What Happened To 'No Comment'

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

What Happened To 'No Comment' 

Post#1 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 am

I am sick and tired of Wade and Lebron talking about their upcoming free agency campaigns instead of just saying they dont wanna talk about it, or no comment, or something other then what they are doing. Right now i can tell both of them are just in love with the attention and cant wait to be wined and dined by teams knowing good and damn well they are both going to Re-sign with their respective teams. Anyone else think players should be fined for even commenting on the situation? Not trying to start a flame war BTW.
SadKingsFan
RealGM

Re: What Happened To 'No Comment' 

Post#2 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 am

"If I was gung ho about money I would sign back (with the Heat) right now," Wade said. "It's not really necessarily about that for me, it's putting myself in a position where I'm successful and can win.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... situation/
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#3 » by MaryvalesFinest » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 am

The media wouldn't have any stories to write about on ESPN or show on sportscenter if players just said "no comment" :lol:
Neal04
Junior

Post#4 » by Neal04 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 am

MaryvalesFinest wrote:The media wouldn't have any stories to write about on ESPN or show on sportscenter if players just said "no comment" :lol:

LOL Marbury crossed out Yao and broke his ankles.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#5 » by Patterns » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 am

SadKingsFan wrote:I am sick and tired of Wade and Lebron talking about their upcoming free agency campaigns instead of just saying they dont wanna talk about it, or no comment, or something other then what they are doing. Right now i can tell both of them are just in love with the attention and cant wait to be wined and dined by teams knowing good and damn well they are both going to Re-sign with their respective teams. Anyone else think players should be fined for even commenting on the situation? Not trying to start a flame war BTW.

Trust me. Professional journalists can get you to talk, especially the ones hired by ESPN. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the top ESPN journalists have Ph.Ds in psychology. Plus, if you say no comment, the whole ESPN will slam you for it. ESPN has a lot of power and players know that. A good image from ESPN can mean $5 million endorsement deals to no deal.

Return to The General Board