Wiretap: Baron thinks Jennings should be RoY

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Re: Wiretap: Baron thinks Jennings should be RoY 

Post#141 » by SuigintouEV » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 pm

rilamann wrote:It's amazing how Jennings ''isn't that good'' yet he's the starting PG on a team that is 18-4 in their last 22 games and 12-1 in their last 13.

The funny thing is if Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry play their entire careers in Sacramento and Golden ST respectively I bet they could play 15 seasons won't ever start on a team that goes 18-4 over a 22 game stretch.

Ahh yes... the highlight of Buck fans' lives... an 18-4 22 game stretch.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#142 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Bomb_First wrote:Who would guys say has a better jumpshot? Rondo or Jennings?

So this totally makes me believe you've really never watch Jennings play. His jumpshot is actually not bad at all. Near the basket though he has been awful. Very awful.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,445

Post#143 » by rpa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Newz wrote:I am still interested in seeing you show me where all of this amazing talent is on the Bucks (outside of Bogut), by the way. :D

Contrary to popular belief it doesn't take loads of talent to be decent in the NBA.

Look at the Grizz when they had Gasol. First round playoff team despite having pretty much NOTHING past Gasol.

Another example off the top of my head would be the Magic the year before they signed McGrady & Hill. That team finished 41-41 (1 game out of the playoffs--behind your Bucks if you remember) and their top 5 scorers were: Darell Armstrong, Ron Mercer, Chris Gatling, Tariq Abdul-Wahid, & John Amaechi.

I'm not saying the Bucks are as devoid of talent. My point is merely that when you get the right coach and the right system, you don't need superstars to be a good team.
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#144 » by BrewCityBBQ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:09 pm

SuigintouEV wrote:
rilamann wrote:It's amazing how Jennings ''isn't that good'' yet he's the starting PG on a team that is 18-4 in their last 22 games and 12-1 in their last 13.

The funny thing is if Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry play their entire careers in Sacramento and Golden ST respectively I bet they could play 15 seasons won't ever start on a team that goes 18-4 over a 22 game stretch.

Ahh yes... the highlight of Buck fans' lives... an 18-4 22 game stretch.

Ahh we also have beer.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#145 » by Newz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:09 pm

rpa wrote:
Newz wrote:I am still interested in seeing you show me where all of this amazing talent is on the Bucks (outside of Bogut), by the way. :D

Contrary to popular belief it doesn't take loads of talent to be decent in the NBA.

Look at the Grizz when they had Gasol. First round playoff team despite having pretty much NOTHING past Gasol.

Another example off the top of my head would be the Magic the year before they signed McGrady & Hill. That team finished 41-41 (1 game out of the playoffs--behind your Bucks if you remember) and their top 5 scorers were: Darell Armstrong, Ron Mercer, Chris Gatling, Tariq Abdul-Wahid, & John Amaechi.

I'm not saying the Bucks are as devoid of talent. My point is merely that when you get the right coach and the right system, you don't need superstars to be a good team.

Oh, so... Your original argument was that Jennings' team had more talent (apparently what looks like it may end up being 15-20 wins worth of talent) than Evans and Curry...

And now you are saying that they don't have that much talent? It's just a fit/system thing now? So are you trying to say Scott Skiles is the reason we are good, not our talent?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#146 » by AussieBuck » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

So this totally makes me believe you've really never watch Jennings play. His jumpshot is actually not bad at all. Near the basket though he has been awful. Very awful.

He's seen Jennings smack his team around and has trolled him since to dull the pain. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
rpa
RealGM

Post#147 » by rpa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Newz wrote:Oh, so... Your original argument was that Jennings' team had more talent (apparently what looks like it may end up being 15-20 wins worth of talent) than Evans and Curry...

And now you are saying that they don't have that much talent? It's just a fit/system thing now? So are you trying to say Scott Skiles is the reason we are good, not our talent?

"Better team" & "more talent" don't necessarily mean the same thing. Jennings went to a better team than the Kings, that's for sure. Most of "all that talent" can be placed directly at the feet of Bogut. Having a capable big man (on both offense AND defense) is worth a whole hell of a lot.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#148 » by Newz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 pm

rpa wrote:
Newz wrote:Oh, so... Your original argument was that Jennings' team had more talent (apparently what looks like it may end up being 15-20 wins worth of talent) than Evans and Curry...

"Better team" & "more talent" don't necessarily mean the same thing. Jennings went to a better team than the Kings, that's for sure. Most of "all that talent" can be placed directly at the feet of Bogut. Having a capable big man (on both offense AND defense) is worth a whole hell of a lot.

You think Andrew Bogut is the difference between a team having 23 wins and a team having 36 wins? Especially considering you think Jennings is a worse player than Evans...

