Wade: "It's not my fault Miami drafted me at No. 5"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

DC2
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Wade: "It's not my fault Miami drafted me at No. 5" 

Post#101 » by DC2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:09 pm

farzi wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see Wade / Rose backcourt as a good thing so much? Talented sure..but ehh

I agree, there would be no shooting in the backcourt which isn't a good idea. They would pretty much have to get rid of Deng (he can't shoot) for a great three point shooter.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#102 » by nitric0 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Dunleavy17 wrote:
farzi wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see Wade / Rose backcourt as a good thing so much? Talented sure..but ehh

I agree, there would be no shooting in the backcourt which isn't a good idea. They would pretty much have to get rid of Deng (he can't shoot) for a great three point shooter.

Deng can't shoot? Lol that's a first
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#103 » by Cevap » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:19 pm

wade could do a lot worse then having riley as a GM. Over and over he's proven that he can get great players to miami so why should he leave?
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#104 » by BFRESH44 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Cevap wrote:wade could do a lot worse then having riley as a GM. Over and over he's proven that he can get great players to miami so why should he leave?

When Miami signs Amare outright through Free Agency on the eve of the 2010 Free Agecy period, and re-sign Wade to his desired 6 year max deal. People will realize this.

Pat Riley with cap flexibility? ? Hahaha, he will not fail.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#105 » by Cevap » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:29 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
Cevap wrote:wade could do a lot worse then having riley as a GM. Over and over he's proven that he can get great players to miami so why should he leave?

When Miami signs Amare outright through Free Agency on the eve of the 2010 Free Agecy period, and re-sign Wade to his desired 6 year max deal. People will realize this.

Pat Riley with cap flexibility? ? Hahaha, he will not fail.

I have no doubt that that will happen next year. OK, maybe not wade signing for the whole 6 years, but him and Amare will be in Miami come 2010
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#106 » by BFRESH44 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Wade is 28 years old. Smack dab in his prime. He will absolutely sign a 6 year deal(Approx. 120 million). He's not leaving any guranteed bank on the table, you kidding me.
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#107 » by The Main Event » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Ito wrote:Wade with the Bulls.. Lebron with the Brooklyn Nets.. this next decade is going to be great

Ficksed.
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#108 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Think the most locked in player to return to their respective team at this point is Chris Bosh. With Lebron it's all about the title, with Wade it's about being a consistent threat for the title, for Amare seems like it's about the money, but with Bosh he just wants a team that can compete. To me Bosh hasn't hit the NEED point yet at his age where he wants a title and nothing else, right now I see him just wanting to be comfortable and be on a team that can produce enough wins so the media doesn't come down on him.

With all the over the top posts by Rap fans their team has put together a strong roster. Down playing the ability of Hedo is just dumb and the one gripe on that team for quite some time in back-up wing depth has been fixed. Where they fall in the playoffs is one thing but I can't see a Turk/Bosh combo with the potential of Derozan not getting in. I like J.O. as a player but even when he went there they had holes this team is better than the previous.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#109 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:30 pm

The funny part is, if Miami drafts Lopez last year, there isn't even talk of Wade leaving.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
thefranchise03
Junior
And1: 43

Post#110 » by thefranchise03 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:28 am

beasley is going to be an all star
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#111 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:34 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:The funny part is, if Miami drafts Lopez last year, there isn't even talk of Wade leaving.

right :roll: :lol:
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#112 » by nitric0 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:42 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:The funny part is, if Miami drafts Lopez last year, there isn't even talk of Wade leaving.

Are you implying Brook Lopez is better than Michael Beasley :D
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#113 » by That Nicka » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:30 am

Lopez had a better rookie season than Beasley
Deepness5134
Analyst
And1: 58

Post#114 » by Deepness5134 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:57 am

miamiballer wrote:its hilarious that ppl just say wade is going to chicago and dimiss that he can resign with miami and that miami has an extra 22 mil to work with

ppl say miami didnt improve, but did chicago? they lost ben gordon, arguably their best player next season

sorry, i just cant see wade leaving, hes said numerous times that he wants to stay in miami and that thats his # 1 choice, hes just waiting til 2010 to see whats going on

i see miami trying to add one of bosh, amare or lebron 1st and if that falls through then they can sign boozer and josh howard or something to that extent to add to beasley and chalmers

What the hell does that have to do w/ Wade signing. I'd say that the fact gordon is gone is a better indication of trying to sign Wade. If gordon was still on the team...what the hell would our starting lineup be?
Rose at Point
Gordon at Shooting
Wade at Small Forward

Who's to say that the Bulls don't sign Amare and Wade as well. JR has said multiple times that he'd pay for a winning team. Signing Gordon wasn't gonna make us a winning team. Signing Wade/Amare will.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dismiss the fact that Wade will resign and we'll strike out. But don't you dismiss the fact that he actually leaves if he's not winning
Add me! https://twitter.com/GDaul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deepness5134
Analyst

Post#115 » by Deepness5134 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:59 am

nitric0 wrote:

Are you implying Brook Lopez is better than Michael Beasley :D

I don't know about potential, but for sure Lopez was better than Beasley last year.
Add me! https://twitter.com/GDaul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#116 » by boogydown » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:29 am

Dunleavy17 wrote:

I agree. They would have to get rid of Deng. Wade + Rose have not been consistent 3PT shooters throughout their career, and they would need some type of Rashard Lewis type player who can hit the 3. However, they have that guy. His name is John Salmons. He maybe older, but he can definitely handle the SF spot.

I say they need to go the route of trading Deng, Tyrus, and or Hinrich for a PF before trade deadline, and all they need to do is add Wade during the summer. They can trade other pieces for filler pieces.

2010 Outlook
Rose - Pargo
Wade - 3PT Shooting SG
Salmons - Johnson
Bosh/Amare/Boozer - Tyrus?
Noah - Asik
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#117 » by Flash3 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 am

If we go back in time, there's nearly a 95% chance if not more that Riley does select Lopez, especially with his infatuation with big men.

But, at that time Beasley and Rose were 1/2. It's as simple as that.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Wade2k6
RealGM

Post#118 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:45 am

You go BPA in the draft, and Beasley was and is the best player after Rose.
Deepness5134
Analyst

Post#119 » by Deepness5134 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 am

Wade2k6 wrote:You go BPA in the draft, and Beasley was and is the best player after Rose.

I do agree, the problem is that I think it's gonna take him time to finish developing. What's interesting is that you can def. see parallels between him and tyrus on the bulls. Both players had tremendous potential (obviously Beasley more so than tyrus), but it was going to take time for those players for develop. Granted Tyrus didn't pan out...but the same concept applies here.

Whats tough for you guys is that you need Beasley to pan out sooner than later to "lure" wade into staying. I'm not saying he'd leave, I'm just saying it would be pretty tough to walk away from a 20/10 beasley than an 8/8 (w/ flashes of brilliance).
Wade2k6
RealGM

Post#120 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 am

Beasley has always and will always be a much more talented and more skilled player. Tyrus was an under the radar prospect whose stock rose greatly because of his play in the NCAA tournament. Beasley has always been one of the top players or 2 in his class and throughout his college career.

And Beasley put up 14-5 in 24 minutes, people act like those are bad numbers given his playing time. When Beasley played over 30 minutes he put up something like 19 and 7.

Return to The General Board