Steve Kyler: Bosh is staying, Loves Toronto

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Re: Steve Kyler: Bosh is staying, Loves Toronto 

Post#61 » by Kyrama » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am

The amount of articles on who is going where is ridiculous. I can easily see most if not all the big name players staying put.

It's interesting to think about different scenarios I guess. Jordan comes out of retirement and plays for the NJ Nets.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#62 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:57 am

I agree. My stance was always that LeBron/Bosh/Wade were staying and that Amare/Boozer were going to be the biggest names moved, and i really have no clue about Joe Johnson. I've heard that the Hawks management wouldn't be willing to pay him the max, and if that IS true (not saying it is) then he's as good as gone.

Although, if the Heat miss the playoffs, then Wade might actually leave.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#63 » by boogydown » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:11 am

Steve Kyler = Hoopsworld

Hoopsworld = Opinion

/thread
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#64 » by boogydown » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 am

Swirsky4PM wrote:Bosh has never been offered an extension. I don't know why people always talk as if he has.

Does it matter?

He would have declined even if it was offered.

If your theory is true, then this is likely the scenario that happened

Colangelo to Tanenbaum: "Lets offer Chris Bosh an extension".
Tanenbaum to Colangelo: "Just waiting on you".

Colangelo to Chris Bosh Agent: "Has Bosh thought about an extension with the Raptors".
Chris Bosh Agent to Colangelo: "Yes, he has. However he is not interested, and will test free agency in 2010. The decision is final."
Colangelo: "Okay".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4232058
ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#65 » by ToffKobe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:46 am

boogydown wrote:
Swirsky4PM wrote:Bosh has never been offered an extension. I don't know why people always talk as if he has.

Does it matter?

He would have declined even if it was offered.

If your theory is true, then this is likely the scenario that happened

Colangelo to Tanenbaum: "Lets offer Chris Bosh an extension".
Tanenbaum to Colangelo: "Just waiting on you".

Colangelo to Chris Bosh Agent: "Has Bosh thought about an extension with the Raptors".
Chris Bosh Agent to Colangelo: "Yes, he has. However he is not interested, and will test free agency in 2010. The decision is final."
Colangelo: "Okay".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4232058

You could've just as easily indicated that Colangelo asked Bosh's agent about an extension and his agent indicated that he'd test free agency...

You were right about one thing though. Bosh would decline even if it was offered, just as LeBron/Wade and NOT because the three don't want to re-sign with their respective teams.
Wizard Sleeve
Junior
And1: 0

Post#66 » by Wizard Sleeve » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 am

Trax416 wrote:
TdotRaps09 wrote:
turtlesnjoi wrote:Bosh doesn't care about winning.

Confirmed.

lol, but going to New York means he does care about winning. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Didn't you know? Going to one of the 10 joke teams in the NBA that are clearing space means he wants to win.

The fact is, unless he plays with Lebron or Wade, the chances of him winning more games then he will with Toronto, a young, developing team that gets better every game is slim to none.

There are more teams with cap space this summer then there are good FA players to make a playoff contending elite team.

He would much rather stay with a team that will just get swept in the playoffs and has limited ability to make free agent moves. Let me guess, Jarret Jack is going to make Bosh stay?
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#67 » by Black Milk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:12 am

Wizard Sleeve wrote:
Trax416 wrote:
Didn't you know? Going to one of the 10 joke teams in the NBA that are clearing space means he wants to win.

The fact is, unless he plays with Lebron or Wade, the chances of him winning more games then he will with Toronto, a young, developing team that gets better every game is slim to none.

There are more teams with cap space this summer then there are good FA players to make a playoff contending elite team.

He would much rather stay with a team that will just get swept in the playoffs and has limited ability to make free agent moves. Let me guess, Jarret Jack is going to make Bosh stay?

So you can see the future? Can you tell me who wins the championship for the next few years as well? :roll:
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#68 » by Flash3 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 am

For those saying he should sign now if he really wants to be in Toronto have to be beyond insane and stupid, and just lack business sense.

