How can anyone not love this guy?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Re: How can anyone not love this guy? 

Post#61 » by eslr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:17 pm

I can't hate Sheed. Even though he should be the most hated guy in the NBA. I just love his combination of passion and "who cares". Truly unique.

As a homer, I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone could dislike Chauncey.
macblank
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#62 » by macblank » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Ray Allen, hate everyone on the Celt's but him.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#63 » by pillwenney » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 pm

BooRadley wrote:This conversation comes up every couple months, but it has to do with 1 thing only ... the color of your skin. Pretty much every light skinned black guy without visible tats in the NBA is perceived as classy. The announcers non-stop keep talking about how classy dudes are, the fans, RealGM posters ...

Ray Allen (cheap shot artist), Fisher (cheap shot artist, flopper, lied to the Jazz), Duncan (biggest whiner in the league), Battier (exception, dude is all class I'm sure, but how would you really know), Grant Hill (same as Battier, could be the next Tiger Woods for all we know), Brandon Roy (verbal flopper, turning into a whiny player too).

However players like Jamison, Joe Johnson, Billups, you'll never hear an announcer keep talking about how classy these guys are the way they gush over Ray Allen, Fisher and the rest ...

Media is so stupid ..

This is just totally unfounded. People talk all the time about how classy Billups is. Not to mention that your reason for hating on Grant Hill is really ridiculous. The announcers and the people they talk to would know this stuff. Obviously we probably wouldn't. But they definitely would. And of course, this isn't even mentioning Mutombo.
eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Post#64 » by eslr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 pm

mitchweber wrote:
BooRadley wrote:This conversation comes up every couple months, but it has to do with 1 thing only ... the color of your skin. Pretty much every light skinned black guy without visible tats in the NBA is perceived as classy. The announcers non-stop keep talking about how classy dudes are, the fans, RealGM posters ...

Ray Allen (cheap shot artist), Fisher (cheap shot artist, flopper, lied to the Jazz), Duncan (biggest whiner in the league), Battier (exception, dude is all class I'm sure, but how would you really know), Grant Hill (same as Battier, could be the next Tiger Woods for all we know), Brandon Roy (verbal flopper, turning into a whiny player too).

However players like Jamison, Joe Johnson, Billups, you'll never hear an announcer keep talking about how classy these guys are the way they gush over Ray Allen, Fisher and the rest ...

Media is so stupid ..

This is just totally unfounded. People talk all the time about how classy Billups is. Not to mention that your reason for hating on Grant Hill is really ridiculous. The announcers and the people they talk to would know this stuff. Obviously we probably wouldn't. But they definitely would. And of course, this isn't even mentioning Mutombo.

Deng, Billups, and Brand have won 3 of the last 4 NBA Sportsmanship awards How light skinned are they?
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#65 » by vado » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Media is so stupid ..

All I read was...*Derails thread with race card for no appropriate reason*
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#66 » by RustInPeace » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Media is so stupid ..

Oh God, another "White guys are out to get us" post. These types of posts never cease to amaze me.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#67 » by BooRadley » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:11 pm

I never said dark skinned guys aren't considered classy ..... I said light skinned guys are perceived as classy. Nothing more, nothing less .. you can't really argue with that ..

You really think Tiger Woods would be as popular if he was a dark skinned guy with tats and bling? What about Obama? It's all about perception and deception ... it's a shame ya'll can't realize that.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#68 » by edfmx86 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Kayjay wrote:Kevin Durant's one of these.

Kevin Durant is my #1 answer, sometimes i wish i could hate him, but i just cant. Not sure if he is even a likable dude outside of the court but i really like the dudes game.

others that come to mind

Billups
Nash
Baron Davis
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,414

Post#69 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Duncan and Allen come to mind. Allen is the only player with class on that C's team.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#70 » by sdeezy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:26 pm

Yao
Nash
Grant Hill
Ray Allen
Nene
Dirk
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
jTF2
Head Coach
And1: 96

Post#71 » by jTF2 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Ron Ron
On the Kardashian sisters:
Boognish wrote:
True Warrior Zo wrote:Why are they all standing with their legs crossed?

Keeps the evil spirits from escaping
doremi
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by doremi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm

How can you not like Kobe Bryant? Grant Hill?
murdamal86
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#73 » by murdamal86 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm

David Lee
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#74 » by Greek » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 pm

joeyyowee wrote:
Charlie_S wrote:
joeyyowee wrote:I don't understand how anyone could hate Anderson Varejao and he has so many haters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6gXbQP_jU

I'm sure Varejao did that for a reason. He doesn't have the reputation of being a dirty player in the NBA.

Well Zissis (the guy that Varejao hit) is considered one of the nicest guys in European basketball. Coach David Platt said that his son wants to be like him, to get an idea...
THROWBACK_91
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#75 » by THROWBACK_91 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Gaines
THROWBACK_91
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by THROWBACK_91 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:55 pm

dan520 wrote:how can you hate yao and nash

i can hate yao no problem :D
THROWBACK_91
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by THROWBACK_91 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:56 pm

dan520 wrote:how can you hate yao and nash

i can hate yao no problem :D
MSGBallerz
Banned User

Post#78 » by MSGBallerz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Dalembert, easily. Can't believe no one has mentioned him yet.

Also, Nash, Grant Hill, and Yao.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#79 » by Basti » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Jonny Flynn seems like a dude everybody would like.
mavfan12
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#80 » by mavfan12 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Glad to see Hill on this list. Nash probably too. I'd probably say Brandon Roy too. One of the better players in the league without the baggage that some of them bring.

Return to The General Board