Foxsports top 10 pgs ever

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Re: Foxsports top 10 pgs ever 

Post#21 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Sep 1, 2009 5:00 am

Do you think Nash would trade away an MVP for another award like cards

I have 2 of these. I'll trade you for one of your rings
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Rebel INS
Sixth Man
And1: 736

Post#22 » by Rebel INS » Tue Sep 1, 2009 5:08 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Nash has a ring from 07. Stern stole it from him

lol this conspiracy theory never made any sense to me. If the league was going to rig it either way, you'd think it'd be for the dynamic, high scoring, fastbreak team instead of the halfcourt, methodical one that casual basketball viewers didn't want to watch

Unless Stern is just out to pad the career accomplishments of media sensation and marketing icon Tim Duncan while bringing in the big bucks from the massive San Antonio media market
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#23 » by kwamebargnani » Tue Sep 1, 2009 5:17 am

retrospect24 wrote:Payton > Nash, and its not even close.
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#24 » by CapeCrusader » Tue Sep 1, 2009 6:08 am

No way Payton is over Nash, Payton was sick back in the day but lets be real. Nash won back to back MVP awards and won one over one of the best or maybe the best Centre of all time. I also think Nash should be ahead of Kidd but thats debatable.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#25 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Sep 1, 2009 6:26 am

CapeCrusader wrote:No way Payton is over Nash, Payton was sick back in the day but lets be real. Nash won back to back MVP awards and won one over one of the best or maybe the best Centre of all time. I also think Nash should be ahead of Kidd but thats debatable.

a. nash deserved one MVP at MOST, 0 could be argued..
b. you act like shaq was primed the year nash beat him out, first off he clearly wasn't, second, shaq deserved to win it over him.. and also, shaq is not the best center of all time, not even maybe the best-- though this is irrelevant
c. nash over kidd? are you insane? not only is/was kidd the superior playmaker, he was a star on multiple teams in multiple offenses, he was a far far superior defender, he took some pretty average nets teams to the finals (back to back years)in his 1st two seasons with the team.. the year before his 1st season with the finals? hows 26 wins sound? so without him, they were arguably the worst team in the game, and with him the next season they immediately made the finals.. this is an obvious case of someone underrating kidd simply because what is fresh in their mind is him declining on the mavs atm

if i had a choice of any of the 3, id go with kidd followed by payton, then nash.. i think any reasonable gm would do the same
SonicMcMahon
Pro Prospect
And1: 438

Post#26 » by SonicMcMahon » Tue Sep 1, 2009 7:00 am

To above,

I agree that Kidd deserves to be there over Nash, but calling him a superior playmaker is questionable. I'd put either one of them near tops all-time.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#27 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 1, 2009 1:59 pm

Nash has 4 seasons in which he shot at least 50% from field, 40% from 3pt, and 90% from FT line. He missed it a fifth time a few seasons ago by shooting 89.9% from FT line. I think he is the greatest shooter ever.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#28 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 1, 2009 2:01 pm

Rebel INS wrote:

lol this conspiracy theory never made any sense to me. If the league was going to rig it either way, you'd think it'd be for the dynamic, high scoring, fastbreak team instead of the halfcourt, methodical one that casual basketball viewers didn't want to watch

Unless Stern is just out to pad the career accomplishments of media sensation and marketing icon Tim Duncan while bringing in the big bucks from the massive San Antonio media market

I don't think it was a conspiracy. It was just Stern's outrageous stupidity to enforce such a rule so strictly. A terrible decision.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#29 » by DraftBoy10 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 5:09 pm

Rebel INS wrote:

I agree & disagree.

One, I agree there's no conspiracy, it's just something Suns fans can feel as an excuse. Truth is Amare broke the rules, it's fair game.