He stands to gain more $ by waiting a mere 3 months to re-up on his deal.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#69 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:21 am

Trax416 wrote:
TdotRaps09 wrote:
turtlesnjoi wrote:Bosh doesn't care about winning.

Confirmed.

lol, but going to New York means he does care about winning. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

the raptors are pretenders.. nothing more, nothing less

id much rather have 30+mill in capspace than be a team with 0 shot to win it all and 30mill committed to the trio of hedo/bargs/calderon for the next 4 years

hes overrated regardless, much like the other big name big (amare)

its funny how david lee gets more sh*t than anyone for his crap defense yet bosh and amare themselves are brutal and will get a ton more $$

the only 2 guys that deserve max deals this offseason are bron and wade, though raptorface will get one as well
Black Milk
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by Black Milk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
Trax416 wrote:
TdotRaps09 wrote:

the raptors are pretenders.. nothing more, nothing less

id much rather have 30+mill in capspace than be a team with 0 shot to win it all and 30mill committed to the trio of hedo/bargs/calderon for the next 4 years

its funny how david lee gets more sh*t than anyone for his crap defense yet bosh and amare themselves are brutal and will get a ton more $$

the only 2 guys that deserve max deals this offseason are bron and wade, though raptorface will get one as well

All you have written reeks of jealousy. Pathetic really.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#71 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:35 am

Black Milk wrote:

LOL

jealous? ok maybe jealous of the lakers.. the cavs.. the celtics.. the spurs.. the thunder..

of the raptors? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 943

Post#72 » by raptorforlife88 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:39 am

Flash3 wrote:For those saying he should sign now if he really wants to be in Toronto have to be beyond insane and stupid, and just lack business sense.

He stands to gain more $ by waiting a mere 3 months to re-up on his deal.

Thank you logic. This is why no matter how much Wade/Bosh/Lebron may love their respective cities, they would be absolute idiots to resign before waiting for that extra cash.
GURLAK
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#73 » by GURLAK » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 am

Black Milk wrote:

LOL

jealous? ok maybe jealous of the lakers.. the cavs.. the celtics.. the spurs.. the thunder..

of the raptors? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What you are saying does reek with jealousy because your statement is filled with negative rhetoric. People only use negative rhetoric when they are jealous, negative people, or in your case possibly xenophobic. You probably think Toronto has no chance of winning because it is a Canadian based team. Hypothetically if McGrady and Vince stayed in Toronto together they possibly could have contended. While this is of course hindsight, it illustrates how any team that lucks into once in a generation talent can win at any time. Either you can tell the future or you are an ignorant fool, I would say you are a fool sir, and a big one at that.
Black Milk
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Black Milk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:44 am

Black Milk wrote:

LOL

Toronto 29-23
New York 19-32

Yeah I totally prefer being 19-32 and dreaming about signing Lebron over a winning record.
Raps United
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#75 » by Raps United » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:05 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:the raptors are pretenders.. nothing more, nothing less

C'MONNNNN SON!!
You really gonna try and compare David Lee to the 5-time Allstar and ALL-NBA Chris Bosh? REALLY?
You really gonna compare the sad sack knicks to the playoff bound RAPTORS?!?! C'MON Son
GTFOherewitdatbullsh*t!
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#76 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 am

Black Milk wrote:
Black Milk wrote:

LOL

Toronto 29-23
New York 19-32

Yeah I totally prefer being 19-32 and dreaming about signing Lebron over a winning record.

id rather have a 5% chance at lebron james than a 0% chance at winning a ring the next 5 years

anyone who thinks different is lost

the raptors are PRETENDERS.. please i know your excitement, ive been there, but its only gonna end in disappointment every single year in the 1st or 2nd round
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#77 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:15 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:the raptors are pretenders.. nothing more, nothing less

Bosh's defence has been really good lately. ESPECIALLY in the fourth quarter/second half of games where he gets more aggressive.
Not to mention his scoring and rebounding (offensive rebounds too) is amazing.

