Is Lebron becoming More Hated than Kobe?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Dat Pass
Assistant Coach
And1: 46

Re: Is Lebron becoming More Hated than Kobe? 

Post#121 » by Dat Pass » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 pm

I didnt bother reading most of this thread, but how the hell did the Gasol trade get brought up? And besides, what do you want from us Laker fans, to admit that we ripped off the Grizzlies? Fine, Ill admit that. Now what? Am I supposed to feel bad for them? I dont understand what the point is. So what we ripped them off in that trade.. Good. Our front office did an outstanding job in getting a great player at minimal cost, thats their job. It made the Lakers an even better contendor. Does that make Kobe a worse player?

Anyway, back on topic. I dont hate LeBron, but Im sick of hearing and reading about him. The media has shoved him down our throats before he was even drafted. I hate the nickname King James, especially cause he hasnt won sh**. I hate that he throws up dust before every game, it just screams "look at me". I dont necessarily mind that he didnt shake the Magic's hands, but justifying it a week later by saying "Its because Im a winner", is a douche thing to say. And so is ditching his team after the game.. And the whole confiscated dunk tape was pretty bad too.
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#122 » by mike_miller » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:36 pm

kobe has a crappy personality. lebron doesnt. i mean i like both players alot but i can see why kobe has the rap he has. and hates a stong word. i think most people just dont like kobe on a personal level.

you dont have to be cool to be a good basketball player or even a great basketball player..you do have to be cool to be universally loved and kobe from all indications is kind of a dork.

the spike lee movie was a really bad view into what he think himself to be perceived as.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#123 » by Mikistan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:06 pm

I seriously loved Lebron when he came into the league. But as time passed I started to dislike him.

The game is too easy for him, he is too big, too fast and too skilled for people to stop him correctly.

I think a lot of fans see the way he dominates and they cannot trully relate to him - just like most people cannot relate to bigmen (and in conclusion why big men aren't as marketable). So now people look at Kobe and his silky smooth game and see that he can get contained (see Celtics defense last year) there is something a bit more mortal about him.

Lebron is just too much of a freak for me to appreciate him as much as I did. However, when he hit that game winner against the Magic, I thought to myself 'Damn... I feel like I am watching history right now.'

I guess he didn't have the 'MJ' magic to take it all the way though - I thought the cavs were taking it all after that shot.
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#124 » by Dat Pass » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Mikistan wrote:The game is too easy for him, he is too big, too fast and too skilled for people to stop him correctly.

So now people look at Kobe and his silky smooth game and see that he can get contained (see Celtics defense last year) there is something a bit more mortal about him.

Wait.. what? Did you miss the Cavs-Celtics series last year? Or their trip to the Finals agaisnt the Spurs? Yea, LeBron can definitly be contained as well. That Game 1 agaisnt the Celtics where he shot 2-18 with 10 turnovers was pretty bad.
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#125 » by Brenice » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Hate is a strong word, but I dislike the fact that despite LeBron being unstoppable, refs let him get away with travelling to boot. So that is a real unfair advantage. Couple that with the fact that despite how good he is, he expects the refs to cheat for him. The refs have gotten better though n regards to LeBron. He still whines if he doesn't get the calls though, so he as good as his talent is, he cries to the refs for help.
jaypo
Lead Assistant
And1: 436

Post#126 » by jaypo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Kobe elbows people in the face, but when those people protest, they get kicked out of games. So what. Star players always get star calls. But Lebron does take more of a physical beating than most players because of his size advantage. And if the refs would have a conspiracy FOR Lebron, don't you think that they would have somehow arranged for a Kobe-Lebron finals? People hate Lebron for the same reason they hate Peyton Manning- because he is great. People even went as far as saying that they hated Manning because he made too many commercials. Come on! Remember "If I could be like Mike? " Yet not many hate MJ. People have to hate someone, and usually, it's the person that gets all the attention, like Lebron. But what I don't understand is how an admitted adulterer and probable anal rapist is now the face of the League. Know why? Because people are sheep. Kobe has a pretty jump shot, so they love him. He won the title, but had the best team in the league around him. Had Lebron been in that role, he would have won as well.

Sorry, I'm going on a rant.
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by Dat Pass » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

jaypo wrote:Kobe elbows people in the face, but when those people protest, they get kicked out of games.

Oh please, if your refering to the Kobe-Artest thing Kobe elbowed him in the chest not the face. GTFO. And they were battling for a rebound, that ish happens all the time. Artest got kicked out cause he wouldnt leave it alone.

jaypo wrote:People hate Lebron for the same reason they hate Peyton Manning- because he is great.

Not true. I dislike LeBron because he acts like a child. He dances around while he's winning, but cant show respect to the other team when he loses. People call him the King even though hes never won a damn thing. He justifies being a poor sport because, "he's a winner". He ditches his team at a press conference, and then weeks later has a tape of him getting dunked on confiscated. Sounds like a real cool guy to me. :roll:

jaypo wrote:But what I don't understand is how an admitted adulterer and probable anal rapist is now the face of the League. Know why? Because people are sheep. Kobe has a pretty jump shot, so they love him. He won the title, but had the best team in the league around him. Had Lebron been in that role, he would have won as well.

Oh please, nearly every NBA player has committed adultery. It doesnt make it right, but if your going to hate Kobe for it, then you better hate 85% of the NBA. Get over it.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#128 » by Mikistan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 pm

jaypo wrote:But what I don't understand is how an admitted adulterer and probable anal rapist is now the face of the League. Know why? Because people are sheep.

Look up the definition for 'alleged.'
jaypo
Lead Assistant
And1: 436

Post#129 » by jaypo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Look up the definition for "didn't go to court to save the embarrasment". Or "pay the victim off". Regardless, he is still an adulterer. That came from his own mouth. If I heard 85% of the rest of the NBA, then I wouldn't respect them either. But I haven't. Fact is, I heard it from Kobe's. Plus, I have read a lot of things that make me believe that he did rape her anally. It's my educated opinion based on information I've read including the entire police transcript which included Kobe's conversation with the police.

Lebron acts like a child? What about Kobe's fist pump? What about his "scowl" that was so widely publicized? It's all forms of celebration based on emotion. There's nothing wrong with any of it. Did you criticize MJ for his jumping, continuous fist pump after his game winning shot over Craig Ehlo? Well then why criticize Lebron?

Did you think that Isiah was any less of a player for not shaking hands with the Bulls after they beat them? I don't condone unsportsmanlike conduct, but if you hate 1 player for it, you should hate all players that do it.

Lebron actually won a damn thing. He was the MVP. He won 66 games. He hasn't won a title, but neither has Iverson, and people have been calling him "The Answer" for years. Do you hate every player with a nickname? BTW, the media dubbed him "King James". Don't hate the playa. Hate the game.

Return to The General Board