Wade Will Make Recruiting Pitch To Fellow Free Agents

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Wade Will Make Recruiting Pitch To Fellow Free Agents 

Post#1 » by Chosen01 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Heat superstar Dwyane Wade plans to talk with several free-agents after the season about possibly joining him in Miami if he stays.

Miami has room for two maximum contracts -- including Wade -- with another $5 million or so left afterward.

LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire are the other maximum-type guys that will hit the market.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... z0iXFFqdTc

I think its safe to say Wade is staying Miami :D
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Re: Wade Will Make Recruiting Pitch To Fellow Free Agents 

Post#2 » by raps4life~ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 pm

What if his recruiting doesn't work? Does he still sign there? Although I'm sure they can get Amare, at the least.
NADALbULLS
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by NADALbULLS » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Miami don't have a very genuine fanbase, it just doesn't have that feel in their homecourt that you get in Chicago, Cleveland, New York, LA, just not the same. It wouldn't feel like you are playing for an emotionally invested fanbase. They're sort of take-it-or-leave-it-type fans. I wouldn't be surprised if the big names find somewhere else more appealing, but Miami is a great location with the weather and lifestyle, and Amare/Bosh are reasonably young, probably focus on the material things, so it might be enough.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#4 » by Heat3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:26 pm

That's cause a lot of people here are from NY, Chicago, Philly and other places. If the teams win people show up, if they suck people find other things to entertain themselves with. It's just how it is down here. The only team that has a real solid fan base is the Dolphins and that was tested in the 1-15 season.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

NADALbULLS
Banned User

Post#5 » by NADALbULLS » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:31 pm

But anyway, the thing Miami have going for it is the lure of assembling the most talented team in the NBA, with all that cap room, nice chance of a ring collection there for these guys. And Riley is a smart dude, good to have him on your side.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#6 » by boogydown » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 pm

BIGGESTER wrote:most talented team in the NBA, with all that cap room, nice chance of a ring collection there for these guys. And Riley is a smart dude, good to have him on your side.

Easy buddy.

Amare + Wade is hardly the most talented team in the NBA.

The remaining cap space will be spent on filling the rest of the roster spots and it likely will not be any major player. That's almost as bad as Knicks fans saying they can have Lebron + Bosh + Lee + McGrady all on their team next season with there cap space.
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#7 » by Chosen01 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:55 pm

boogydown wrote:
BIGGESTER wrote:most talented team in the NBA, with all that cap room, nice chance of a ring collection there for these guys. And Riley is a smart dude, good to have him on your side.

Easy buddy.

The remaining cap space will be spent on filling the rest of the roster spots and it likely will not be any major player. That's almost as bad as Knicks fans saying they can have Lebron + Bosh + Lee + McGrady all on their team next season with there cap space.

How is that almost as bad.. not even close.. lol..
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#8 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:02 pm

everytime i watch their games it always looks empty in there. except for a LAKER game. and we even gave their fans a gift that night.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
NADALbULLS
Banned User

Post#9 » by NADALbULLS » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:06 pm

boogydown wrote:

Easy buddy.

O yeah I was thinking of Wade, Bosh AND Amare, but I now realise only 2 of them can fit in Miami. So yeah, really hard to say if Wade will lure either of them.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#10 » by INKtastic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:52 pm

If wade wants to win, he takes the MLE to play in cleveland, where the only weakness is starting 2 guard. That makes tons more sense than trying to recruit LeBron to a team who's only strength is the starting 2 guard.

My guess is wade goes through the motions of recruiting and then signs in Chicago.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#11 » by darth_federer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Heat3 wrote:That's cause a lot of people here are from NY, Chicago, Philly and other places. If the teams win people show up, if they suck people find other things to entertain themselves with. It's just how it is down here. The only team that has a real solid fan base is the Dolphins and that was tested in the 1-15 season.

I dont know man. Wade is a GREAT player and if he was playing in my city, I would try to watch him every night. Lets face it Miami isnt a good basketball town. The economy has hurt you guys badly as well.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,527

Post#12 » by ropjhk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm

"Gotta come to Miami! We have orgies every night! You like orgies, don't you?"
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#13 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 pm

darth_federer wrote:
Heat3 wrote:That's cause a lot of people here are from NY, Chicago, Philly and other places. If the teams win people show up, if they suck people find other things to entertain themselves with. It's just how it is down here. The only team that has a real solid fan base is the Dolphins and that was tested in the 1-15 season.

