Kobe Play-Off Player of the Decade

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

wreck
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Kobe Play-Off Player of the Decade 

Post#241 » by wreck » Wed Dec 9, 2009 9:32 pm

eatyourchildren wrote:Using averages for an entire 10decade-period isn't very smart in terms of winning statistics arguments. Just thought I'd point that out, mysticbb/wreck.

Really? I never knew that! Also, ole knowledgeable one, explain to me how a guy (LeBron) can post superior statistics across the board compared to another guy (Bryant), yet the lesser guy is still regarded as the better player.

I hope that isn't too difficult a task for you :D
yongaz
Starter
And1: 150

Post#242 » by yongaz » Wed Dec 9, 2009 9:39 pm

wreck wrote:
Ball Boy wrote:Hey wreck, read that.

Stop conviently skipping over posts that prove you wrong.

:confused: I saw your post. Why would I skip over it? Maybe you didn't see MY post.

wreck wrote:mbb,

Thanks for posting the stats but unfortunately, it was a waste of time. Bryant fans and their lack of knowledge are unprecedented. You hit BB with the facts, backing what I say, and his mind still cannot comprehend.

:lol: :lol:

this is when you know it's not worth your time arguing (unless you want your intelligence lowered)
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach
And1: 46

Post#243 » by Dat Pass » Wed Dec 9, 2009 9:39 pm

wreck wrote:
Ball Boy wrote:Hey wreck, read that.

Stop conviently skipping over posts that prove you wrong.

:confused: I saw your post. Why would I skip over it? Maybe you didn't see MY post.

wreck wrote:mbb,

Thanks for posting the stats but unfortunately, it was a waste of time. Bryant fans and their lack of knowledge are unprecedented. You hit BB with the facts, backing what I say, and his mind still cannot comprehend.

Your just baiting.. And im not falling for it.

You said Kobe's stats go down once playoff time comes, I posted 7 years of Kobe's career that proved you wrong. Im sorry you cant understand that.

And besides, its been proven as well that LeBrons stats ACTUALLY go down once the playoffs come, but again, you choose to completely bypass that like those stats dont exist.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#244 » by Bucs80 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 10:11 pm

I don't think Stats are really something to look at for Kobe vs. Lebron

I just know now... That to me, Lebron James has been a better than Kobe for since last year. Don't get me wrong, Kobe was better than him for the previous 3. But Now Lebron has just put it to a higher level in which I've never seen any other basketball player do.

But back on topic. Duncan, the edge over Kobe and Shaq. He's shown up big time in big games in the playoffs, and has dominated the floor and has 2 Finals MVP's to go with a perfect 3/3 of the decade in championships.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
LebronsCavs
Banned User

Post#245 » by LebronsCavs » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 am

Ball Boy wrote:And besides, its been proven as well that LeBrons stats ACTUALLY go down once the playoffs come, but again, you choose to completely bypass that like those stats dont exist.

lol wut? His ppg, apg, rpg, and PER are all up from the regular season. He is averaging a mind boggling 29.4 ppg 8.3 rpg, 7.3 apg in his playoff career and a PER of 26.8 (3rd all time).
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#246 » by semi-sentient » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 pm

How in the world have LeBron and Dirk made it into this discussion?

You guys are a bunch of bozos. There are only 3 players that need to be talked about in this thread, and that's Duncan, Kobe, and Shaq.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
wreck
Banned User

Post#247 » by wreck » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:44 pm

LebronsCavs wrote:
Ball Boy wrote:And besides, its been proven as well that LeBrons stats ACTUALLY go down once the playoffs come, but again, you choose to completely bypass that like those stats dont exist.

lol wut? His ppg, apg, rpg, and PER are all up from the regular season. He is averaging a mind boggling 29.4 ppg 8.3 rpg, 7.3 apg in his playoff career and a PER of 26.8 (3rd all time).

LC,

Don't mind him. He's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. :lol:

semi-sentient wrote:How in the world have LeBron and Dirk made it into this discussion?

You guys are a bunch of bozos. There are only 3 players that need to be talked about in this thread, and that's Duncan, Kobe, and Shaq.

Nah, only Shaq and Duncan belong in the thread but if people want to bring Bryant into the equation, why not Billups, Nowitzki and LeBron? The thread was about playoff player of the decade not "Players that were lucky enough to play on a championship team(s) this decade"
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#248 » by Dat Pass » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:55 pm

wreck wrote:
LebronsCavs wrote:

LC,

semi-sentient wrote:How in the world have LeBron and Dirk made it into this discussion?

Nah, only Shaq and Duncan belong in the thread but if people want to bring Bryant into the equation, why not Billups, Nowitzki and LeBron? The thread was about playoff player of the decade not "Players that were lucky enough to play on a championship team(s) this decade"

Averaging out the total numbers doesnt really tell you the whole story. LeBron played better in the playoffs than the regular season in both 06 and 09, but clearly played worse in the playoffs in 07 and 08. (Shot barely 41% both those years in the playoffs)

And Kobe is in this thread because: He has more Finals appearances, more playoff wins, more series wins, more points, more steals, more assists and just as many rings as anyone in the past decade.
whatagame
Ballboy

Post#249 » by whatagame » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 pm

wreck wrote:
LebronsCavs wrote:

LC,

Lol, c'mon man, there's a huge difference between kobe's playoff resume and Billups and Lebron's. Also, to imply that kobe was simply "lucky enough" to be on championship teams just makes it seem like you have'nt actually been paying attention the last 10 years.kobe was an integral part of t hose championship squads, and the clear cut leader of the most recent one.One could say Duncan was lucky enough to play with the Admiral, Manu, Parker and get coached by Pop, if u want to play that game. Shaq was "lucky" enough to play with Kobe and Wade, and for Phil, cuz the big guys fingers were pretty empty prior to hooking up with those 3. If we're talking the last 10 years, it can't be shaq. A decade is more then just 4 years.
NYK 455
General Manager
And1: 161

Post#250 » by NYK 455 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Honestly, it's a 2 player discussion between Shaq and Duncan.
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#251 » by Dat Pass » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:54 pm

NYK 455 wrote:

Yea, the guy that has THE MOST Finals appearances, playoff wins, series wins, points, steals, assists and rings in the entire decade shouldnt even be in the discussion. Makes complete sense.

