Iverson Leaves Team Again; 76ers Considering Breaking Ties

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MeMe
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Iverson Leaves Team Again; 76ers Considering Breaking Ties 

Post#61 » by MeMe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 am

Another article from a week ago:
Messiah has been in and out of the hospital; she might have to go in again. Iverson, listening to people who know more than he - or any layman - would, has decided to bring her here, to Children's Hospital.

"From what I'm hearing, they're the best at it," he said.

He said the doctors "assured me they would get to the bottom of it. You look at them eye to eye and you can tell they truly believe that. You kind of feel comfortable about it."

"I have five kids," he said. "None of them have ever been this sick. It's a first-time thing for me. I like to look at myself as a strong person, especially dealing with everything in my life. But this is a totally different situation; you find out you're not as tough as you thought you were when it's one of your kids. All I do is just pray on it; everyone that cares anything about me and my family, I wish them to do the same."

"The strongest man in the world," Allen Iverson said, "I don't think they could deal with it if something happened to one of their kids. I just love my kids."

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/sports/84435377.html
MeMe
Junior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by MeMe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 am

Iguodala made a cryptic message on his twitter account a few hours ago. He wrote "It's a cold game..."

He wrote that shortly after the rumors about the 76ers potentially cutting Iverson broke. Could he have been making references to what management is doing with that comment?

If so, it would kind of surprise me, because I honestly thought Iguodala was probably one of the ones trying to get rid of Iverson, lol. If he is expressing unhappiness with the management over this, than kudos to him.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#63 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 am

It's unfortunate but the matter is concerning his child.........family first especially since we don't know how sick she is.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to The General Board