Who would you take? Chris Bosh vs Lamarcus Aldrige (Poll)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

If you had to choose between Chris Bosh and Lamarcus Aldridge who would you choose?

Chris Bosh
45%
LaMarcus Aldridge
55%

Total votes: 182

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,147

Re: Who would you take? Chris Bosh vs Lamarcus Aldrige (Poll 

Post#141 » by tsherkin » Tue Oct 4, 2011 11:12 am

Hopefully, we will get a chance to see into what LMA can develop in this upcoming season.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#142 » by Chosen01 » Tue Oct 4, 2011 11:16 am

dreamwalker87 wrote:I'd probably go Bosh. I feel as though neither can really carry a team far into the playoffs (what matters, isn't it?), but that Bosh would be a great second fiddle to a true #1. Its a shame the offense doesn't run through him more in Miami, because they seem to be most effective when he's getting off. Draws their bigs outside and leaves room for Wade and Bron to operate. Bosh is great when he's not a defense's number one priority.
Can't really say that LMA wouldn't be able to do that as well. Matter of opinion, really.

It's actually true, when Bosh goes off it benefits the Heat more because Wade and LeBron can get their points at any time since they have the ball in their hands 80% of the time.If Bosh is having a great night,Wade and LeBron usually seal the deal.

I expect Bosh to average 20 and 10 next season now that that he is accustomed to his role.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#143 » by tsherkin » Tue Oct 4, 2011 11:41 am

Of all the pairings (Bosh carefully set aside a moment), I wouldn't have thought Wade/Lebron was a wise move.

Wade OR Lebron would both fit very well with Bosh, then surround themselves with shooters. But all three... if they make it work, I'll be impressed. It's kinda like the super-charged 80s Celtics in a way, just with less chemistry, range and bench talent.

But Lebron was showing us some stuff in the Finals last year that, while it didn't work, was encouraging. He was posting more and more, which means he was working without the ball in his hands prior to the beginning of his possession in a way that was atypical for him and that's a promising development going forward, IMO. If he gets even a passable post game, he's going to turn into a much more dangerous player.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#144 » by tsherkin » Tue Oct 4, 2011 11:43 am

And the REST of that post...

Lebron posting means he can stagger across from Bosh and the two of them can work that cross-key dynamic to open things up for one another. If you put a pocket 3pt sniper on the strong side when Lebron has the ball and have Bosh floating around the elbow on the opposite side of the key with Wade roaming, it's going to be very hard to lock in on any of Miami's three stars.

Bosh's range and his ability to get to the rim and draw a foul will play a key role in any legit title run they have after last season, for sure. Talented guy. A little bit of a derp between the ears, but a good player. Not a #1, more of a #2/#3, but that's just where he is, so it's perfect.

EDIT: He's a legit classic nerd, though; book-smart, but totally zonked when it comes to figuring people out. So amusing that he's a reasonably high-profile athlete, too.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#145 » by Village Idiot » Tue Oct 4, 2011 12:53 pm

tsherkin wrote:Next season is next season; what LMA does then will be VERY interesting. I'm interested to see where he takes himself as a player. Development happens, and you can't hate on that if it does happen, right?
It will be very interesting indeed. Assuming Roy is gone the big factor will be at center. If Oden can get on the court he will help immensely. Last year the Blazers were playing 3 on 5 with both Miller and Camby being negligable offensive threats. Having a 3pt shooter in Felton and a low-post threat will minimize the number of double (and triple) teams he faces and should up both fouls drawn and shooting percentages.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to Player Comparisons