I cant wait for you're pathetic "Finals MVP" argument again... :roll:
NYK 455
General Manager

Post#252 » by NYK 455 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Ball Boy wrote:
NYK 455 wrote:

Yea, the guy that has THE MOST Finals appearances, playoff wins, series wins, points, steals, assists and rings in the entire decade shouldnt even be in the discussion. Makes complete sense.

You're still pushing that? Most of the accolades(not all) came playing next to Shaq, who was easily the best player on that team. Not to mention the fact that Duncan and Shaq were just flat out better players and had more impact on the game than Kobe.
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#253 » by Dat Pass » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:06 pm

NYK 455 wrote:
Ball Boy wrote:Yea, the guy that has THE MOST Finals appearances, playoff wins, series wins, points, steals, assists and rings in the entire decade shouldnt even be in the discussion. Makes complete sense.

You're still pushing that? Most of the accolades(not all) came playing next to Shaq, who was easily the best player on that team. Not to mention the fact that Duncan and Shaq were just flat out better players and had more impact on the game than Kobe.

Wait, so he only got those points, steals and assists because of Shaq? Last time I checked, Kobe's stats are actually better since then. And again, Im not sure how many times this needs to be said, but apparently you aren't getting it. This is a DECADE award. Shaq and Duncan have been pretty quiet in the playoffs the past 3-4 years. Kobe's been in back-to-back Finals.

Shaq hasnt been out of the 1st round in 4 years. And Duncan won the Finals 3 years ago, but it was his teammate that won the Finals MVP.

Im not saying Kobe is the best playoff player this decade, but saying that he shouldnt even be in the discussion is just absurd.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#254 » by semi-sentient » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:18 pm

wreck wrote:Nah, only Shaq and Duncan belong in the thread but if people want to bring Bryant into the equation, why not Billups, Nowitzki and LeBron? The thread was about playoff player of the decade not "Players that were lucky enough to play on a championship team(s) this decade"

Welcome to ignore.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#255 » by Ballings7 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Duncan, Shaq, then Kobe

Duncan's impact as a big man (defense, rebounding, increased inside offense), as well as his constant leadership, puts him over Kobe, as well as always being the top guy. Then of course you have the rings and finals mvps.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#256 » by tha_rock220 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

It has to be Duncan. Kobe's failure to make the playoffs in 05, two first round exits, and his clear cut 2nd option status early in the decade kind of make it hard for him to be above Duncan or even Shaq.
Luv those Knicks wrote:you were right
Dat Pass
Assistant Coach

Post#257 » by Dat Pass » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 pm

tha_rock220 wrote:It has to be Duncan. Kobe's failure to make the playoffs in 05, two first round exits, and his clear cut 2nd option status early in the decade kind of make it hard for him to be above Duncan or even Shaq.

You cant be serious.. Shaq didnt make the playoffs last year.. before that he had 2 first round exits including being swept.. And he was Wade's 2nd option in 05 and 06. Thats half the decade right there.
yongaz
Starter
And1: 150

Post#258 » by yongaz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Ball Boy wrote:
NYK 455 wrote:
Ball Boy wrote:Yea, the guy that has THE MOST Finals appearances, playoff wins, series wins, points, steals, assists and rings in the entire decade shouldnt even be in the discussion. Makes complete sense.

Wait, so he only got those points, steals and assists because of Shaq? Last time I checked, Kobe's stats are actually better since then. And again, Im not sure how many times this needs to be said, but apparently you aren't getting it. This is a DECADE award. Shaq and Duncan have been pretty quiet in the playoffs the past 3-4 years. Kobe's been in back-to-back Finals.

Shaq hasnt been out of the 1st round in 4 years. And Duncan won the Finals 3 years ago, but it was his teammate that won the Finals MVP.

Im not saying Kobe is the best playoff player this decade, but saying that he shouldnt even be in the discussion is just absurd.

Leave it alone BB... you're just wasting your breath. The haters are either just baiting, or just plain ignorant / unsmart.

Save your debates with posters that are worth debating over. :beer:
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#259 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:I find it funny at the length insecure kobe fanboys and haters will go thru to try and one up each other...

Yup... Thursday... and I am still laughing...
NYK 455
General Manager

Post#260 » by NYK 455 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 pm

I realize that this is a decade award, but the fact of the matter is Shaq and Duncan accomplished more from 2000-2007 than Kobe did for the decade. I'm not trying to take anything away from Kobe's accolades or stats, I was just stating that for most of his success he was not the man on his team. You can't be player of the decade when for most of your success you weren't even the best player on your team. Shaq and Duncan have more accolades, and were just flat out better. That's not to take away from Kobe, he is third, but a somewhat distant third.

Return to The General Board