Kemba v Knight.

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,263

Re: Kemba v Knight. 

Post#41 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 pm

rrravenred wrote:
DNice68 wrote:Knight will be better in the long run that's all I know!

Just a quick note, on the PC Board it's expected that if you have an opinion, you'll back it up with argument and evidence. This kind of post skirts the boundaries of post-padding, as discussed in the "New Rules for the Player Comparison Board" post in the announcements section.

This has been a public service announcement by the Dread Order of Evil Moderators™

And yet post 31 in this thread did exactly the same thing with no warning. Talk about inconsistent moderating.
rrravenred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 546
Location: Pulling at the loose threads of arguments since 2006

Post#42 » by rrravenred » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Don't complain. Use the report button. All powerful, we are. All seeing, we are not.
ElGee wrote:You, my friend, have shoved those words into my mouth, which is OK because I'm hungry.

Got fallacy?
rrravenred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 546
Location: Pulling at the loose threads of arguments since 2006

Post#43 » by rrravenred » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 pm

And whilst I'm. here... don't cheerlead or denigrate. Argue. Debate.
ElGee wrote:You, my friend, have shoved those words into my mouth, which is OK because I'm hungry.

Got fallacy?
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#44 » by RTM » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 am

rrravenred wrote:And whilst I'm. here... don't cheerlead or denigrate. Argue. Debate.

Clearly you haven't seen the Bobcats-Pistons pissing contest threads. You expect too much.

Although this is a valid comparison right now. Both guys have improved from last season, with different strengths (for Knight it's his 3 pointer, for Kemba his quick hands).
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,144

Post#45 » by KembaWalker » Sat Dec 1, 2012 3:22 am

oops, back to reality

Kemba got a little burnt out playing 45 min++ back to back nights but he's still the better player. Much better passer. Can't wait till we get a real post player
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#46 » by Mr Peanut » Sat Dec 1, 2012 5:23 am

KembaWalker wrote:oops, back to reality

Kemba got a little burnt out playing 45 min++ back to back nights but he's still the better player. Much better passer. Can't wait till we get a real post player

And yet Knight is averaging 6.4 assists/36 mins compared to Kemba's 5.9 assists/36 min?

Also, looks like Kemba's FG% has dropped to below 40% again too and he is shooting 22% from 3 point. Guess he can't do any worse than shooting 36.6% on the worst winning percentage team in NBA history like last season though.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#47 » by orangeparka » Sat Dec 1, 2012 10:14 am

After a terrific start to the season, Kemba's been struggling the past five games (1-4) only shooting 28% from the field, mainly because of that 3-17 game on that second game of the b2b where he played 47 minutes and going 0-6 in that embarrassing loss against OKC.

He's been passing the ball pretty well though, putting up 6.6 assists per game in that stretch and a 13/9 game last game with only two turnovers.

Knight, on the other hand, has been incredibly hot, putting up 18.4ppg over the last five on 53%/57% shooting. While his shot's been crazy shot, he only managed 3.2apg with 4.2topg in that stretch.

Of course, Kemba has to be burdened with being the #1 option (LOL), so he really needs to pick up his game to get the Bobcats winning again. 28% over the last five is unacceptable, no matter how many minutes he's had to play. Knight's been killing it with his shot, but he does have the luxury of his lesser offensive role, and to be fair to Kemba, Knight's assist numbers have been equally terrible.

I think this will be a fun and valid comparison throughout the entire season. It'll be interesting for sure how these two young PGs go at it.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#48 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 1:05 pm

Bump for Brandon beasting and kemba beasting. supposed scrub vs elite pg.,....supposedly
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#49 » by KembaWalker » Sun Dec 9, 2012 6:02 pm

I expected to see knight be more successful when he gave up trying to run an offense and just scored.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#50 » by DNice68 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:35 pm

Anyways the Kings screwed up by not taking either one of them in the 2011 draft.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#51 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 am

KembaWalker wrote:I expected to see knight be more successful when he gave up trying to run an offense and just scored.

Really? because all you've been doing is trolling and calling him a scrub, and acting like kemba's an elite player.

