Worst team outlook for next 5 seasons?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

BeRight32
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Worst team outlook for next 5 seasons? 

Post#41 » by BeRight32 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:04 am

BOSTON
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#42 » by Flash3 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:06 am

East - Wizards, Detroit, Raptors (if Bosh leaves), Miami (if Wade leaves), Cleveland (if LeBron leaves), NY (if they don't get any of the top FAs)

West - Minnesota.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#43 » by princeofpalace » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:07 am

Phili (locked into mediocre players, will change if they win lotto though)
Raps if Bosh leaves (Hedo, Calderon, Bargs)
Washington (Arenas)
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#44 » by Jakay » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:32 am

I think Phoenix has a bumpy five years ahead. Basically as Nash declines, they will start to really really fall apart. And the Amare sitch has been handled so poorly, I can't see it working out in the long term for them.

As amazing as he's been, Nash is defying his age already, and he most likely can't keep that up into his 40s. I won't say never though, simply because he seems to defy this each year.

Boston will start to really age in the next few seasons too, and those aren't really guys you're gonna get a return on.

I'm ignoring the Clippers et al who just stink every single year despite what they do, and am assuming San Antonio will magically be okay once Duncan retires.
MVP-3
Banned User

Post#45 » by MVP-3 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:36 am

Flash3 wrote:East - Wizards, Detroit, Raptors (if Bosh leaves), Miami (if Wade leaves), Cleveland (if LeBron leaves), NY (if they don't get any of the top FAs)

West - Minnesota.

Yeah don't expect anyone to come in 2010. They are using it to hide there real plan.. Summer 2011 Carmelo Anthony!
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#46 » by Spicy P » Fri Apr 2, 2010 2:22 am

synesthesia wrote:
thierry wrote:Honestly, Toronto Raptors..

I agree, Bosh is going to leave, and they're going to be straddling the salary cap with a core of Calderon-Jack-Derozan-Hedo-Bargnani, and not quite bad enough to get a top 3 pick for another star

the Pistons and 76ers are next in line for bleak outlooks, but nowhere near as bad as Raptors

Actually I think they'd be one of the worst teams in the league without Bosh. This team is terrible if you take off Bosh. Look how bad they are at the moment with Bosh on the roster. Andrea Bargnani would be their best player and Turkoglu their second best. Think about that for a second. Those guys are nowhere near All-Star level. Turkoglu and Calderon don't even deserve to start. I don't see that roster improving any time soon because no one would want to take on those contracts.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#47 » by Jimmy76 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 2:24 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:
synesthesia wrote:
thierry wrote:Honestly, Toronto Raptors..

I agree, Bosh is going to leave, and they're going to be straddling the salary cap with a core of Calderon-Jack-Derozan-Hedo-Bargnani, and not quite bad enough to get a top 3 pick for another star

the Pistons and 76ers are next in line for bleak outlooks, but nowhere near as bad as Raptors

Actually I think they'd be one of the worst teams in the league without Bosh. This team is terrible if you take off Bosh. Look how bad they are at the moment with Bosh on the roster. Andrea Bargnani would be their best player and Turkoglu their second best. Think about that for a second. Those guys are nowhere near All-Star level. Turkoglu and Calderon don't even deserve to start.

I remember saying the Raptors are going to be the new knicks

things are turning out like i expected unfortunately
King Of The 4th
Head Coach
And1: 7,341

Post#48 » by King Of The 4th » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:20 am

The Knicks if they strike out this summer.
MetalFingaz wrote:Clearly he was trying to go off the backboard to the ghost of Rik Smits, but he forget Rik was still alive and that ghosts can't dunk.

KDBG wrote:I want to kill Jamal Crawford. Murder his 80 year old a$$. But he is probably a cool guy in real life.
CRACKSMATIC
Starter
And1: 2

Post#49 » by CRACKSMATIC » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:28 am

East- Raptors, Wizards, Pistons

West- Timberwolves, Golden state?
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#50 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:32 am

Celtics unless Ainge can pull out some amazing revamping.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#51 » by LV-Suns » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:33 am

I am actually expecting the Suns to hit rock bottom within the next couple years, especially if we lose Amare to FA this summer. We dont have any kind of bad contracts signed long term right. I will take the bumpy ride for a while than be stuck in mediocrity forever. I wish we go on a complete rebuild mode this summer if Amare walks. At least the Suns have some kind of blend of vets and youth this year unlike in the past.
I Dont wanna be here
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#52 » by pass first » Fri Apr 2, 2010 4:33 am

GS and Wolves suck now. But they have youth + top 5 pick this year. And their payrolls don't suck too bad.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#53 » by ATTL » Fri Apr 2, 2010 8:23 am

elitehunter99 wrote:What about the Spurs????

When Duncan retires, they have NO frontcourt...... and only Tony Parker in the backcourt..... Ginobili is also declining as is RJefferson.....

They don't have any impact prospects right now.... Blair and George Hill aren't players to build around.

Duncan will go down with a season ending injury in a couple years, then the Spurs will tank, get the #1 pick and get a franchise big man to play next to Duncan for his remaining years, picking up valuable experience, possibly staying in Duncan's home and making shaving cream commercials.
Milwaukee Beers
Freshman

Post#54 » by Milwaukee Beers » Fri Apr 2, 2010 8:32 am

I think it is almost certainly the 76ers. That they have barely rated a mention in this thread us testament to their irrevelancy.

The Spurs and to a lesser extent the Suns are good enough organizations that I feel they can reinvent themselves through free agency. It's just the way the league works.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#55 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Apr 2, 2010 8:58 am

How the hell can any one tell, 2010 FA is going to change every thing.

Half the league won't have the same team in a couple months...
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#56 » by Flash3 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 10:48 am

Jimmy76 wrote:
I remember saying the Raptors are going to be the new knicks

things are turning out like i expected unfortunately

Sans Bosh, they still have MORE talent than the current Knicks.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#57 » by Jakay » Fri Apr 2, 2010 11:00 am

Don't try telling that to Raptor fans. Positive energy kills them.

Unless you're trying to kill them.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#58 » by killbuckner » Fri Apr 2, 2010 12:34 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:How the hell can any one tell, 2010 FA is going to change every thing.

Half the league won't have the same team in a couple months...

...which is why teams with major caproom and no bad contracts don't have the worst outlook.
kickerboy10
Analyst

Post#59 » by kickerboy10 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 3:22 pm

If Lebron leaves the Cavs..

and maybe the Spurs. they are definitely aging quickly. They will be stuck in mediocrity for awhile i have a feeling...
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#60 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 3:44 pm

It's so frustrating being a Raptors fan knowing that our team will never be elite and will never win the championship. We had Vince for a few good years, and now we have Bosh for a few good years. I can't wait for DeRozen to break out so he can leave for greener pastures as well.

Calderon, Hedo and Bargnani, they make me laugh. Jump shooting white Euro's with no defense, toughness or will to win. A team constructed around these types of players will never be successful. The best part - all 3 of them are signed to bloated long term contracts.

Jack, DeRozen and A. Johnson are solid building blocks, I will give us that but with no big draft picks coming up... it'll be a long overhaul.

At least we 'might' get one last glimpse of playoffs this season before rebuilding again for another 4-5.

My vote: Toronto Raptors.
Go Raps!!

Return to The General Board