I dont know man. Wade is a GREAT player and if he was playing in my city, I would try to watch him every night. Lets face it Miami isnt a good basketball town. The economy has hurt you guys badly as well.

Miami isn't a good sports town, its a transient city. Most of the population isn't even American, then the ones that are, are from other cities. Very few have their roots in Miami.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#14 » by LApwnd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:16 pm

ropjhk wrote:"Gotta come to Miami! We have orgies every night! You like orgies, don't you?"

Id go there just for reason alone :lol: , but I would have to tell Wade that I get to go 1st, heard on radio his ex-wife claimed he gave her STDS
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#15 » by DraftBoy10 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Amare will reach out to Miami

Miami will reach out to Bosh.

Many teams will reach out to Bosh, and only a couple to Amare.

Bosh will take his time.

Thus, Miami will lock up Amare.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#16 » by BooRadley » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Ya, this kind [EDIT]of post has baiting written all over it.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#17 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:54 pm

lj4mvp wrote:If wade wants to win, he takes the MLE to play in cleveland,.
ha
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#18 » by LApwnd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm

lj4mvp wrote:If wade wants to win, he takes the MLE to play in cleveland, where the only weakness is starting 2 guard. That makes tons more sense than trying to recruit LeBron to a team who's only strength is the starting 2 guard.

My guess is wade goes through the motions of recruiting and then signs in Chicago.

yea cause you know Shaq still in his prime and all , once Shaq is gone Clev will be in the same crap shoot as years prior with NO one to handle Dhoward....oh wait you have JJ "Duncan" Hickson :lol:
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chosen01 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Wade's likely convo to try and persuade Bosh to come to Miami:

Wade:Sup chris how you doing

Bosh: I'm good man, just contemplating on which team Imma sign with, either stay with Raptors or go to Chicago

Wade: Oh..yea you should come play with me down in Miami man..

Bosh: Hmm, i don't know man..

Wade: cmon, we'd be one of the best Duos in history.

Bosh: yea but would i be the first or second option?

Wade: Umm..*wade thinks in his head*(obviously 2nd moron )umm.. you'd be more of the 1b

Bosh: I'm better off staying with Raptors, and be the franchise player, for the rest of my career

Wade: and stay in Mediocrity every year of your career, you sure?

Bosh: yea man, either that Or I'll sign with Chicago, i would still be the first option there too

Wade: aww, you can't tell you only care about being the first option over winning..?

Bosh: yea bro, I wanna be "The Man"

Wade: aww c'mon Miami weather is better than any **** weather chicago or toronto has to offer..

Bosh:i don't reallty care about weather too much, i like the cold anyways..

Wade: Yo Chris, just thinking of all the beautiful honeys , left right and center man

Bosh: hmm..good point.. i don't know man..

Wade:And you already know that i hold the best sex parties.. ever..

Bosh; yea man you hold the BEST SEX PARTIES!

Wade: Yea.. I'm Owner of 10 clubs in Miami, trust me, every saturday it never gets old

Bosh: Yea..

Wade: yea so Chris, will you sign with Miami, become the start of the best duo in history, get twice more wins than the raptors, have girls all over you, sandy beaches, attend my sex parties, sunny beaches, whadoya say?

Bosh: Naww man.. I'm thinking of just resigning with the raptors..

Wade:Aww FFS! Don't leave me in Miami alone with Micheal beasley!.. cmon!..

Bosh: No! I've made my mind sorry bro

Wade: aalright umm.. umm I'll let you be the 1a option..

Bosh: Hmm.. Nope.

Wade: Alright Clear cut 1st option, and you can take the last shots in games

Bosh:Bro I've made up my mind and its FINAL!

Wade:Argh!, Alright FINE!.. I'll let you be co-owner to all my sex parties

Bosh: DEAL!
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#20 » by Relentless88 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:41 pm

^That is weak, can't believe I read that.

Anyway even with another max FA Miami is hardly a GREAT team. They have weaknesses at center and point, and not very good depth.

Chicago is in a much better position. They're only in a position for 1 max, but they've got a great core already in Rose/Deng/Noah. Add a PF like Bosh/Boozer/Amare and that team is def amongst the best.

Return to The General Board