slight step ahead of us, but game 4 in Milwaukee was crazy. I know lots of people who left the arena and said their ears were ringing and/or they had headaches and most of them had no voices on Tuesday. Luckily I have a strong voice from shouting/screaming all season long so I was one of the few that still had a voice the next day.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
HouMac
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#77 » by HouMac » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm

1) Portland
2) OKC
3) Utah
4) Milwaukee
5) Dallas

16) Cleveland
seejaydeja
Lead Assistant
And1: 53

Post#78 » by seejaydeja » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:42 pm

LA and it's not even close.
illiance
RealGM
And1: 507

Post#79 » by illiance » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Golden State hands down is the loudest crowd I've seen in quite some time. Utah's crowd is also pretty awesome.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#80 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:51 pm

the garden was fairly loud in games that didnt even matter down the stretch. imagine playoffs.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o

Return to The General Board