Post#82 » by Elden Payton » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:27 pm

He is cold blooded Cardiac Kemba.

Was absolutely ruthless in OT.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Kemba v Knight. 

Post#83 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:33 am

If you watch knight, he looks like a HS kid just learning the game. He makes a lot of poor decisions because he's still growing at 20 years old. The problem with knight at pg is they run Stuckey next to him which doesn't really work when stuckey's spotting up. . Additionally knight struggles to finish at the rim, something he's going to adjust too, per game he has at least 6-8points at the rim on average he should finish. Knight however has no problem getting to the lane. Frank should split PG minutes with Knight and Stuckey, as both bring a different style and going to be harder to guard.

As far as kemba, to tell you the truth , i barely noticed him all game until the end. He's definitely a closer and doesn't shy away from the moment. A role that he learned in college. After reading all the hype from this board and how he's better than lillard etc. i failed to see it. What i saw from kemba is chucking play maker. i think if Charlotte needs to score , kemba should have the ball in his hands as he can generate his own offense, but efficiency wise he's has lots of room to improve. The important thing for Charlotte is that they at least have a piece that is willing to carry the team on his shoulders, its no a matter of translating that into wins.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,670

Post#84 » by KembaWalker » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:41 pm

the whole "chucker thing" kinda loses its sting when one gets 7 assists and his matchup gets 1 with a .25 ast:to ratio. the funny thing is you read Detroits board and they all complain that Knight doesn't have more freedom to control the ball. i mean my god, do you want him to set the all time turnover record or something? he isnt a pg
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#85 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:56 pm

Kemba is way better than Knight. There isn't a single thing that Knight does better than Kemba. Knight isn't NBA starter material while Kemba has a chance to be an all-star in the future.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#86 » by kurtis48239 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:58 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:Kemba is way better than Knight. There isn't a single thing that Knight does better than Kemba. Knight isn't NBA starter material while Kemba has a chance to be an all-star in the future.

Homer much,better defender more efficent,its kinda of a mute point seeing how they are pretty similar this year
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#87 » by KembaWalker » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:17 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:Kemba is way better than Knight. There isn't a single thing that Knight does better than Kemba. Knight isn't NBA starter material while Kemba has a chance to be an all-star in the future.

Homer much,better defender more efficent,its kinda of a mute point seeing how they are pretty similar this year

they aren't really similar at all. Knight is a pretty terrible man defender, Kemba got by him as easily as I've seen anyone (check the video above). He is lucky to have a decent frontcourt behind him to cover up. Drummond and co. coming over constantly trying to cover Knights lapses led to Biyombo dominating the offense glass and pretty much cost your team the game. thats hwo someone like Kemba can dominate a game even without efficient shooting
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#88 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:29 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:

they aren't really similar at all. Knight is a pretty terrible man defender, Kemba got by him as easily as I've seen anyone (check the video above). He is lucky to have a decent frontcourt behind him to cover up. Drummond and co. coming over constantly trying to cover Knights lapses led to Biyombo dominating the offense glass and pretty much cost your team the game. thats hwo someone like Kemba can dominate a game even without efficient shooting

Kemba missed 3 times and finally hit in that video you showed that I assume cuts out the other 3 times. Knight hasn't been a good decision maker this year, but his defense has very solid.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#89 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:17 am

KembaWalker wrote:the whole "chucker thing" kinda loses its sting when one gets 7 assists and his matchup gets 1 with a .25 ast:to ratio. the funny thing is you read Detroits board and they all complain that Knight doesn't have more freedom to control the ball. i mean my god, do you want him to set the all time turnover record or something? he isnt a pg

Actually not really, chucker is a chucker, and if Kemba should have 5+ assist considering how much he dominates the ball. Again after reading all the hype all over this board about kemba, i was not impressed. Reminded me a little of Jordan Crawford.

Also , your video doesn't show the 3 misses prior to that. but i wouldn't expect it too.
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#90 » by kurtis48239 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:41 am

KembaWalker wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:

Come on are you really going to sit there and say kemba bested him on the defence end,anyone with eyes can see knight won the defence side that night,and that video means nothing even the sun shines on a dogs arse some days.
kurtis48239
General Manager

Post#91 » by kurtis48239 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:08 am

I do like walker and have nothing against him,but he does remind me of a ben gordon,and theres nothing wrong with that,if he becomes a ben gordon with better d thats a solid player.I also think he will be like gordon in the way gordon can go extremly hot and then extremly cold.But the true honesty is we dont really know what either player (knight/kemba) will become and its getting really boring hearing ridiculos things about both that are just blatant homerism at its finest.If kemba becomes better than knight than thats great for you guys or vice versa,but to sit here and say one is definitly going to be better at this point is stupid .I know I have said things about kemba in the heat of the moment,but the reality is its just getting to the point were it isnt a fun bantering thing its just getting ridiculous and making some posters look really foolish....
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#92 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:18 am

Don't really see how Kemba is a chucker if he's shooting 42.7 from the floor vs. Knight's 40.7. Or does that mean Knight is a chucker, or just not a good shooter period? Despite Knight being a far better pure shooter and Kemba being a "chucker", his TS% is only 1.3 better than Kemba's.

