Who gets most improved player award?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: Who gets most improved player award? 

Post#41 » by miller31time » Wed Mar 3, 2010 4:00 am

Really a shame the Wiz didn't get rid of Butler and Jamison sooner....Blatche might have made this a no-contest.

But with the circumstances as they are he has no shot and rightfully so.

It should go to either Durant, Brooks or Landry.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#42 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 3, 2010 5:39 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:Chris Kaveman or Trevor Ariza

ahhh nooo
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#43 » by ponder276 » Wed Mar 3, 2010 5:42 am

I'd go with either Brooks (went from 25 to 36 minutes per game, while increasing his per-36 minutes PPG, APG and TS%, not often you see a major increase in per-minute effectiveness when a player has to play way more minutes) or Durant (way better defense and better on offense as well, went from not even being an all-star to arguably a top 2 MVP candidate).

Also, LOL at Batum.
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#44 » by richboy » Wed Mar 3, 2010 6:06 am

I'm going to say Westbrook. This time last year I was saying he had little PG skills. He look like a great athlete with little basketball IQ. I thought OKC made a mistake not taking Lopez or Love. That if Westbrook was going to be a player it was going to have to be as a SG. 1 Year later I'm starting to think Westbrook might be about to join the elite level PGs. Right now he looks like Rhondo with a midrange jump shot and 20 lbs ofadded muscle. He looks like he will be 20 and 10 next year. Maybe about to be the most complete PG in the game by a margin. If last years draft was held today I would probably take Westbrook over Rose.

To me I think he should be MIP because I can't remember a player making such a dramatic change in such a short period of time. Chauncey Billups took years to get it right. At the start of the year I thought Westbrook had a brain transplant. He was that much improved in just a few months. Right now he is making passes that you only see guys like Rondo, Paul, Nash, Deron make. With his athleticism that is scary.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
tigerman
Senior
And1: 20

Post#45 » by tigerman » Wed Mar 3, 2010 6:37 am

sdeezy wrote:
slick_watts wrote:Kevin Durant. On top of the tangible stuff, he's defensive leader for top five defensive team. A year after people said he couldn't play defense.

He should..but he probably won't. Not that he doesn't deserve it but the league rarely gives this award to young blue chip guys who are expected to become stars. Its usually reserved for lesser known players who bust out. Lebron/Wade/Paul/Melo/Bosh..these guys had good cases in their earlier years but they never really came close to winning it

I think Aaron Brooks will win it

Tracy McGrady says hello.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#46 » by dballislife » Wed Mar 3, 2010 6:43 am

aaron brooks for sure
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
BJ43
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#47 » by BJ43 » Wed Mar 3, 2010 10:09 am

4 pages and only one mention of Noah, im surprised....maybe he fell off the radar post injury but prior to that he was 2nd in the league in rebs, unfortunately having the injury and his mins reduced to just 51 mins total in the last 4 games he's played has taken him off the list and reduced his average but he's still averaging a double double for the season with 10.7pts and 11.4 rebs a game, he's scoring at 50% from the field, blocking almost 2 shots a game and shooting ft's at a very respectable 75% especially considering his form

All stats aside you can see improvements in his game, from his ability to finish with his left hand, adding a baby hook with either hand and his footwork

With the games he will miss now due to injury and the effect it will have on his averages when he does return to monitored/reduced mins, he wont win and that's fine/fair but his name should definetely be mentioned, even notorious Bulls hater, Charles Barkley had him as most improved a few weeks back
Hedo05
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#48 » by Hedo05 » Wed Mar 3, 2010 10:39 am

endru bogat
Hakan Demirel / Cenk Akyol / Ersan Ilyasova / Semih Erden / Oguz Savas <<< Turkey 2010

Penny / MJ / Pip / C-Webb / Sheed <<< All-Time Line-up
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#49 » by dballislife » Wed Mar 3, 2010 4:11 pm

dballislife wrote:aaron brooks for sure

brooks
20ppg 5ass 2.5reb shooting 44 40 80...and d rockets loosing yao, tmac and artest are above .500...i no the team is contributing, but brooks has been huge
What is basketball.....basketball is life!

Return to The General Board