Dallas vs Denver

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Dallas vs Denver 

Post#41 » by J Smitty » Mon Mar 1, 2010 10:29 pm

LApwnd wrote:
J Smitty wrote:You did the last time we played you guys. And the time before that. Or maybe you have another reason to explain losing a 4th quarter, by 13 points, at home, with the opposing team missing it's best player? Or who were tied at half, and then completely choked in the second half, lost by 26 points, while Kobe was chucking and went scoreless.

It took the Nuggets playing their most inefficient game of the season, to win by six points, at home. Whoopty **** doo for you. I hope you guys feel all zen with that therapy and yoga, whatever is going to help you sleep at night.

no but our 15 titles sure makes it alot easier, oh last time I checked you dont get anything for winning regular season games andyea Den played inefficient cause it was ALL them, had nothing to do with Ron punking Melo and JrSmith awesome shooting :lol: cause we all know Billups can hit 8 3pointers EVERY SINGLE GAME :roll: ......Sac from a few years ago was by far more talented than this Den team and own us in the regular season, look how that turned out :lol:

Was this supposed to be a legit rebuttal? You're bringing up past championships from 40 years ago to aid your argument? Typical Laker "fan" response.

See you in the playoffs...I'm looking forward to it.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#42 » by LApwnd » Mon Mar 1, 2010 10:31 pm

J Smitty wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
J Smitty wrote:You did the last time we played you guys. And the time before that. Or maybe you have another reason to explain losing a 4th quarter, by 13 points, at home, with the opposing team missing it's best player? Or who were tied at half, and then completely choked in the second half, lost by 26 points, while Kobe was chucking and went scoreless.

It took the Nuggets playing their most inefficient game of the season, to win by six points, at home. Whoopty **** doo for you. I hope you guys feel all zen with that therapy and yoga, whatever is going to help you sleep at night.

no but our 15 titles sure makes it alot easier, oh last time I checked you dont get anything for winning regular season games andyea Den played inefficient cause it was ALL them, had nothing to do with Ron punking Melo and JrSmith awesome shooting :lol: cause we all know Billups can hit 8 3pointers EVERY SINGLE GAME :roll: ......Sac from a few years ago was by far more talented than this Den team and own us in the regular season, look how that turned out :lol:

Was this supposed to be a legit rebuttal? You're bringing up past championships from 40 years ago to aid your argument? Typical Laker "fan" response.

ok then 2009 chamionship makes sleep better, how bout that, oh yea and the 26 point arse kicking on Den home court in the deciding game 6 was fairly good too :D
JRMelo15
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#43 » by JRMelo15 » Mon Mar 1, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm still not worried about Mavs, even if we're the 3rd seed, we can take care of them in 5 or 6 games.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#44 » by semi-sentient » Mon Mar 1, 2010 10:36 pm

I think it would be kind of cool if the Nuggets/Mavs met in the semifinals and the arena collapsed. The Lakers would then get a bye in the WCF.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
xxRoyalexx
Rookie
And1: 128

Post#45 » by xxRoyalexx » Mon Mar 1, 2010 10:45 pm

That's a really tough one because it can go either way. I'll lean on Denver in 7 but I definitely think Dallas has a shot.
peppersquared
Starter
And1: 4

Post#46 » by peppersquared » Mon Mar 1, 2010 10:49 pm

Dirk is a better post player than ANYONE on the Nuggets, and its not even remotely close. No ones even in the same universe.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#47 » by SadKingsFan » Mon Mar 1, 2010 11:47 pm

J Smitty wrote:

ummm...the lakers just won the title.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#48 » by SadKingsFan » Mon Mar 1, 2010 11:47 pm

peppersquared wrote:Dirk is a better post player than ANYONE on the Nuggets, and its not even remotely close. No ones even in the same universe.

:lol: I wouldn't call dirk a 'post player' but ok.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#49 » by joe.linnen » Mon Mar 1, 2010 11:57 pm

Dallas in 6. I thin this time around the Mavs really put it on them. Kidd is playing out of his mind and can match up well with Billups, Dirk is damn near unstoppable, Marion, Stevenson, and Butler will lock down the wings with no problem, and with a Haywood and Dampier combo would do wonders against the Nuggets front court. YOU CAN QUOT ME DALLAS MAVERICKS IN 6 GAMES. MARCH 1ST 2010
The Big Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 31

Post#50 » by The Big Dog » Mon Mar 1, 2010 11:57 pm

K-Mart is a pretty good Dirk defender, but Dallas' three 7-footers will be a problem for the undersized Nuggets on the glass. I hope we get to see this series, would be a great one.
"I have not so strong body." - Jonas Valanciunas on why his game is similar to Chris Bosh's.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#51 » by joe.linnen » Tue Mar 2, 2010 12:00 am

SadKingsFan wrote:
peppersquared wrote:Dirk is a better post player than ANYONE on the Nuggets, and its not even remotely close. No ones even in the same universe.

