Jamison to the Cavs possibly in the works

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jdizzle72
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Jamison to the Cavs possibly in the works 

Post#21 » by jdizzle72 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 am

Bomb_First wrote:Does Washington have a forward they give back instead of James? What about McGuire or Singleton?

They are getting rid of james 6 mil expiring to save lux tax I would assume. McGuire makes less than 1mil a year and they cannot trade Singleton in a multiplayer deal because he was just involved in a trade.
ZCM93
Rookie
And1: 491

Post#22 » by ZCM93 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 am

bl2k wrote:is 33 year old Jamison enough to keep LeBron from leaving?

Since there is slim shot as of now he is leaving yea sure it would. Only haters think LeBron will leave the best team in the NBA.
ZCM93
Rookie

Post#23 » by ZCM93 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 am

bl2k wrote:is 33 year old Jamison enough to keep LeBron from leaving?

Since there is slim shot as of now he is leaving yea sure it would. Only haters think LeBron will leave the best team in the NBA.
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#24 » by Bomb_First » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 am

jdizzle72 wrote:
Bomb_First wrote:Does Washington have a forward they give back instead of James? What about McGuire or Singleton?

They are getting rid of james 6 mil expiring to save lux tax I would assume. McGuire makes less than 1mil a year and they cannot trade Singleton in a multiplayer deal because he was just involved in a trade.

O ok, I wasn't aware MJ was still being paid that much. The contract the Grizzlies gave him was terrible.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#25 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:49 am

Hey, I remember people were saying that the Cavs should have pursued James to run the point.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
ZCM93
Rookie

Post#26 » by ZCM93 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:50 am

Wonder why Wiz want Moon....
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#27 » by Bomb_First » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 am

ZCM93 wrote:Wonder why Wiz want Moon....

Probably to make the salries match. I was hoping they could find someone else though. Moon is a nice backup. I guess you can't be picky since Hickson isn't involved.
jdizzle72
Senior

Post#28 » by jdizzle72 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:52 am

Bomb_First wrote:
jdizzle72 wrote:

O ok, I wasn't aware MJ was still being paid that much. The contract the Grizzlies gave him was terrible.

I think the raptors gave him the contract after he averaged like 20 and 6 with them a few years back :lol: :lol:
ZCM93
Rookie

Post#29 » by ZCM93 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 am

Bomb_First wrote:

Probably to make the salries match. I was hoping they could find someone else though. Moon is a nice backup. I guess you can't be picky since Hickson isn't involved.

True. Everytime Wad is on the court i'm waiting for him to chuck a 3. :(
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#30 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:54 am

The Wizards are going to be one sorry sight for the rest of this season
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#31 » by Bomb_First » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 am

I think the raptors gave him the contract after he averaged like 20 and 6 with them a few years back :lol: :lol:

I actually meant to say T-Wolves, not Grizzlies.
ZCM93
Rookie

Post#32 » by ZCM93 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 am

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=yfngd7q

Even if Wiz bone us and don't buyout Z i like this deal...

Mo/West/James
Parker/Gibson/Green
LeBron/Wad
Jamison/Hickson/Powe
Shaq/AV.... Z?
Bomb_First
Banned User

Post#33 » by Bomb_First » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 am

ZCM93 wrote:
Bomb_First wrote:

True. Everytime Wad is on the court i'm waiting for him to chuck a 3. :(

if Moon is gone, he is going to have to step up. But they also might play Jamison at the 3 a little.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,258

Post#34 » by XTC » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 am

jdizzle72 wrote:
Bomb_First wrote:

I think the raptors gave him the contract after he averaged like 20 and 6 with them a few years back :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Raptors let him walk because they aquired TJ Ford, and he was offered that contract by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
retrospect24
Starter
And1: 37

Post#35 » by retrospect24 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:27 am

Call me crazy, but I think Murphy is a better fit for the Cavs than Jamison.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#36 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 am

ZCM93 wrote:I love this trade!! Jamison without sending out Hickson is better then Amare IMO..

Jamison is byfar the better fit with Shaq the next 2-3 years then after that Hickson will only be 24 and a legit starter and maybe even better then a 30 year old Amare...

What benefit to the Cavs is Hickson if they got Amare? Amare plays 35-40 mpg (40+ in the playoffs). That leaves <8 minutes for LeBron at PF. And it leaves Hickson with 0 minutes.
NADALbULLS
Banned User

Post#37 » by NADALbULLS » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:30 am

I like Jamison more (than Murphy) because he can play SF sometimes so VJ and JJ can still play PF a lot. That is a great mix to have Jamison's scoring and VJ/JJ hustling at the same time. And I like LeBron playing PG or SG as much as possible so he can stop Mo from chucking too much.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#38 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:40 am

Amare would still be my #1 choice but Jamison would be an excellent fit. Especially next to Shaq this year and even moreso if you can keep Hickson out of the deal.

Actually, when CLE runs Mo/Parker or Delonte/LBJ/Jamison/Shaq - that is pretty much unguardable.

You cheat off any of the guards or Jamison to double Lebron or Shaq you are giving up wide open shots to excellent shooters. The spacing for Lebron and Shaq would be amazing.

There would be multiple shot creators rather than a ton of Le-Iso....the age factor would make it more short term dominance, but for this year and maybe next year - CLE would be in great shape.
ZCM93
Rookie

Post#39 » by ZCM93 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 am

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
ZCM93 wrote:I love this trade!! Jamison without sending out Hickson is better then Amare IMO..

Jamison is byfar the better fit with Shaq the next 2-3 years then after that Hickson will only be 24 and a legit starter and maybe even better then a 30 year old Amare...

What benefit to the Cavs is Hickson if they got Amare? Amare plays 35-40 mpg (40+ in the playoffs). That leaves <8 minutes for LeBron at PF. And it leaves Hickson with 0 minutes.

This is Jamison we are talkin about not Amare.

Hickson wouldn't play at all durin the playoffs but next season he could be the backup PF with AV movin to backup Shaq since I don't think Z will be back.
NADALbULLS
Banned User

Post#40 » by NADALbULLS » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:Amare would still be my #1 choice but Jamison would be an excellent fit. Especially next to Shaq this year and even moreso if you can keep Hickson out of the deal.

Actually, when CLE runs Mo/Parker or Delonte/LBJ/Jamison/Shaq - that is pretty much unguardable.

You cheat off any of the guards or Jamison to double Lebron or Shaq you are giving up wide open shots to excellent shooters. The spacing for Lebron and Shaq would be amazing.

There would be multiple shot creators rather than a ton of Le-Iso....the age factor would make it more short term dominance, but for this year and maybe next year - CLE would be in great shape.

Shaq says he's playing 2 more years after this, and I think Jamison would still be a fine scorer in the next 2 years, and as others have said Hickson will hit his prime after that. It works good.

Return to The General Board