Derrick Rose vs. Kevin Durant

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Who you think is currently the better player?

Derrick Rose
36%
Kevin Durant
64%

Total votes: 39

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Re: Derrick Rose vs. Kevin Durant 

Post#41 » by tsherkin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 pm

tclg wrote:tsherkin. There is a poll on the bulls board and guess who is number one on who would you want to bring in if they get amnestied Ben Gordon, I think you really hit the nail on the head. That was an awesome pose

BG never should have been permitted to leave in the first place, lol.
ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#42 » by ahonui06 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Both good players, both a tad overrated, but I rather have Derrick Rose as my franchise player because he doesn't defer to other players.
tclg
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#43 » by tclg » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 am

Yeah he just got overpaid and we didnt want to. BG would give rose and boozer and deng way more room to operate in
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Clangus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 am

JordansBulls wrote:
bbms wrote:Kevin Durant is the better player and easier to build around.

Kevin Durant brings more efficiency and volume to my offense. He just don't need the ball in his hands to get the Thunder to the WCF. He's a capable iso scorer, not at Rose's level but he can get his part. I'd rather have Kevin Durant's iso game than Derrick Rose's ability to create for his bigs. He's also shown this year's playoffs he can also be a dominant rebounder for his position if the Thunder needs. 9 rpg against Dallas and Memphis is no joke.

As a franchise player, in today's NBA is much easier to find an elite ball handler than an elite off-ball player and if we're talking about potential, I think Durant's size and lenght give him advantage over Rose.

West's 8th seed is much more competitive than any team Bulls faced this year's playoffs outside of Miami Heat. Bulls is the best defensive team in the league and Thunder struggled with a Krstic + Green PF/C combo for long time. IMO, Derrick Rose is closer to Westbrook than to Durant.

How is it easier to build around Durant when he has another allstar on his team and the highest seed he has ever been is a 4 seed, while Rose hasn't played with one allstar yet and led a team to the best record in the league?
Not to mention Durant actually had Perkins as well a proven winner. :D

I think that Noah if not for injuries would have been an all star. Boozer was at that level in the past. Deng is very very under-rated and is actually IMO close to all star level.

Its easy to build around Durant because he scores efficiently without the ball, the majority of upper tier scorers all do so WITH the ball in thier hands a whole heap. Having a player not need to ball in thier hands to score efficiently opens up the whole offense.

Return to Player Comparisons