:lol: I wouldn't call dirk a 'post player' but ok.

I have a feeling that Dirk hasn't shown us all he can do yet. I will never over look a guy like that in the playoffs and to make matters worse he has something to prove to Denver this time around.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#52 » by Basileus777 » Tue Mar 2, 2010 12:20 am

The Big Dog wrote:K-Mart is a pretty good Dirk defender, but Dallas' three 7-footers will be a problem for the undersized Nuggets on the glass. I hope we get to see this series, would be a great one.

Dirk shredded Kmart last year in the playoffs. Denver doesn't have anyone that can guard Dirk in a 7 game series.
The Big Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 31

Post#53 » by The Big Dog » Tue Mar 2, 2010 1:14 am

Basileus777 wrote:
The Big Dog wrote:K-Mart is a pretty good Dirk defender, but Dallas' three 7-footers will be a problem for the undersized Nuggets on the glass. I hope we get to see this series, would be a great one.

Dirk shredded Kmart last year in the playoffs. Denver doesn't have anyone that can guard Dirk in a 7 game series.

I do remember Dirk just being on fire during last year's playoffs. I've seen K-Mart have decent games against him during the regular season, though I did just check last year's playoffs, Dirk's stats were amazing.

I just said pretty good because with K-Mart at PF, the Nuggets don't have to change their lineup around to deal with Dirk like the Western Conference playoff teams who start two slower bigs.
"I have not so strong body." - Jonas Valanciunas on why his game is similar to Chris Bosh's.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,386

Post#54 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Mar 2, 2010 1:24 am

Raps in 4.
Kash
Junior

Post#55 » by Kash » Tue Mar 2, 2010 1:34 am

Basileus777 wrote:

Thats because denver's entire strategy was to allow dirk to get his stats by guarding him one on one and making sure no one else on the mavs was unguarded. I think it worked fairly well eh?
wang000hk
Sixth Man
And1: 253

Post#56 » by wang000hk » Tue Mar 2, 2010 2:50 am

^ it worked on Hornets as well,CP3 gets his own and Kmart just shuts down West
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#57 » by Basileus777 » Tue Mar 2, 2010 2:57 am

Kash wrote:
Basileus777 wrote:

Thats because denver's entire strategy was to allow dirk to get his stats by guarding him one on one and making sure no one else on the mavs was unguarded. I think it worked fairly well eh?

The overall defensive strategy worked because the rest of the Mavs didn't show up, but Kmart still didn't do a good job guarding Dirk.
sefant77
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#58 » by sefant77 » Tue Mar 2, 2010 3:09 am

Kash wrote:
Basileus777 wrote:

Yes, because that time they had a struggling Terry, an injuried Josh playing on two broken ankles and guarding Carmella. Now they have a healthy Butler, improved inside scoring with Haywood, Marion for defense and garbage points and Terry that doesnt have to lift all the 2nd scoring pressure.

Mavs are completly different from last year, they have just 6 guys left and improved everywhere.

Dirk
Kidd
Terry
Damp
Barea
(Carroll)

Howard - Butler
Wright - Marion
Hollins - Haywood
Green - Stevenson
Bass - Najera
George - Thomas
Singleton - Beaubois

If you see that improvement and that last year series was basically a 2:2 with Howard playing on 50%...Nuggets shouldnt be too comfortable.
lakErfrOmManiLa
Sophomore

Post#59 » by lakErfrOmManiLa » Tue Mar 2, 2010 4:22 am

It will be a good series and i think whoever gets the HCA will win the series..... Unfortunately, whoever wins the series will bow down to the mighty lakers..... lol..
Let's go Lakers....
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#60 » by MHZ » Tue Mar 2, 2010 4:25 am

Basileus777 wrote:The overall defensive strategy worked because the rest of the Mavs didn't show up, but Kmart still didn't do a good job guarding Dirk.

There's a reason for that. Jason Terry is useless without open looks, same can be said from a scoring perspective of Jason Kidd. Beat Dirk up as much as you can with Martin. Dirk will score his points, no doubt. He's a badass. If none of those other guys get going, though, you make them a one dimensional team. I know the RealGM world is so focused on individual numbers that it's tough to comprehend, but the Nuggets were perfectly willing to let Dirk do that to them. It's not going to win you a seven game series.

It's okay to admit that the strategy worked last year. Haywood will help with Nene just killing Dallas, though. That was a major advantage for the Nuggets that they may not have this season.

Return to The General Board