Is Dwight's defensive impact > Prime Big Ben's?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Better defensive C?

Dwight
40%
Ben Wallace
60%

Total votes: 103

G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Re: Is Dwight's defensive impact > Prime Big Ben's? 

Post#61 » by G-Heel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:22 am

I'm going to go with Big Ben.

but... imagine if Dwight is told to just focus on defense and don't have to do jack on offense? I think he would be better than Prime Big Ben in that case. If you watch tonight game, you'll see Dwight do everything on both end. He's the only decent rebounder, have to close out of perimeter players because we get abused on the perimeter.

I don't like "if"... so, as it stands, Big Ben was a better defender than Dwight now. He was intimidating and a great rebounder, but I don't think the difference between the two is huge.
Fire Otis!
J08
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#62 » by J08 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:26 pm

if Dwight was a role player and he focused on defense/rebounding only he would be much better on those areas.

Dwight teammates suck defensively as well and he doesn't have another defensive player like rasheed Wallace beside him. no perimeter defender like prince or a good defensive system.

orlando funnels everything to dwight and they are still top 5 defensively.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#63 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 pm

J08 wrote:if Dwight was a role player and he focused on defense/rebounding only he would be much better on those areas.

Dwight teammates suck defensively as well and he doesn't have another defensive player like rasheed Wallace beside him. no perimeter defender like prince or a good defensive system.

orlando funnels everything to dwight and they are still top 5 defensively.

Not sure that he could be much better at rebounding. IIRC his rebounding/48 career stats are second only to Dennis Rodman's in the past 20 years.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#64 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 am

Yea, IDK, Dwight doesn't really have stamina issues or anything, and he plays pretty intensely throughout, I don't think he'd have an extra gear by resting more on offense.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Player Comparisons