Will Andrew Bynum finally all Star? He deserves it?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Black Sheep
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Will Andrew Bynum finally all Star? He deserves it? 

Post#41 » by Black Sheep » Sun Jan 3, 2010 10:20 pm

dcash4 wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:one step at a time
lets just be glad he has not gotten injured so far

and i do agree that he needs to man up and stop having people making excuses for him and play with heart.

first he was sick
then his knee was affecting him
then he misses Rambis

it reminds me of when I was in elementary school and I would skip days and have my mom write an absent note for me saying I was sick.

bynum has never made excuses and always takes responsibility when talking with the media. the only reason people knew he was sick or missing rambis is cause phil jackson talked about it, and i highly doubt anyone wants to claim that bynum can make jackson throw out excuses for him. jackson is always critical of bynum whenever the opportunity presents itself.

yeah I know that

but i think the reason phil is making the excuses is because if he really admitted that nothing was wrong with bynum then bynum would continue to play as bad as he is. he is trying to motivate him and help him build that confidence again.

bynum is the type of guy if fans turned on him. he wouldnt be like "yea I am going to prove these muthfkers wrong" he would instead say "they turned on me. screw them i am gonna continue to play bad to rub it in their faces"

thats the attitude he brings.
he is so big that he should be grabbing 8 rebounds a game in his sleep.
the 5 rebounds he is averaging this month is pathetic.
dunleavyjr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Tmac is just as good as Kobe.

Proud Laker fan since 1998
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#42 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Jan 3, 2010 10:36 pm

He fell off tremendously from his hot start, so he definitely won't be an All-Star this year, but I don't think the kid just got lazy and unmotivated out of no where like everyone else seems to think. I think his upper-respiratory infection and knee has bothered him more than people think. His energy level went down big time, even having trouble doing what he loves to do, score.

To further back this up, you think he'd be pumped to play in his hometown in NJ with many friends and family members attending. It was obvious too as we fed him the ball the first few possessions of the game. What did he do? Fouled out in 10 minutes. To people saying trade him, no thanks. Even though he's played 5 seasons everyone seems to forget that the kid is still only 22. He'll be an All-Star very soon.
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User

Post#43 » by KOBE_PAUER » Mon Jan 4, 2010 12:03 am

Two thoughts, Conley-Marc Gasol, Hinrich-Noah for the Lakers. Trade Bynum.
Black Sheep
Junior

Post#44 » by Black Sheep » Mon Jan 4, 2010 6:50 am

with gasol injured with the new hamstring injury, I think bynum does his 20-10 without him in the lineup
dunleavyjr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Tmac is just as good as Kobe.

Proud Laker fan since 1998
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,321

Post#45 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 4, 2010 6:54 am

Black Sheep wrote:with gasol injured with the new hamstring injury, I think bynum does his 20-10 without him in the lineup

bit of bad luck for the lakers, but good luck for bynum

hes got a few weeks to solidify his bench center spot at the ASG over nene, lets see who impresses more leading up to february
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,659

Post#46 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 4, 2010 6:57 am

bynum is a 20ppg highly efficient player as the featured post player, no doubt about it.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
jmb987
Bench Warmer
And1: 109

Post#47 » by jmb987 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 6:57 am

Aki wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:with gasol injured with the new hamstring injury, I think bynum does his 20-10 without him in the lineup

bit of bad luck for the lakers, but good luck for bynum

hes got a few weeks to solidify his bench center spot at the ASG over nene, lets see who impresses more leading up to february

Yup. I'm fine with Pau sitting out for a few games.
blzrfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#48 » by blzrfan » Mon Jan 4, 2010 7:25 am

I don't understand how a big guy like Bynum gets worked over on rebounds. It's like he doesn't care or react to the ball. The ones he gets, it falls into his lap

I'll also say that I think the Gasol brothers have a better shot of being an All-Star than Bynum. They've been playing better and more consistent.
Lakers05
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#49 » by Lakers05 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 7:38 am

Marc Gasol, Nene, Amare give up almost as much as they produce. Bynum should be STARTING over all of them. The only reason his EFF is worse is because he's sharing the frontcourt with the best frontcourt in the league, and the best scorer in the league(so it's a double-whammy in that not only his touches get reduced, his minutes also.)
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#50 » by Ojmayo » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:07 am

No and no.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Re: Will Andrew Bynum finally all Star?? He deserves it?? 

Post#51 » by Speedlot » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:51 am

eslr wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:You NEVER trade big for small........it's killed every single team that's done it.

Kwame for Butler?

What about it?

Return to The General Board