Seriously, he's already surpassed Amare, and Avi Lee is nowhere near Bosh as a player in this league.

Also, you're a knicks fan, you have NO room to insult any other team in the league. You can't even use that sad-ass excuse "oh we're tanking" like the pistons fans are. You're team tried as HARD AS IT COULD to be CLOSE to competing for a playoff spot at this point, and in the end they're nowhere NEAR it. In the east too!
The problem is, you don't even have a draft pick!
Keep relying on the pipe dream that a big FA (or 3) is gonna swoop in and save that sorry ass franchise because that's the only thing keeping you guys afloat.

Even if you DO get a good FA, it won't be LBJ/Wade/Bosh. You MIGHT get one of Amare/Boozer/Johnson at MOST and that still wont be enough to save you guys. You might make the playoffs next year, maybe...

Good luck with that. I''l take my 7 core players under/at the age of 25 and 15M in expirings (the only valuable guy of the 3 players being belinelli...) for 2011 and some exciting playoff berths ahead.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,613

Post#78 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:25 am

Black Milk wrote:
Black Milk wrote:

LOL

Toronto 29-23
New York 19-32

Ill just get this out of the way. My bet is that Bosh stays in Toronto. I just dont see where he has enough incentive to want to leave all that money on the table simply to go to another team where he may not necessarily be "THE GUY". I believe he wants to win, but I believe he wants that among other things....money and recognition being a couple of them.

With that said, I think its crazy how Toronto fans flaunt their record around like they are a top 5 team in the league. I can understand being happy about cheering for a winning team. But around the league, Toronto is nothing. Get that through your heads. Nothing. Nobody is fearing you. You are only talked about when it pertains to Chris Bosh. Thats it. Sure, Toronto is a better team than NY....WITH BOSH. They are a better team than Chicago....WITH BOSH. They may be a better team than Miami.....WITH BOSH. You put Bosh on either of the latter two (as currently constructed) and they become instant contenders. Toronto isnt even close to being contenders.......WITH BOSH.

So I guess my point is that Toronto fans had best hope that Bosh doesnt put winning a championship as his top priority. Because if he does, its going to be a sad...sad day in Toronto. You guys should really check yourselves on the record comparisons. I (for one) am not all that impressed with a team that will manage [at best] a number 5 seed in a fairly weak East.
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#79 » by raps4life~ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:25 am

id rather have a 5% chance at lebron james than a 0% chance at winning a ring the next 5 years

anyone who thinks different is lost

the raptors are PRETENDERS.. please i know your excitement, ive been there, but its only gonna end in disappointment every single year in the 1st or 2nd round

so if you dont get lebron (which you said you have a 5% chance at) you guys are stuck at being a crap team?

i would much rather have a young competitive team that after having 9 new players and struggling for a while are playing great basketball (2nd best record in the league since mid December) and really jelling. not to mention the expirings we have next year and a pretty good GM.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#80 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:34 am

lol my goodness one solid winstreak and the 9 million raptors fans on here think they are a title contender.. like i said i know your excitement and i dont mean to rain on your parade, but your team is a pretender.. idk why anyone brought the knicks in this, im just stating facts.. im not insulting anyone, the raptors are a pretender, its a fact not an insult

if you made a poll on here asking "are the raptors pretenders or contenders" and all 9 million of you raptor fans didnt vote (meaning it was unbiased), id guarantee 80% minimum vote pretenders.. unless it turned into an anthony randolph vs wilt chamberlain type poll where people vote AR just to f*ck with the op

idk why you all got defensive.. i say raptors are pretenders and lack capspace, and the responses are:

-LOL NO CHANCE AT LEBRON HAHA
-KNICKS SUCK
-LOL WHERES YOUR PICK?
-DOES CHRIS DUHON REALLY START FOR YOU GUYS?!?!?!

facts are facts people

Return to The General Board