Celtics shout at Bulls after win

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

perfectblack999
Senior
And1: 31

Re: Celtics shout at Bulls after win 

Post#61 » by perfectblack999 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Da-Met wrote:^KG acting like a f'ing moron in your av

the hell is he doing!?

he's being intense LOL

....as a celtic fan i'm actually tired of KG's antics, but trash talkin....thats a part of the game...if you don't wanna hear the talk, shut them up
IanJames
Senior
And1: 10

Post#62 » by IanJames » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:06 am

Rerisen wrote:7th seed riling up the champs pretty good to get such reactions. I don't recall Michael and Scottie cursing out lowly first round opponents. Then again, they were never in such doubt of losing a first round series.

yeah i'm sure jordan neeever talked trash to any lowly first round opponents :roll:
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#63 » by Rerisen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 am

IanJames wrote:
Rerisen wrote:7th seed riling up the champs pretty good to get such reactions. I don't recall Michael and Scottie cursing out lowly first round opponents. Then again, they were never in such doubt of losing a first round series.

yeah i'm sure jordan neeever talked trash to any lowly first round opponents :roll:

Yeah because its really the same thing as what the clown Celtics have been doing. :roll:

Jordan trash talked *during* the game, when doing so actually meant something to demoralize his opponent. He didn't do it in street clothes while he was contributing nothing to his team. And he didn't do after the game, lingering on the court after the game was already won shouting profanities like a teenager at the other team's bench.

Trash talking was generally amusement for Jordan, it was a big game, telling some scrub to take a open jumper or that they couldn't guard him. He wasn't doing some KG pseudo tough guy act.
BULLS4LIFE2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by BULLS4LIFE2 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:19 am

1. None of the Bulls players have commented on this other than Gordon and he said he didnt care

2. As a Bulls fan and someone who has played the game for 22 years and at a high level for the last 7 I'd like to say that while theres nothing wrong with talking trash, and I actually encourage it theres still a code that needs to be followed

a) When you do it in close games it's a lot more acceptable than when youre up by 30pts. The point of talking trash is to throw your opponent off his game, what exactly do you hope to achieve when youre already up by 30?

b) Once the game is over you just leave the court and shut your mouth, show a bit of class especially if youre the defending champs. Are you really that proud that youre up 2-1 against a team starting 2 kids who havent even played in the playoffs before? If the Bulls win Sunday then the series is tied and you look pretty stupid...if the Bulls win then you look even dumber (im not sure if thats possible with that current squad and some of the faces they pull)

Did Jordan talk trash? Sure, but he did it on the court and he was the greatest of all time. I never once read or heard of him shouting things out across to the other team in the locker room/hallway
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#65 » by Rerisen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 am

If Kobe and Lebron are going back and forth exchanging barbs after both nailing clutch shots in the final minutes of a huge game, that ups the ante on entertainment and intensity and makes for good TV and good ratings no doubt.

KG acting up after a game is over repeatedly shouting F-bombs out on the floor at the Bulls scrub benchers is probably not how league execs want to be selling the NBA to the casual fan, no matter if a few young kids thinks its 'hardcore' or 'badass' or whatever.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#66 » by SherronShabazz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:42 am

it's interesting to see peoples opinions on this..

1st off.. i'm a bulls a fan.

i don't mind trash talk..ON THE FLOOR. gordon said things in game 2. noah said something in game 1. its part of the game.

this is different though. i have been in the locker rooms at the united center. the visitor and bulls locker room is not that far apart. to talk trash to a team in the hallway of the united center seems A LOT different than talking on the court. that's some take it to the streets type $h*t.

that's like heckling a guy in the parking lot after you beat him by 25.

the guy who mentioned jordan being a trash talker.. jeez. have you ever heard of jordan walking to the visitor locker room and yelling curse words at his opponent?? he did his talking ON THE COURT.
e in boulder
Junior

Post#67 » by e in boulder » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 am

Rather have a passionate team then those comatose Lakers.

Rather have a passionate team then those coward Bulls.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#68 » by SherronShabazz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:22 am

e in boulder wrote:Rather have a passionate team then those comatose Lakers.

