The Lebron Thread

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

jjgp111292
Senior
And1: 404

Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami 

Post#1101 » by jjgp111292 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 pm

OptimusOne6 wrote:Shane Battier got hurt tonight. I wonder if he'll be out for any games and for how long if he does. If he does sit any games, I would hope Spoelstra puts Anthony or Haslem back in the starting lineup and for the rest of the season. I'm not a fan of this small ball tactic, at least if Lebron is going to play SF in this.

I'm not liking Lebron's lack of energy on the boards recently either. He hasn't been dominating them like he did in the beginning of the season. I like everything else so far from him though, the defense, the scoring, aggressiveness, etc. but his energy on the boards needs to get back up.
Well he is averaging 8.8 boards, and before last night it was at 9.1 per game. In fact, his rebounding numbers so far are actually better than they were at this point last year.
And see basically them trick bitches get no dap
And see basically Redman album is no joke
And see basically I don't get caught up at my label
Cause I kill when they **** with food on my dinner table
Twitter
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#1102 » by OptimusOne6 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:38 pm

jjgp111292 wrote:Well he is averaging 8.8 boards, and before last night it was at 9.1 per game. In fact, his rebounding numbers so far are actually better than they were at this point last year.

Yes, because of how much energy he has put on the boards earlier this season and it is also because he has played more PF this season than he did last.
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#1103 » by SideshowBob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:25 am

Lebron's scoring in ball-handling situations, from Synergy (typically don't like their stats, but they serve their purpose here)

Isolation

In 73 isolation plays this season, he's gone 29/62 from the field, 4/12 from long range for an eFG% of 50.0%, turned the ball over 3 times, and drawn 12 FTA. That's miles ahead of last season, and assuming he's hit 67% of those FTA that's a 52.0% TS. Looks fantastic, the only clear issue is the lack of FTA. 12 FTA on 62 shots is an awful ratio for someone like him

PnR Ball Handler

In 52 PnR Handler plays this season, he's gone 21/42 from the field, 1/5 from long range for an eFG% of 51.2%, turned the ball over 7 times, and drawn 7 FTA. Assuming he's hit 65% of those FTA that's a 53.2% TS.

On the other hand, he's been relatively dreadful in what Synergy considers "post-up" situations this season.

Does anyone have figures from the last two years to compare to?
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1104 » by SideshowBob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:51 am

Found this from 2009-2010

James - 31.6 Isolation%: 0.97 PPP (26th)

Going by Synergy's criteria, that would be 713 plays out of 2255. That's an outrageous figure considering his efficiency
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#1105 » by toodles23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 am

Jumper looks really good so far. I was also glad to see him pass up that heat check three for an open Rashard Lewis, in Cleveland he takes that shot every time.

Another terrible night at the FT line too, this new routine he's trying looks so bad. I'll be very happy if he manages to get back to his usual 75%.
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#1106 » by toodles23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:45 am

Lebron has been ridiculous down the stretch of games this year, from the eye test, he seems to be just as effective in the last 5 minutes as he was in Cleveland. He's been great creating for himself and others at will, this ability to "turn it on" for stretches is something he couldn't really do the last two years.

Miami's D has to be a serious worry at this point, they've shown zero signs of being able to turn it around. Seems like there isn't one single glaring issue either, they're having trouble with just about everything defensively.

Miami won't keep winning these close games forever, but they've been ludicrously good in crunch time so far. Anybody know the numbers?
LeChosen1
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#1107 » by LeChosen1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:06 am

Lebrons freethrow routine is ugly as sin, He may continue to struggle unless he goes back to old form
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1108 » by SideshowBob » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 am

While I agree with you, toodles, regarding Lebron's late-game play, that's just a mere luxury. Miami's defensive woes are a far bigger issue. Lebron's constantly not in put into positions that maximize his effectiveness on D, largely because he's having to cover for the flaw of the lineups Spoelstra's running. The coaching staff really needs to figure this out, they should be a historic level team, but they're not playing like it because of the clear defensive lapses.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#1109 » by PCProductions » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Lebron has easily been the most clutch player in the league so far. Atlanta, Houston and now San Antonio he has been the man to produce when it counts most.
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1110 » by SideshowBob » Sun Dec 2, 2012 1:35 am

Explosion looks excellent tonight. Expect a big 4th quarter
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,690

Post#1111 » by IG2 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:12 am

SideshowBob wrote:Explosion looks excellent tonight. Expect a big 4th quarter

Yep. Just a far superior player compared to the last 2 seasons. And like we expected, improved mobility would lead to much better 4th qtr play. Miami's going to need another big one from him tonight.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant

Post#1112 » by PCProductions » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:00 pm

Just for the stat nerds: does anyone think Lebron will finish #1 in the advanced stats again this regular season? So far people like Kevin Durant and Chris Paul seem to be ahead in WS/48, Off Rtg etc. when Lebron for the last five years has handily been the most efficient player. Is lebron going to start taking the regular season less seriously?
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1113 » by SideshowBob » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:17 pm

Yeah, his TS% and PPG are both going to go up, as will his steals per game which should aid in boosting his offensive advanced stats. Miami's looked a little better defensively lately as well, and Lebron's DRTG has been trending down after the weak start, so that should help his WS/48 rate as well.

As for taking the regular season seriously, I doubt it. He doesn't look like he's going to play at that effort level for the whole game anymore, we're only going to see him amp it up late in games (as he has been doing).
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1114 » by SideshowBob » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:02 am

Looks like he really meant it when he said he'd be taking it easy this season. He looks disengaged right now
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#1115 » by DMVleGeND » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:33 am

One hing is pretty clear to me after watching tonight's game - LeBron has lost of lot of vertical explosion. I don't think I've ever seen him get his shot blocked or pass off after a drive more than he did tonight.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#1116 » by DMVleGeND » Fri Dec 7, 2012 4:23 am

Didn't see the whole game, but in the parts I saw, again, LeBron was really struggling to finish at the rim. I'm not seeing any improved athleticism.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
No_
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#1117 » by No_ » Fri Dec 7, 2012 4:43 am

Nah, he was finishing just fine. Just some got some unlucky rolls on like three lay ups. He was getting great explosion to the hoop whenever he was driving.
LeChosen1
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#1118 » by LeChosen1 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 5:31 am

Lebron seems to be scoring at ease and this is like the first game hes looked aggressive from the start, Looked like he was on pace for a big game, but when he sat the game went to complete ****.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant

Post#1119 » by PCProductions » Fri Dec 7, 2012 9:05 pm

Lebron's athleticism is just fine. The problem is the communication on defense. There have been so many moments where rotation just did not happen when it should've.

I'm also not so sure about this small ball thing anymore...
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1120 » by SideshowBob » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:43 am

Lebron in the last ten games

Code: Select all

MP    PTS    TRB    AST    STL    BLK    TOV   TS%    eFG%   GmSc
40.4  27.5   8.6    7.1    1.6    0.9    2.8  .585   .561    23.5

As I said, his scoring was going to be fine. The FT in that stretch were 7.1 FTA, 4.6 FT, 64.8% FT%. Had he hit at his typical ~77% rate, he'd be scoring 28.4 points per game on 60.4% TS. GameSco would be close to 24.5, which is a bit above 2009, a tad below 2010, and above any of his Miami seasons.

Return to Player Comparisons