Is there any reason for Chris Bosh to stay in Toronto ......

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Re: Is there any reason for Chris Bosh to stay in Toronto ...... 

Post#401 » by Flash3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 am

6_Rings wrote:I wonder which NBA team will sacrifice one of their core players to make a S&T for an unrestricted free agent... Raptor fans are acting that they have haggling rights if a S&T comes along. more often than not it's the shorter end of the stick.

Case in point!
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#402 » by 5DOM » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:46 am

I hope we get nothing for Bosh.
We need to suck even worse and win the lottery later.
RJ2392
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#403 » by RJ2392 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:41 am

Bosh with a gamewinner, do you guys think that put the 5 game losing streak out of his head?
theflash1234
Senior
And1: 1

Post#404 » by theflash1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 am

5DOM wrote:I hope we get nothing for Bosh.
We need to suck even worse and win the lottery later.

+1 i wish
Minge wrote:Kobe drips ball sweat into my mouth at night and it sooths me to sleep.

DelaneyRudd wrote:
HTown_TMac wrote:You DO understand that after a certain age you dont get much taller, right?

It's that kind of attitude that has kept T-Mac at 6'8 his entire career.
canguy20m
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#405 » by canguy20m » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 am

a losing streak mostly attributable to Bosh's slightly lengthy absense and a tough schedule and the vultures come out. the question by the original poster is foolish, the raptors could end up with a sub .500 record, a first round exit in the playoffs and Bosh is still open to re signing so there's obviously something about the city and situation that appeal to Bosh that's not being accounted for in the discussion. the raptors are realistically a hot streak to end the season or a promising first round performance away from convincing Bosh to re sign. I think it's too early in his career for him to be chasing a ring by going to an organization to pair up with a 'better player'. turkoglu has been inconsistent but I think it has more to do with him adjusting than declining. every season there are teams with talented players who they want to unload just because of their contracts. those players are usually just a right situation away from making a considerable difference. bryan colangelo hasn't taken risks like that but he could if desperate.
a great end to this season and both parties will be happy.
a bad end to the season and both parties will be equally frustrated.
if Bosh is traded there will probably be more than one team that will want Bosh and that Bosh will want to go to. that competition between teams would end up producing a trade package favourable to Toronto.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#406 » by Idunkonyou2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 am

I doubt Bosh stays, but who knows.
Jakespeare
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#407 » by Jakespeare » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Well loyalty is a thing of the past and he has higher taxes there, and he can always be a part of a sign and trade. For those who think a team signing Bosh won't do a s/t is wrong, because it could be the difference between signing him and not.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#408 » by Scorpion King » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Yesterday was perfect example. That bosh will resign with Raps as long as they give him max.

Bosh will not be taking the final shot in Houston, Miami, Bulls.

Bosh will have to make a decision whether he can handle being the second fiddle. If he goes to the team listed above he will be second fiddle.
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#409 » by mike_miller » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:45 pm

^ so then the question is...does he want to win a ring?
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#410 » by darth_federer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:52 pm

mike_miller wrote:^ so then the question is...does he want to win a ring?

Every player does, but if you can feature on a team until the age of 31, then you take your chances with the Raptors. At some point, Bryan Colangelo is going to build a quality team. Hes a good executive and has built good teams throughout his career. They need a upgrade at the 2 and need to improve their perimeter defense. Trading Calderon away and picking up a guy like Mike MIller would solve a lot of issues. The ownership has publicly committed to going over the tax so the resources are there. He can go to a contender if the Raps dont get it gone in his 30s. He can win a ring then.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#411 » by Ripp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Argh...Mike Miller is terrible! He is basically Jason Kapono. A shooter who won't shoot, and fancies himself a point forward. And is terrible defender.

BC needs to do better than that.
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#412 » by MrCheerios » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Ripp wrote:Argh...Mike Miller is terrible! He is basically Jason Kapono. A shooter who won't shoot, and fancies himself a point forward. And is terrible defender.

BC needs to do better than that.

He had to be joking. Hard to tell because the rest of his post seemed serious. Probably was, considering that he was responding to mike_miller.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#413 » by DraftBoy10 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Scorpion King wrote:Yesterday was perfect example. That bosh will resign with Raps as long as they give him max.

Bosh will have to make a decision whether he can handle being the second fiddle. If he goes to the team listed above he will be second fiddle.

You obviously don't pay attention to NBA basketball, he would be first option in Houston and take that shot. He'd arguably the first option in Chicago, too, but that's questionable. In miami, certainly not.

In Houston though, he'd be our franchise player with Yao as our 2nd and Martin as our 3rd. Good job paying attention in this thread when fans of any team can agree if Bosh comes to Houston, he's their primary option. You sound like Chosen01.
mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Post#414 » by mickie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:00 pm

i love how everyone's assuming that BC will just gladly handover Bosh for nothing to every team they want. people are forgetting how manipulative BC is. will see in the summer.

how people forget about Hedo being lock with Portland last summer then... BAM!
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#415 » by DraftBoy10 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:02 pm

mickie wrote:i love how everyone's assuming that BC will just gladly handover Bosh for nothing to every team they want. people are forgetting how manipulative BC is. will see in the summer.

He's done a piss poor job. No one's afraid of BC, especially not Morey. He'll run circles around BC.

1) That wasn't BC, that was Banu
2) Oh right, cause that's worked out well?
cwas2882
General Manager
And1: 5,802

Post#416 » by cwas2882 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:06 pm

mickie wrote:i love how everyone's assuming that BC will just gladly handover Bosh for nothing to every team they want. people are forgetting how manipulative BC is. will see in the summer.

HA!
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#417 » by MrCheerios » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Colangelo has been horrible in Toronto. At least he didn't draft Adam Morrison, but every other move has been subpar.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#418 » by Chosen01 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:51 pm

DraftBoy10 wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:Yesterday was perfect example. That bosh will resign with Raps as long as they give him max.

You obviously don't pay attention to NBA basketball, he would be first option in Houston and take that shot. He'd arguably the first option in Chicago, too, but that's questionable. In miami, certainly not.

In Houston though, he'd be our franchise player with Yao as our 2nd and Martin as our 3rd. Good job paying attention in this thread when fans of any team can agree if Bosh comes to Houston, he's their primary option. You sound like Chosen01.

Nice to have my name in your mouth :lol: anyways, who wouldn't know bosh would be the first option in houston, even if he wasn't because Yao was healthy, and they believe he should be the 1st option, he get injured anyways lol either way, it'd be a 1a 1b situation going on.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#419 » by Southward1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm

DraftBoy10 wrote:

He's done a piss poor job. No one's afraid of BC, especially not Morey. He'll run circles around BC.

My daddy can beat up your daddy.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#420 » by red96 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:22 pm

I never really payed a whole lot of attention to the Raptors. But looking at them from my view down here in texas, it looks like BC has done a **** job of putting that team together. Bad trades, draft picks, and giving terrible contracts. How much of a positive impact has BC had on the Raptors? Really?
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"

Return to The General Board