Second of all, within domestic US, the Spurs don't bring much media market, but internationally it's huge. The ratings within US were poor for the 05 finals, but the ratings within the world were huge, the market for Spurs is big outside the US(in Argentina and france, etc.)
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#30 » by Laimbeer » Tue Sep 1, 2009 8:29 pm

Thomas over Stockton for those interested in winning. Or having the most talented palyer.
canguy20m
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#31 » by canguy20m » Tue Sep 1, 2009 8:36 pm

shooting, passing skills, mvps gets Nash in the top 10.
if Kidd played his entire career in the west his team accomplishments might look similar to Nash's.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Bucs80 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 9:26 pm

Wait a minute, Nash didn't become So good until he went the Suns. and even there he had a damn all-star team. Quentin Richardson/Joe Johnson/Shawn Marion/Amare Stoudamire. Before that point he was 2nd/3rd option with the Mavs with Dirk and Finley. Jason Kidd was the best player where ever he went until this late portion of his career. He made the damn nets go to the finals in back-to-back years, and that team was a garbage team.

Jason Kidd has always been considered a top 10 players since the 90's, rather than Nash who's only been a top 10 player for only 3-4 years. I mean come on now man....
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#33 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:49 pm

Bucs80 wrote:Wait a minute, Nash didn't become So good until he went the Suns. and even there he had a damn all-star team. Quentin Richardson/Joe Johnson/Shawn Marion/Amare Stoudamire. Before that point he was 2nd/3rd option with the Mavs with Dirk and Finley. Jason Kidd was the best player where ever he went until this late portion of his career. He made the damn nets go to the finals in back-to-back years, and that team was a garbage team.

Jason Kidd has always been considered a top 10 players since the 90's, rather than Nash who's only been a top 10 player for only 3-4 years. I mean come on now man....

It needs to be mentioned that the Suns won something like only 30 games the year before Nash joined the team
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#34 » by Bucs80 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 1:59 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
Bucs80 wrote:Wait a minute, Nash didn't become So good until he went the Suns. and even there he had a damn all-star team. Quentin Richardson/Joe Johnson/Shawn Marion/Amare Stoudamire. Before that point he was 2nd/3rd option with the Mavs with Dirk and Finley. Jason Kidd was the best player where ever he went until this late portion of his career. He made the damn nets go to the finals in back-to-back years, and that team was a garbage team.

It needs to be mentioned that the Suns won something like only 30 games the year before Nash joined the team

True.... But Jason Kidd won with worse talent on that Nets team than Steve Nash had with the Suns. I'm sure if you put Kidd in that same position he would had led the Suns to a Championship. I think he is just a better player than Nash and would make it happen.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran

Post#35 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:19 am

I don't know if this makes sense, but Nash was the better "pg" then Payton was but I would rather have Payton on my team any day of the week. You put Payton and a decent defensive shooting guard and have a roaming big man ala Ben Wallace type, and you automatically have the best defense in the league. Payton was so good that his big men didn't have to worry about protecting his a$$ from guys getting around them, so they could concentrate on their own guys.
LebronsCavs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#36 » by LebronsCavs » Wed Sep 2, 2009 6:51 am

Nash>>>>>Kidd. This is law.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#37 » by Dupp » Thu Sep 3, 2009 11:09 am

semi-sentient wrote:Put me in with the Payton over Nash crowd.

i like nash but that pic is pretty good
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#38 » by Optms » Thu Sep 3, 2009 11:27 am

The thing is Nash didn't get thrown into one of the best point guards out there until he went to Phoenix. I strongly doubt he'd have had the same success playing in any other system. He has a 15ppg, 7 apg career average with Dallas. Hardly what I would call amazing.
fisher
Junior
And1: 0

Post#39 » by fisher » Thu Sep 3, 2009 11:51 am

Bucs80 wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

True.... But Jason Kidd won with worse talent on that Nets team than Steve Nash had with the Suns. I'm sure if you put Kidd in that same position he would had led the Suns to a Championship. I think he is just a better player than Nash and would make it happen.

While that may be true, the Nets played in the East which at the time was a lot weaker than the Western Conference. Put those Suns teams in the Eastern Conference and they most likely make the Finals.
Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#40 » by Zin5 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 12:31 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

It needs to be mentioned that the Nets won only 26 games the year before Kidd joined the team, then went on to 52 and the NBA Finals the next year. Kidd's really going to be underrated historically because of his last few years and the fact that he got robbed of an MVP or two, unlike Nash who stole one or two.
#loveboston

Return to The General Board