yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The Lebron Thread

Moderators: tsherkin, Doctor MJ, nate33, penbeast0, rrravenred

Post#1066 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am by starvinmarvin17

Ginobili wrote:What an incredible performance by Lebron last night. As some people here have pointed out, he looks a lil bit faster and more agile on the half-court this season, and his 3pt shooting is as good as ever, better than ever actually.

That off-balance 3pt shot he made with Harden practicly on his face was amazing.

I feel hes a stronger and more prolific rebounder than in previous seasons also (he was last year too), he is a better rebounder than he was in Cleveland. I dont know if it is because hes playing PF, because hes gained bulk, because he is more willing to get them...or whatever, but its a fact, he is a slightly more dominant rebounder now.

his rebounding fundamentals have changed since 2012.
starvinmarvin17
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#1067 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am by jjgp111292

Last night LeBron took his most three point attempts (8) in a game in nearly 2 years, and that includes the playoffs. The last time he made that many (5) was Game 5 against Boston in 2011.
And see basically them trick bitches get no dap
And see basically Redman album is no joke
And see basically I don't get caught up at my label
Cause I kill when they **** with food on my dinner table
Twitter
jjgp111292
Junior
And1: 253

Post#1068 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 pm by toodles23

jjgp111292 wrote:Last night LeBron made his most three point attempts in a game in nearly 2 years, and that includes the playoffs. The last time he made that many was Game 5 against Boston in 2011.

The way his jumper looks this season, he should be attempting like 4 a game (especially right now with all these nagging injuries piling up).

I'm hoping Lebron's recovered by December/January and we start to see a little more explosion out of him. Reminds me a little of '92 MJ actually, he started the first couple months of the season with a knee injury and got more explosive as the season went on.
toodles23
Sixth Man
And1: 266

Post#1069 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm by PCProductions

I think it's still on track for Lebron's best year of his career. He clearly has some impeding injuries and yet has played more efficiently than all other players in the league. I think this year may still be "the one".
In the playoffs there is a tendency to assign traits that aren't actually there based on glimpses that don't actually matter.
PCProductions

Analyst
And1: 1,559

Post#1070 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm by MacGill

Barring injury, I just do not see how this man will not end up a top 5 talent ever.
MacGill

Starter
And1: 292

Post#1071 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm by OptimusOne6

Ginobili wrote:I feel hes a stronger and more prolific rebounder than in previous seasons also (he was last year too), he is a better rebounder than he was in Cleveland. I dont know if it is because hes playing PF, because hes gained bulk, because he is more willing to get them...or whatever, but its a fact, he is a slightly more dominant rebounder now.

It is definitely because he is more willing to get them and also because he is more fundamentally sound of a rebounder now.

He boxes out and just flat out chases after them now. I've noticed this improvement in 2011 when he started to box-out frequently. In Cleveland, he didn't really box-out that much, he did, but not as much and he didn't go after them as hard as he currently does in Miami.

I don't think Lebron was ever comfortable playing PF in Cleveland too. It seemed like he could just based of his size but he would feel and look awkward in that situation. He is just simply a more fundamentally sound player and doesn't play a street ball style anymore.

I think Lebron is on track for his best season. I thought last season was the best of Lebron but it looks like this season will overtake it.
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#1072 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:55 pm by SideshowBob

Looks extremely active on defense today
Marty Hart wrote:Every time I think you hit a ceiling, you just keep raising the bar. You are like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch.
SideshowBob

Lead Assistant
And1: 1,688

Post#1073 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 pm by ronnymac2

That was a sweet sweeping hook shot, too.
Exodus wrote:Kobe is huge internationally. He seems to resonate with the asian population with the samurai warrior spirit.
ronnymac2

Head Coach
And1: 1,422

Post#1074 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 am by IG2

First game where I've seen LeBron really struggle with his jumper. The way Clippers are now guarding him, he'll have to hit a few to finish this game off.