KembaWalker wrote:especially when he's struggling so greatly to even reach "average" level production especially in this era of PGs. Its hard to come up with 5 starting PGs that are worse than Knight. Jameer I guess, even though he just outplayed Knight. maybe Isaiah Thomas
[/quote]

i expected that you would retract and/or act like you knew it
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#52 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 am

DNice68 wrote:Anyways the Kings screwed up by not taking either one of them in the 2011 draft.

Not really, Isaiah Thomas is a good pg. Kings problem is the management. Idk if its drafting or developing players but it just seems players don't progress on the kings. Talents not the issue
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#53 » by KembaWalker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:51 am

in his last 5 Kemba is averaging 7.2 ast and 1.4 turnovers. Knight is averaging 3.4 ast 2.8 TOs. He's starting to slip into the combo guard position, not PG.

They're both doing well scoring, one is doing well passing
JerMike2
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#54 » by JerMike2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:56 am

I would take Kemba over Knight 100 times out of 100.
Fred Williamson
Lead Assistant
And1: 517

Post#55 » by Fred Williamson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am

ITT, everyone is using 3-game samples from each player as performance measurement. How about we wait until at least February until we judge the players?

"LMFAO dude's a scrub"
"he's younger, so he must be better"
"after 4 games, I came to the conclusion that he's inefficient, case closed"

that's all that is posted in here
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#56 » by franktony » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 pm

DNice68 wrote:Anyways the Kings screwed up by not taking either one of them in the 2011 draft.

The Kings screwed up way more passing on Leonard and Faried.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,109

Post#57 » by SWedd523 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:I expected to see knight be more successful when he gave up trying to run an offense and just scored.

Really? because all you've been doing is trolling and calling him a scrub, and acting like kemba's an elite player.

I've said before I'm not a huge fan of either guy's play style, but I have to agree with KW.

Knight started off with some good assist numbers and horrible scoring/shooting numbers but most Detroit fans were clamoring about him learning how to be a pass-first PG, how he's such a better passer than Kemba, etc.

Now his assist numbers have dropped but he's looking much better because he's allowed to get up shots. They need to let Knight play to his strengths. He's not a top flight passer or creator and never really was in Kentucky either. Let him be a shooter/scorer and play more naturally within himself. Don't know if that means he needs to be a SG or not, but I think he'll be more successful without the traditional PG role.

I will say, though, that Kemba has been more impressive so far this season
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#58 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 am

SWedd523 wrote:I've said before I'm not a huge fan of either guy's play style, but I have to agree with KW.

Knight started off with some good assist numbers and horrible scoring/shooting numbers but most Detroit fans were clamoring about him learning how to be a pass-first PG, how he's such a better passer than Kemba, etc.

Now his assist numbers have dropped but he's looking much better because he's allowed to get up shots. They need to let Knight play to his strengths. He's not a top flight passer or creator and never really was in Kentucky either. Let him be a shooter/scorer and play more naturally within himself. Don't know if that means he needs to be a SG or not, but I think he'll be more successful without the traditional PG role.

I will say, though, that Kemba has been more impressive so far this season

Don't know who these detroit fans that were clamoring about him learning to be a pass first pg. i do know that we have been saying he's improved on his passing which he has. So please elaborate. i don't recall everyone(piston fans) saying that he's better than kemba at passing, maybe a couple, but i'm pretty sure most would agree that they are both average.

One thing thats really starting to get irritating is Charlotte posters pretending to be unbiased and making statements like they know why knight is struggling or progressing. Knight started playing much better because the coaches took the leash off of him and told him to just play his game. Knight was passing up good shots in the effort to get his teammates involved, where as now, he more so looking for his own shot or drive and using that to get his teammates open. He can play PG and SG with his scoring ability much like Billups used too.

Don't know why some posters feel that is so important to label players or to judge them so early on in the season. Additionally calling one team's pg a scrub and claiming their own pg is a much better when there stats and peaks and valleys are similar is straight trolling and homerism.

I will say, though, that Knight has been more impressive so far this season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#59 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 am

franktony wrote:

The Kings screwed up way more passing on Leonard and Faried.

I really thought that Thomas Robinson pick was going to be good, but looks like he's a head case too
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#60 » by thruthefire » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:17 am

Kemba is 14-of-31 from three over the last seven games. He has the form to shoot right around 40 percent over an entire season, and with his work ethic it's just a matter of time before he does.
Humble yourself.

Return to Player Comparisons