Doesn't really bode well for Knight considering Kemba is better at every other aspect of the game.

Also, for Kemba to dominate/chuck the ball so much compared to Knight, their usage's are fairly similar at 25 to 22.9.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#93 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:40 am

SWedd523 wrote:Don't really see how Kemba is a chucker if he's shooting 42.7 from the floor vs. Knight's 40.7. Or does that mean Knight is a chucker, or just not a good shooter period? Despite Knight being a far better pure shooter and Kemba being a "chucker", his TS% is only 1.3 better than Kemba's.

Doesn't really bode well for Knight considering Kemba is better at every other aspect of the game.

Also, for Kemba to dominate/chuck the ball so much compared to Knight, their usage's are fairly similar at 25 to 22.9.

Your completely missing the point, certain Char posters claim Kemba is pa Allstar while Brandon Knights a scrub. i didn't see kemba being that much better than knight during that game, Kemba closed the game and Knight didn't.That's pretty much what separated them.

Kemba is a chucker, but its more so because Char lacks legitimate talent to surround him. There's just as much chance of him heaving shots and it going in as his team mates have scoring. If you want to define that as something else,fine but that's chucking.

I will admit, Kemba maybe the better player, but that's today. Tomorrow Knight could go off and kemba s*. point, is its game by game basis, both players have bright futures.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#94 » by Elden Payton » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:53 am

[quote="Blkbrd671]Kemba is a chucker, but its more so because Char lacks legitimate talent to surround him. There's just as much chance of him heaving shots and it going in as his team mates have scoring. If you want to define that as something else,fine but that's chucking.][/quote]

I'm not going to join in the discussion between you and SWedd but I just have to say that what you have just written here is basically the complete opposite of chucking.

Chucking is basically heaving shots to the detriment of the team and denying players who can score the ball prolifically a chance to do so...usually to a coaches dismay (or dismissal)

See: Kobe, Jennings, Nick Young, Corey Maggette etc.

Not chucking is when you are your teams number one option and the best chance of winning is giving you the ball and calling the plays for you.

See: Kyrie, Steph Curry, Monta (imo)

Kemba is Charlotte's best player and with nine wins he was a major factor in and four he was personably responsible for, if you read Charlotte's game threads (which some of you do) then you will notice we think Kemba doesn't shoot enough.

Until someone (Shabazz?) comes to town it will continue to remain that way.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#95 » by orangeparka » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:47 am

Love what Kemba's been doing this season. It's exactly the same as when the Bobcats were actually winning games.

Seems like a poor man's Derrick Rose to me.

I think Kemba/Lillard is a more valid comparison for the season. Now THAT would be something worthwhile and interesting.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#96 » by KembaWalker » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:15 pm

orangeparka wrote:Love what Kemba's been doing this season. It's exactly the same as when the Bobcats were actually winning games.

Seems like a poor man's Derrick Rose to me.

I think Kemba/Lillard is a more valid comparison for the season. Now THAT would be something worthwhile and interesting.

its been done, the thread died when tsherkin bailed out after I tried to get him to defend his reasoning of 2% of TS% efficiency being more valuable than an extra steal and 1 less turnover. still would like to hear that
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#97 » by KembaWalker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

update since threads been quiet for a while: Kemba and Knight are now tied in TS%.

per 36:

Kemba 18.4pt/3.5reb/5.9ast/2stl/.4blk 2.3TO
Knight: 15.5pt/4.1reb/4.9ast/.6stl/.1blk 3.4TO

Kemba PER: 19.5
Knight PER: 12.5
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#98 » by Elden Payton » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm

@KembaWalker

What are their respective TS percentages?

Kemba against the Rockets had 35/8/5 on 12-21 and 6-7 from three.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#99 » by KembaWalker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

52.2 each

same as Westbrook 8-)
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#100 » by Jase » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 pm

SWedd523 wrote:Don't really see how Kemba is a chucker if he's shooting 42.7 from the floor vs. Knight's 40.7. Or does that mean Knight is a chucker, or just not a good shooter period? Despite Knight being a far better pure shooter and Kemba being a "chucker", his TS% is only 1.3 better than Kemba's.

To be fair, Knight shoots 11 times a game. Walker shoots 15 times a game. That's telling.

That said, I still think Walker is the better player, pretty clearly. Knight is raw, seems lost a lot of the time, and very inconsistent.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."

Return to Player Comparisons