WT: HOF to include fan voting?!?!?!?!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Rupert Murdoch
Starter
And1: 1,906

Re: WT: HOF to include fan voting?!?!?!?! 

Post#21 » by Rupert Murdoch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 am

rrravenred wrote:Rupert, who do you feel are the great omissions / erroneous additions of the current system?

Artis Gilmore
Bernard King
Dennis Johnson
Kevin Johnson
Sidney Moncrief
M4P
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Post#22 » by M4P » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:03 am

This is **** stupid.
HoopsMalone wrote:Shaq would still have value... But to think he'd be anywhere near as dominant as he was in the post era is just ridiculous

jahlil okafor has some of the best post moves in the last 30 years and the dude can't even get on the floor
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#23 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:28 am

blzrfan wrote:Yi Jianlian to the HOF confirmed.

I demand that all announcers from here on out refer to him as "future hall of famer, Yi Jianlian"
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
-Illmatic-
Head Coach
And1: 97

Post#24 » by -Illmatic- » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 am

Any Chinese player is in.
Daedelus
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#25 » by Daedelus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 am

Fan voting for the ASG is understandable because that's who the ASG is for; the fans. Even if a few unworthy players get in, it's what the fans want to see.

If they choose to taint the HOF with fan voting, it will be making all previous Hall of Famers' achievements worthless. The HOF isn't for fans or popularity, it's for the truly great players to be remembered by. Fortunately, its looking like fan voting will be a very small factor, but just the fact that will have any impact is preposterous. I honestly didn't think they would go as far as to sell out the HOF.
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#26 » by Flipdog69xxx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 am

absolutely horrible idea. keep fans away from HOF voting! I don't mind fans f'ing up the ASG but not the Hall haha.
Kid Cudi
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Kid Cudi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 am

blzrfan wrote:Yi Jianlian to the HOF confirmed.
Puertorique
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Puertorique » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 am

Keep fan voting away from the HOF. Some people would say Artis Gilmore, Allen Iverson, Ardvydas Sabonis, Yao Ming don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Do you really want fan voting to be in the hands of those people? No female player or coach or intl player may ever see the Hall of Fame or players that fans hated. I may not have liked Karl Malone and may not have liked Ewing while he was on the Knicks, however they do deserve to be in the hall of fame. Letting fans vote on something this important to the legacy of players is not a good thing. Let the professionals do it, not the 12 year old with 5 computers in their house.

Return to The General Board