Do you think Andrew Bogut is an MVP candidate?
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#149 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:25 pm

evans' ROY trophy can keep him company on the couch while he watches Jennings in the playoffs, not Brandon's fault if he likes to win
Bomb_First
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#150 » by Bomb_First » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:25 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

He's seen Jennings smack his team around and has trolled him since to dull the pain. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No pain here. Who leads the season's series so far?
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#151 » by ACGB » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

This guy doesn't even have a team. He's a self admitted bandwagon Lebron fan.
You notice he just ignored my earlier post where I pointed out this and all of the reasons he trolls every BJ thread on this forum?
rpa
RealGM

Post#152 » by rpa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Newz wrote:You think Andrew Bogut is the difference between a team having 23 wins and a team having 36 wins? Especially considering you think Jennings is a worse player than Evans...

If the Bucks lost Bogut (and before they got Salmons) I could DEFINITELY see them finishing in the mid 20s win wise. Was it you or someone else in this thread who called Bogut a top 2 center (either in his conference or in the NBA--don't remember the exact wording)

Newz wrote:Do you think Andrew Bogut is an MVP candidate?

No because you take Lebron away from the Cavs and they go from ~60 wins and being a contender to contending for the #1 pick; the Lakers without Kobe probably go from contender to 1st round exit; OKC without Durant probably goes from 40-some odd wins (maybe 50) to mid-low 20s.

Bogut has made a big difference this year--but not as much as those top guys.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#153 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Andrew Bogut shakes his head in disappointment at the notion of Brandon Jennings "leading his team to the playoffs."

John Salmons says "dub tee eff? Didn't we start playing great when I joined the team?"

That's like putting Westbrook in the MVP discussion saying "he's leading his team to the playoffs."
AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#154 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Bogut has turned it on big time and should be the #1 reason on why the Bucks are playing so well.

Lets not forget the Salmons trade who since has help the Bucks go on a tear. Although Jennings is helping his team big time, lets not pretend like hes willing his team to the playoffs all alone.

Also some kudos to Skiles, they have been playing great team defense and rebounding the ball pretty well.
Lamak wrote:His playstyle is very similar to Derrick Rose, but asian.
jmb987
Bench Warmer
And1: 109

Post#155 » by jmb987 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm

LOL 11 pages.

I don't get what the big deal is..it's not like Jennings ISN'T a candidate. I'd say he's the 2nd or 3rd best rookie thus far. If I were a Bucks fan, I'd take the hate as a very good sign. The better the player is, the more he will get hated on.
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#156 » by TripleDouble » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 pm

lakerhater wrote:
rpa wrote:
Buck You wrote:24-28 was still in the playoff race in the east and was still on pace to be better than last season's record by a lot.

24-28 is still a bad team. Being in the playoff race with that kind of record tells us a whole lot more about the conference than about the team.

Second:

24-28 over a full season equates to 38 wins (37.8 actually). The Bucks won 34 games last year.

rpa wins with logic in this thread.

Those 4 extra wins in that scenario could easily be attributed to Bogut's return to health. The run they're on now coincides with Salmons' arrival to Milwaukee.

I usually stay out of these "my dad can beat up your dad" type of arguments, but this is textbook checkers "logic" vs. chess "logic". The checkers logic looks only at what's in front of him and makes his move, while the chess logic takes the information he is given adds it to all other information available and than bases his move off the conglomeration of all information.

Checkers assumes all things equal, so only a 4 win improvement is gospel - you win!

Chess realizes this 4 win improvement was done by a team that lost it's 4 "best" players (Redd-injury, Jefferson, Villanueva, and Sessions) - those players included the top four scorers on that team, 70% of the teams scoring (69.4 points out of 99.3), 44% of the assists (17.9 out of 40.7), 48% of the steals (3.55 out of 7.43). Obviously there are many other factors that need to be included (additions of Salmons, Defino, Stackhouse; Sac adds and losses; GS adds and losses; coaching changes, pace changes, ect.), but come on lets try to at least look through the glass instead of staring directly at it refusing to see what's on the other side.
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#157 » by Legendary 33 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Brandon Jennings is a good player and is playing better lately.

However, he's not nearly half as good as he thinks he is. His attitude, demeanor, and arrogance is pathetic. He's a rookie that hasn't done shi*t in the NBA yet he showboats after every shot he makes (37% of the time). That's probably why most people on realgm don't like him..atleast thats why I don't like him.

I respect players that play with class and respect, you can't just attribute Jennings' "fresh out the hood" attitude with "playing with a chip on his shoulder", because that's not what it is it all..
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#158 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 pm

Legendary 33 wrote:He's a rookie that hasn't done shi*t in the NBA yet he showboats after every shot he makes (37% of the time).

Welcome to the RealGM group known as "We talk **** about a player we haven't watched more then once, maybe twice".
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
xxRoyalexx
Rookie
And1: 128

Post#159 » by xxRoyalexx » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Brandon's the only ROY Candidate with his Team in the Playoffs, and in a GOOD playoff Position at that. So he has some leverage, and it's not like he's a bad player, just chucks too many shots up. I wouldn't give it to him because Tyreke and Curry are just out of this world, but he's a definite candidate.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#160 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Why the HELL do we keep having this damn discussion? Jennings will clearly be a very good player in the future. And curry has been tearing it up lately. But it is beyond clear that Evans is the best rookie in this league, and it has been that way for months.

I just dont get how this could reach 11 pages. Have any of you ever watched Evans or Curry Play? Goodness....

Return to The General Board