Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Re: Tim Legler's top 5 PGs this season 

Post#41 » by Illmatic21 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:39 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:Funny how you pick and choose which stats to use? Wall has a higher fg%, 3pt%, eFG% than Lawson. Lawson's only edge over Wall offensively is his proficiency in getting to the line.

Not sure where you got that from, they look identical from the field to me.

Lawson: 455 2pt%, .356 3pt%, .475 eFG%

Wall: .457 2pt%, .354 3pt%, .474 eFG%

So you wait a week hoping Wall's stats go down before you respond :lol:

And Lawson is having a pretty lousy season considering he's barely been on the damn court. The guy is injured yet again. Meanwhile Wall is on pace to play all 82
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#42 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Illmatic21 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:Funny how you pick and choose which stats to use? Wall has a higher fg%, 3pt%, eFG% than Lawson. Lawson's only edge over Wall offensively is his proficiency in getting to the line.

And Lawson is having a pretty lousy season considering he's barely been on the damn court. The guy is injured yet again. Meanwhile Wall is on pace to play all 82

1) I just read this thread and your post (and it was about 4 days).

2) At the time of the your post, Wall had: .458 2pt%, .363 3pt%, .477 eFG%. Yup, still pretty damn identical.

3) Wasn't saying Lawson > Wall overall or anything like that. I was just saying that your comment in response to his use of TS% made no sense. You took offense as if Wall has some clear edge from the field when he doesn't. They're a wash from the field and Lawson has the edge in TS% because of getting to the line.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,959

Post#43 » by Optms » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:16 pm

How exactly does Kyrie just miss the cut over guys like Dragic, Wall, Lowry and Lawson? How?

Irving has been trash all season and so has his team. People like Legler really make Irving to be overrated.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,900

Post#44 » by Woodsanity » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Dragic>>Lillard.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#45 » by bigboi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Dragic>>Lillard.

Not really, Lillard would be most likely put up better stats in the suns system
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Post#46 » by cpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:36 pm

bigboi wrote:

I doubt it. Dragic is putting up number at 61 TS% and 56 eFG%. Can Lillard do that?
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#47 » by Golden Angel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:59 pm

cpower wrote:
bigboi wrote:

I doubt it. Dragic is putting up number at 61 TS% and 56 eFG%. Can Lillard do that?

No.

Lillard is overrated, got trashed by steph curry and klay thompson all night the other night.

He's just lucky to play with LMA so he gets way more credit than he deserves, Dragic should've been an all star for sure over DL this year, just like steph got robbed last year.
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#48 » by Quotatious » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 pm

I wouldn't trade Lillard for any other PG except Chris Paul, just because he fits so well to the PTB team concept, but there are a few point guards clearly better than him, in my opinion. He's limited as a facilitator, it isn't something that feels natural to him (but he doesn't turn the ball over too much), and he's a poor defender, so he's only good as a scorer/shooter, but I believe his value to the Blazers is greater than it would seem to be when you look at what he objectively brings to the table (in terms of production).
Dragic is similar to Dame in the sense that he's not a top notch facilitator, and not a good defender, but he's a better scorer/shooter and leader than Lillard, so I rank him higher on my list of the top PGs. Still wouldn't trade Lillard for him, because of how much Lillard's chemistry with our starters impacts the team, but I think that if we traded them, both teams would've gotten worse by a few wins. Lillard's efficiency would likely drop, although his volume would rise. 23 PPG on 54-55% TS seems reasonable, but I'm not sure if that's an improvement. I think Dragic is a better first option, and Lillard is perfectly suited as the #2 guy, which he actually is in Portland right now.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#49 » by sca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:49 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

1) I just read this thread and your post (and it was about 4 days).

2) At the time of the your post, Wall had: .458 2pt%, .363 3pt%, .477 eFG%. Yup, still pretty damn identical.

3) Wasn't saying Lawson > Wall overall or anything like that. I was just saying that your comment in response to his use of TS% made no sense. You took offense as if Wall has some clear edge from the field when he doesn't. They're a wash from the field and Lawson has the edge in TS% because of getting to the line.

It's meaningless to argue who's better between Wall, Lawson and Thomas when Lowry has been better than all three of them. :D
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#50 » by Sluggerface » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Lowry's always been a capable guard, but let's see if this season isn't just a flash in the pan "chasing the money" season. I'm not ready to put a guy who's been uncoachable and a perennial trade chip (almost got traded this season as well) for his entire career in the top 5 off of one season.

Return to Player Comparisons