Gorgeous blow-by his defender as I type this. We NEVER saw this the last 2 seasons.
IG2
Sixth Man
And1: 122

Post#1075 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 am by SideshowBob

Well that roll-in three would've counted had Haslem not F'ed up. Blow by was great though, just as you said, we didn't see that at all the last two seasons.
Marty Hart wrote:Every time I think you hit a ceiling, you just keep raising the bar. You are like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch.
SideshowBob

Lead Assistant

Post#1076 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 am by SideshowBob

Miami continues to struggle defensively. Wonder if Spo's going to get the message or if he'll continue to insist on small-ball.
SideshowBob

Lead Assistant

Post#1077 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 am by IG2

SideshowBob wrote:Miami continues to struggle defensively. Wonder if Spo's going to get the message or if he'll continue to insist on small-ball.

He really needs to get over himself. Small ball hasn't worked from the get-go this season for them. They are winning strictly because of their offensive talent, but when their offense isn't awesome, they get blown out.
IG2
Sixth Man

Post#1078 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 am by OptimusOne6

Small ball would work if Lebron plays PF (see 2012 playoffs) but so far Lebron has been the SF for the most part so it's not a very good idea.

If they want to continue small ball and have Lebron play the 3 then they should have Rashard start over Shane because Shard is an experienced 4 while Shane has hardly ever played the 4 in his career. Not to mention Shard is bigger than Shane (height wise).
OptimusOne6
Junior
And1: 23

Post#1079 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 am by IG2

Something I've noticed, this rejuvenated LeBron is much better driving right than left. He's partial to it too, when in Cleveland he didn't really have a preference. Doesn't have the same explosiveness going left.
IG2
Sixth Man

Post#1080 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:10 am by toodles23

His shot looked ugly today, his balance on midrange jumpers isn't even close to '10-'11 level right now. Doesn't have the same discipline to go straight up and down. FTs have been ugly too, when's the last time he had a stretch this bad?

Despite those problems, he was still able to create for himself in the halfcourt, something he would've struggled to do the last 2 seasons. He does seem to be much better driving right so far this season, though I wonder if that has to do with some of the nagging injuries he has. And thoughts on his post game? Those hook shots didn't look that pretty, but they went in. I thought he looked noticeably more aggressive backing down and looking to score in the post tonight than usual.

And I don't know about you guys, but Wade looks terrible to me.
toodles23
Sixth Man
And1: 266

Post#1081 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 am by starvinmarvin17

Wade needs to start showing up. Wade was carried to that second ring and it hurts me to say this. Only way i became a lebron fan was because i was a lifetime wade fan first.
starvinmarvin17
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#1082 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 pm by JordansBulls

starvinmarvin17 wrote:Wade needs to start showing up. Wade was carried to that second ring and it hurts me to say this. Only way i became a lebron fan was because i was a lifetime wade fan first.

Wade in no way shape or form was carried to a 2nd ring. Sure he may not have been the best on the team anymore, but he certainly wasn't carried. We are talking about a guy who was still 3rd in the league in PER on the season.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 729

Post#1083 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm by PCProductions

I was pleased with Lebron's effort, Clippers played well they wanted it more and were the hungrier team at the end. Very disappointed with Wade I think his injury is affecting his confidence.

Road trips like these can also be very draining. But again, Lebron is looking great.
In the playoffs there is a tendency to assign traits that aren't actually there based on glimpses that don't actually matter.
PCProductions

Analyst
And1: 1,559

Post#1084 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 pm by DMVleGeND

IG2 wrote:Something I've noticed, this rejuvenated LeBron is much better driving right than left. He's partial to it too, when in Cleveland he didn't really have a preference. Doesn't have the same explosiveness going left.

I noticed this too, although his left is still better than most players.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND

Sixth Man
And1: 80

Post#1085 Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 pm by SideshowBob

Lebron's looked MUCH more comfortable creating with his back to the basket from the mid and high block this season.

Jumpshot looks good today
SideshowBob

Lead Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Player Comparisons