Rather have a passionate team then those coward Bulls.

what makes the lakers comatose? or are they just classy?

what makes the bulls cowards? or are they just less talented?
Juicy Juice
Banned User

Post#69 » by Juicy Juice » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 am

Everyone in this damn thread is clueless. The Celtics were trash talking to the Bulls after the game, and off the court. When you're on the court, trash talking is fine. It's part of the game, and almost everyone does it. However, when you step off the court, then no, it's not okay. That's what makes the Celtics classless. Walking around in the hall way, trash talking like a bunch of little kids is pathetic. Once you get off that court, the game is over.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#70 » by Tirion » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 am

if you lose by 30 pts at home, you deserve to be trash-talked all the way to the parking lot.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,739

Post#71 » by meatball sub » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:42 am

I didn't realize it was in the hallway on the way to the locker room. I thought it was just them jawing after the game was over when you usually see guys exchange a hand shake or two and they're still on the court.

As a C's fan, I'll admit that's **** up. It's also pretty stupid too because it will probably fire up a Bulls team that looked demoralized after the game.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,427

Post#72 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:43 am

Wow. Five pages of gossip about this.
You guys are a bunch of little groupies.
Now go blog about what Kanye wore to an award show.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#73 » by SichtingLives » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:45 am

you children settle down or I'll rifle you back into the time-out dungeon. :evil: :oops: :oops: :evil: :wink:
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
MasterRyu
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by MasterRyu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 am

This is stupid. It's the playoffs. So what. If anything, it should give Bulls (and their fans) inspiration to play harder next time.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,997
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#75 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:15 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Wow. Five pages of gossip about this.

:clap: :clap:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#76 » by SportsWorld » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:17 am

Juicy Juice
Banned User

Post#77 » by Juicy Juice » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:42 am

MasterRyu wrote:This is stupid. It's the playoffs. So what. If anything, it should give Bulls (and their fans) inspiration to play harder next time.

Yeah, us fans played like **** last game. Come on Bulls fans, we need to step up!
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,427

Post#78 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:56 am

SportsWorld wrote:

:lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Harison
Starter

Post#79 » by Harison » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:08 am

I googled a bit and found funny all-time greats trash-talks, I think you'll have a laugh or two as well :wink:

Rodman telling a story about Larry`s trash talk---
"I would be all over him, trying to deny him the ball, and all Larry was doing was yelling at his teammates, I`M OPEN!!! HURRY UP BEFORE THEY NOTICE NOBODY IS GUARDING ME!!!!!!!" then he would stick an elbow in my jaw and stick the jumper in my face, then he would start in on my coach"Coach you better get this guy out and send in somebody who`s going to D me up, becuase its too easy when I`m wide open like this"

During one game on Christmas Day against the Indiana Pacers, before the game Bird told Chuck Person that he would give him a Christmas present. During the game, when Person was on the bench, Bird shot a three-pointer on the baseline right in front of Person. Immediately after the shot, Bird said to Person, "Merry Christmas!", and then the shot went in

In a game against the Seattle SuperSonics with the game all tied up, Bird told Supersonics forward Xavier McDaniel, who was guarding him, exactly where he would hit the game winning shot. After a timeout, Bird made two baseline cuts, then posted in the exact spot he had indicated to McDaniel, paused and turned and hit the shot in his face.

More highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHEWOqdyTg

Someone from the Mavs kept referring to "Irk Nowtzki" in an interview until the reporter said "You mean Dirk", to which they replied "Oh there's no D in Dirk"

Pippen to Malone: The mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays

In a game against the Denver Nuggets, Jordan stepped to the foul line and told rookie Dikembe Mutombo that he would shoot the free throw with his eyes closed. Before he did, he looked at Mutombo and said, ā€œThis oneā€™s for you.ā€ Then he closed his eyes, hit the shot and told Mutombo, ā€œWelcome to the NBA.ā€

:rofl: :bowdown:
Who would win one-on-one in HORSE?

Bird: Nobody beats me in H-O-R-S-E. Besides, Magic cant shoot.

Magic: Larry, you'd have no chance against me one-on-one. I've got too many ways to beat you. Plus, as slow as I am, I'm still faster than you.

:lol:
Muzzleshot
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#80 » by Muzzleshot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 am

I wonder if NBA teams have psychologists on staff to deal with such trash talking. It can't be good for the Bulls confidence for the rest of the playoffs. Here's hoping that the Bulls players are alright and nobody got their feelings hurt.

Return to The General Board